Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Bazooka Tube in Regular Cab

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bazooka Tube in Regular Cab

I've got a 8" RS-8A thats been sitting in my bedroom for quite some time. Wondering if anyone here has put a bazooka tube in they're reg. cab truck and how it worked. I can't see it working with the bench, but with buckets, and the passenger having a little more leg room without having the pedal under they're feet, one could place it behind the passenger seat.

Just curious to know what you all think. If it won't work, I'll just sell it, but if you got it, might as well use it if it works I guess.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had one years ago in my BMW convertible, and then in a Toyota Tercel, and I was way un-impressed with it. In my opinion, an 8 or 10" sub in a sealed box behind the seats would sound and work way better. And with slim-subs like the ones made by Polk and Earthquake, you could get some serious bass!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Remember that low freqs are unidirectional and as such a sub can be placed just about anywhere. Now, the Bazooka tubes are designed to be pointed to a hard surface about 6" away, so that becomes the limiting factor.

I run a BTA8100 in my 4Runner, it's up on a wheel hump and aimed at the hatch. I got it for dirt cheap and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Do you have the connecting cable? If not, Bazooka will be happy to sell you one (for a price of course) and they'll need to know the _serial number_ from the tube. I guess a lot of these get stolen, and of course that means the cable gets left behind, so Bazooka's trying to help flush those out. Kudos to them.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have the cable, but its only 13.00 so it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't really need a sub in my truck but I figured since I have one, maybe I should use it. I probably should just sell it. Could use the dinero, however little it is.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EWAYota
I don't have the cable, but its only 13.00 so it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't really need a sub in my truck but I figured since I have one, maybe I should use it. I probably should just sell it. Could use the dinero, however little it is.
fwiw, I paid $50 for my tube sans cable. Yours is on the street new for about $200, so you're probably looking at $100 without the cable.

I didn't know if I wanted any sort of a sub in there, but after having even this one I'm glad I did. With the head unit setup with a low pass filter to the sub and highpass to the mains, the bass is a LOT crisper. I'm not a booming bass fan, but I listen to a lot of electronica and want that snapping kick nice and clear.

It might be worth the $13 to see what it's like in the truck. If you don't think it's worth it, then it'll be easier to sell with the cable.

Do you have the mounting brackets?