Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4th Gen. Slider Roundup

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th Gen. Slider Roundup

Okay. Now that a few different companies / individuals have started producing 4th gen. sliders, I thought maybe we could have people post their experiences here. So, if you have sliders on your 4th gen. - whether they bolted on or were welded on, please share your impressions/pictures/etc. here. Just thought it'd be a nice little collection of what's available.

the ones I know of are:

weld on:
Sonoran Steel
Demello
Stubbs

bolt on:
Hanna Quality
(Demello is working on some)
Old 02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Banned

no one has sliders on their 4th gens? i know that isn't true!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:15 AM

I've got the hanna quality sliders, and they are definately quality. I have not had the opportunity to truely test them or get pics.... if someone really wants pics, I will get them.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:45 AM

I dont have a 4th gen, but here is a link to FirstToy's thread...

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/hanna-slider-testout-pics-dial-up-warning-44901/

Go to his write-up, then go to Hanna Quality Sliders at the top, theres pics in there...

Last edited by MorphiasX; 02-28-2005 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Banned

the only reason I started this thread is because I just thought it might be nice to have all the info on what 4th gen. sliders are available right here in one thread ... for ease of use when searching.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

I love my Hanna sliders.
Here is a good thread on them.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...=Hanna+sliders

FT really tested them out on the rocks and they never budged at any point.

It has saved my rocker panel once at Hollister going throught the frame twister I slid a bit and hit my passenger side pretty hard. I looked later and there wasn't even a scratch I could see on the sliders.

WHat I really like is tha fact they are really solid with a big square tube at the bottom and great mounts that gives you a slider that doesn't bend, flex or move at all.

I used them at Pismo to just Hi-Lift my front tire after I blew the bead. They work great with Wabbit's adapter.

Below a few pics.

Yeah FT actually brok some rock with it, we all though it was pretty funny.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:23 PM

I have Roger Brown (www.4crawler.com) sliders on my Taco (he makes them for non-XREAS 4-runners too, http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...derZ.shtml#T4R) and I've been very happy with them.

I like the look of the square tubing, which I think better matches the -'04 body styling. I also think the square tubing is more secure when you need to stand on it(using friends as mobile ballast, s/o uses then as running boards) and the front and rear kick-outs make excellent spots to stand while loading a roof-rack or working near the a-pillar of a lifted truck.

I had my sliders welded to my frame because, when your strength comes from the body seam, and thus the body mount bolts, you can only apply force verticly. I rather like the idea of being able to use my "outriggers" to help stabilize my vehicle if I'm too far over by running a strap to another vehicle, or even as additional low strength attachment points.

If I had someplace hosting my images I would post them however Roger Brown has an excellent site with many good photos - excepting 4th gen 4-runners.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

I have the Hanna Quality sliders and I have to say the "Quality" in Hanna Quality is very apparent. Look at FirstToy’s pics for what they look like – my Runner is even the same color. These things are SOLID and don’t budge at all. They fit perfectly and look like they naturally belong on the truck.

I have XREAS and so have no choice but to go with bolt-on. Hanna’s bolt-on design is simple, clean, and leaves virtually nothing down below the frame to snag on rocks. I won’t post pics of the mounting because I don’t want anyone to steal his design, but I will say that the bolt-on design for the 4th-gen is different than that of the LC design. More elegant and improved, IMHO.

Another thing is the powder coating. Hanna sliders come powder coated (two or three stage, I believe). Do yourself a favor and get your sliders powder coated by a good shop. They’ll look a lot better and you can always touch up the bottom with black paint if it ever happens to get scraped.

If you’re looking for a SOLID slider that will protect your truck, you can’t go wrong with Hanna Quality.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Banned

thanks for keeping this going, guys!