Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

YouTube Video: Jardine Exhaust System on my SC'd 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jardine said they will send me a new muffler while I get the old one removed so I can minimize downtime. Only catch? I have to pay for the new muffler up front ($45) until they receive the old muffler and verify it was defective. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?
Old 01-30-2010, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im a little confused, so the exhaust system in the video is discontinued or what and if not, i would like to know if it would sound the same on if my runner wasnt supercharged and whats the fuel economy on it now. i know its going to be different because mine isnt supercharged but i am looking into making my car easer on gas. any help would be good, thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by manicnave
Im a little confused, so the exhaust system in the video is discontinued or what and if not, i would like to know if it would sound the same on if my runner wasnt supercharged and whats the fuel economy on it now. i know its going to be different because mine isnt supercharged but i am looking into making my car easer on gas. any help would be good, thanks
Hey -

That's right, it's discontinued for the 4R. Unfortunately I would no longer recommend the system anyway. Jardine is giving me the run around on it. Do they realize how many people view my dumb video each week? LOL. I just might have to add some annotations to the video at the end noting my troubles. My 4R sounds like a squeaky rattling mess right now. And it's all because of the muffler.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:17 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts
magnaflow that thing! just.. fyi .. the 18" is loud with a 5spd.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by rimpainter.com
Hey -

That's right, it's discontinued for the 4R. Unfortunately I would no longer recommend the system anyway. Jardine is giving me the run around on it. Do they realize how many people view my dumb video each week? LOL. I just might have to add some annotations to the video at the end noting my troubles. My 4R sounds like a squeaky rattling mess right now. And it's all because of the muffler.
Jardine has given me the run a round too. I had several issues with my catback system. First, the muffler sounded like the whole inside blew apart, sometimes even making a whistling sound. Then, the weld on the output pipe came loose. So, I took my rig to the local Exhaust Pros shop and had them weld the tailpipe back in place until I could contact Jardine. Of course, according to Jardine, any modifications (which include welding on their POS mufflers) void the lifetime warranty. Even for obvious safety reasons in my case, they wouldn't warranty the muffler. But, they'd sell me one for $30 (supposedly their cost) and charge me shipping of about $20. Plus, I'd have to get a local shop to install it.

So for the same amount of dough, I just had Exhaust Pros put on a turbo two chamber muffler for $115...including tailpipe and tip. Sounds good and has a real warranty too. The only thing left from the Jardine kit on my rig is the pipe between the cats and muffler. And, I'm just biding my time until that fails too. It's been my experience that their products are just totally crap and for that reason, I wouldn't touch a Jardine product with a 10' pole.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Contributing Member

I was about to go with a Magnaflow off ebay when...

...today I called Jardine (Nick) and gave them one last chance. I told them about my popular video promoting their product, that my 4R now sounds like hell, and that for a measly shipping charge they could take me at my word and send me a new muffler and make a customer happy. After telling Nick that I would take a video of the issue (whistling/rattling), he agreed. Once he receives "proof" then he will send out a new muffler. So that should buy me another 3 years.

Last edited by rimpainter.com; 02-01-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

Still no replacement muffler despite numerous attempts of contacting both Nick and Frank. I must be #1021 on their priority list. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:04 AM

Still no replacement muffler despite numerous attempts of contacting both Nick and Frank. I must be #1021 on their priority list. This is getting ridiculous.
That sucks man. Nick was more than happy to sell me the initial kit. But, on the customer service end of things when I had problems with mine, not so much. If it were me, I'd just take it to the local exhaust shop and have a turbo muffler welded in and be done with it. They sound good and have an actual real warranty. Got mine done for $115 including $40 for a tailpipe, which you probably won't need.

Assuming Nick finally does ship out the muffler, you could eBay it or something. Just my $.02.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

Screw this, I'm not giving up. I keep getting ping-ponged between Nick and Frank. Frank says he'll ship it...I never hear back. I contact Nick, and Nick asks me for muffler dimensions (??). So I send him the dimensions and never get a confirm that it's going to "be shipped to me at N/C."

This has been going on for a couple months now - all for an approx. $25 muffler (their cost). They kicked a hornets nest with me. Now I'm pissed. This is ridiculous.

They need to honor their "lifetime warranty" and that's all there is to it.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

New "warranty" muffler installed! Problem fixed!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:58 AM

New "warranty" muffler installed! Problem fixed!
'Bout dang time! They finally decided to send you one huh? Hopefully, this one will give you better results than the old Jardine muffler you had.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Contributing Member

I track my mpg religiously and I did see a 1 - 2 mpg drop around when I started hearing the squealing rattling sound from the muffler. I'll try to make a note here if I see a change in the next few tanks. It could just be a coincidence but we'll see.