99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs

Does ANYONE make a minimal Sequoia grille guard/light bar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does ANYONE make a minimal Sequoia grille guard/light bar?

I have been havng the hardest time finding anyone who makes a platform for me to mount my PIAA XT 120 watt driving light flamethrowers on my Sequoia. I could mount them to the top of the front bumper in the same way that I did on my 4Runner, but I'm not sure there is metal under the plastic cover. Moreover, when I took the PIAA's off of the 4Runner, the plastic cover suffered some deformation, a blemish I would like to avoid on the Sequoia.

Performance Products sells the Smittybilt Outland Sport,

which is just perfect for my needs since it doesn't have an excess amount of metal. There are no headlight guards, and the center section doesn't rise to the level of the hood. Unfortunately, Smittybilt makes it for the Tundra but not the Sequoia nor do they have plans to supply the Sequoia.

My next choice is the Go Rhino Charger Bull Bar

which is kind of like the Smittybilt, but the salesperson at Summit didn't think it was made for the Tree, either. I'll have to call Go Rhino to verify this.

So, is there anything else out there? The bar I'm looking for has to be short and without the headlight guards and shouldn't rise to the same height as the hood. Also, I'd like to be able to mount the driving lights on the same plane as the headlights since they shouldn't be attached too low. This precludes some of the Westin grille guards.

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 01-07-2004 at 07:06 PM.