99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs

Bedliners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bedliners?

I have an appointment this Saturday with the Line-x guy. I have been getting mixed reviews omn the product. I would like to get a forum started on bedliners or if not a forum at least a small discussion. Any opions on Spray on's, how about drop in's. How do they compare, looks colors. Idea's? Should I keep my appointment with Line-x or should I go a different route. My truck is brand new and this is the first mod I will be making so I dont want to screw up right off the bat.

I have a Lunar Mist Tacoma, any ideas on Colors, should I go Black or get the color match?
Old 04-02-2003, 05:02 PM

All the Line-x jobs I've seen have held up fine but some have had problems, same for Rhino and all the other spray-ins. Drop in liners will remove the paint from your bed and replace it with rust as it rattles around. As for color..... black.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Contributing Member

Post I liked my Rhino

My previous T100 had a Rhino-lining in it. It had seen lots of hard use and held up well. It took a lot to chip the stuff off. It did fade, however they make treatments to prevent that. I like that it protects my bed and form fits to it. As well, nothing ever slid around in the bed.

The drop-in in my new T100 is Toyota OEM. It isn't too bad, but I know that it will wear through the paint and cause rust. Not to mention the moisture that gets trapped.

Rhino is very soft and tensile. Line-x very coarse and abrasive I think. It allows things to slide a little easier than Rhino. However, from my observation it is firmer and more resistant to impact and rub-away.

Just my $0.02

Joel
Old 04-03-2003, 09:31 AM

Line-x is the best! Have the guy show you the trick they do where they rub a piece of line-x against a piece of rhino liner, the rhino liner disintegrates before your eyes. The only damage I have seen to a line-x liner is from a steel beam gouging a piece out, but the stuff has a lifetime warranty I beleive. I love mine and am so happy I recycled the drop in plastic crappy one that came with the truck. I have not seen any colored ones but black looks great with everything, go over the rails too!
Old 04-04-2003, 02:37 PM

You guys all rock! Cause of you I have now become an informed buyer. When I go into the Rhino place I am going to sound smart. Thanks, I will let you all know how it goes.

If you guys are interested in other responses, insight and arguments go check out this same thread in the 4Runners, Trucks and SUV's Forum.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Kookadala
Line-x is the best! Have the guy show you the trick they do where they rub a piece of line-x against a piece of rhino liner, the rhino liner disintegrates before your eyes.
That's because Line-X is so damn corse...I say Rhino, especially if you are going to be transporting wood furniture. Love my Rhino.