Post Your Tests Here Use this sectin for testing your signature files, and for testing pictures/avatars

1990 4runner replacing upper control arm torsion bar trouble

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 4runner replacing upper control arm torsion bar trouble

Hi everyone...i replaced both upper control arms on a 1990 4runner. In doing so i lifted the truck, loosened the torsion bars, got the old ones out and the new UCAs into place...and this is where i'm stumped. When it came time to adjust the torsion bars i noticed that they're not quite sittin where they're supposed to on the back end (where the adjustment screw is). Everywhere ive read it says that the adjustment should be done while the tires are lifted off the ground. Thing is when i lift the tires the torsion bar moves like an inch away from where its supposed to sit. Tried adjusting the screw to pull them down but it just wont budge. Also noticed that, on the other hand, if i let the truck sit on the ground, or i lift the suspension by the lower control arm, the torsion bars get closer to their place...but not quite right. Is this normal?, are they supposed to go up and down on the back end as the truck moves?...or am i missing some little detail here?...any info would be helpful....thnxs

Old 08-23-2020, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rude off topic question/ newbie

Saw you talking about Toyotas....found a very old conversation on this... hylander O2 sensor replacement repair. If its acceptable for me to jump in I would appreciate some help. Been through this change out nightmare and now the 2 studs broke off. Has anyone else had to deal with this? Any advice on how to repair this if that's even a possibility