Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

YOTA owners don't acknowledge each other most of the time,what ashame!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your truck has a 4Runner Owners Club sticker?

:confused:
Old 12-05-2004, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Scofco
Your truck has a 4Runner Owners Club sticker?

:confused:
Proud member.
Originally Posted by bain
your like a dog that was raised by a pack of wolves. we look at you as a 4runner in pickup clothing.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

Soccer mom rigs, referring to stock 4Runners.
read what I said and your reply again:

Originally Posted by keisur
I haven't seen too many soccer moms in a rig like mine
I did back in '98.

Last edited by keisur; 12-05-2004 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Contributing Member

I get the thumbs up all the time, when I was driving home tonite, I passed a street built 4Runner and he slowed down to give me the once over and finally a flash with his aftermarket back up lights as he drove away.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Contributing Member

I usually stare and purposely pull up to to check out the rig before i decide to wave.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:14 PM

i use to wave to the locals when they had the same thing i do, but that's when i had my datsun 240z. all the time we use to wave at each other. but now, since i drive a truck, keeps me away from trouble, speeding tickets, and to top it offf stock. so i seen a few mod toy trucks, they dont even stare at me, so its all matter of hving a nice fixed up truck and then you can wave at each other, why wave at soem guy who has a toy truck full of rust?
Old 12-05-2004, 05:40 PM

Its a selective club being a YOTA owner. Seeing a fellow member merits driving the club vehicle deserves a nod or thumbss up!!
Old 12-05-2004, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 12-06-2004, 01:49 AM

I find that alot of PU owners of my vintage won't wave, acknowledge or even look over if they're driving a similar truck. I hate to say it, but most of the 4X4 guys are just pure snobs in my opinion. No wave, nod or anything to the 2wd folks even if it's the exact same model/color but in a 2wd version.

My '88 doesn't look like POS and I take pretty good care of it. I've received lots of compliments on it over the years. Unfortunately, even the fellow 2wd guys don't give me any kind of wave or anything.

One time though, I saw a guy stopped at a light in a ('89-'94) 2wd Toyota PU give me a "OMG, that's a clean PU!" look when I was going through an intersection once. Man, let me tell you that was a great feeling. I wish I could've returned the compliment.

Since most of the 2wd PU's around here like mine are usually ghetto-junkers loaded with lawnmowers in the back driven by Mexican laborers, maybe it's a cultural thing these days. However, even if the truck looks like a junker, I'll still tend to look over.

Yeah, call me crazy! I'll even acknowledge flat-bed dualies of my vintage especially if they're white.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:54 AM
Contributing Member

If I see a truck or runner looking better than mine i just flip them a bird. I useally flip alot of birds.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:18 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by mikedog
I'll even acknowledge flat-bed dualies of my vintage especially if they're white.
The truck or the driver?
Old 12-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member

Sometimes...

I'll give another Yota owner a wave if they look like the type that would know why another guy is waving to them!!! When Im on my Triumph I often get waved at by every biker that passes. I used to wave back but it gets a little old, I mean after 100 miles I get to the boiling point, OK I SEE THAT YOU TO HAVE ONE TOO, GOOD FOR YOU>>>>> is my feeling! I mean come on, enough is enough, some guys go out of their way for that ˟˟˟˟˟, I mean if your hanging a turn on a highway at 80mph with a passenger DONT WAVE AT ME, keep your stupid hands on the bars and pay attention, AAAAAAAAARRRGHGGHGHG. Sorry guys, its Monday.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, with Yota's, you have to think about it like this.

There are two main types of people:

1) People who buy cars for strictly driving
2) People who buy cars for driving and as a hobby.

I see so many 4Runners and Taco's that are just stock. Which is fine, and I admire them than any Dodge or Ford owner. However they just dont really care about what their ride looks like or how it performs. Its just for commuting in their eyes. Thats all they see, and I dont wave or anything, cause they just wouldnt get it.

Then you see the modified Toy P/U's, Taco's and occasional 4runner. Half of these people bought them like that, and have no idea whats going on under their hood. The other half either know whats going on, or just paid someone to do it.

Still, with all the modified Toyotas, I've only gotten a few waves back. Some are just arrogant and dont want to wave...some are just too impersonal or whatever. I only get waves back from other 4runner owners it seems.

It sucks because my roomate and best friend is a Jeep guy. When we go riding in his jeep, I swear we wave or get waved at everytime just going down to the store. I wish the Yota's were like that
Old 12-06-2004, 09:40 AM

There are only a few modded yota's on base, and I dont drive mine a whole lot due to no reverse. But I know what your talking about, I did it all the time with mustang owners when I have my GT
Old 12-06-2004, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People pull into my driveway to talk to me when i have my 4Runner out there...
Old 12-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Contributing Member

They are a dime a dozen here, I would perpetually have my hand raised in a wave.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

I usually have news crews following me around like the papparazzi when I take my rig out on the street, I just blow them off since having a Toyota makes me a celebrity. Every now and then I'll pull over and sign autographs and pose for pics but it's rare since I can't stand being around such underlings.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by keisur
The truck or the driver?
Usually the truck. Haven't had a driver of a flatbed dually my vintage look over yet.

I agree with SC4Runner. Most people who drive the newer trucks are basically using them as transportation. Yeah, some are enthusiasts but a large number of them are not. Most of these people probably don't even want to change their own oil! Anyone can own a newer truck if they can afford the payments.

It's the people who drive the older trucks that I really admire. Especially pre '89 trucks. Whenever I see an older Toyota PU that's all fixed up, I'll look over and give them props if they look. It takes alot more effort to restore and mod an older truck than it is to just go buy a new one with everything on it.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:01 PM

I try to make it a habit to acknowledge yotas that appear to be more than a mall wheeler. (I drive a 76 fj40 and lifted 91 4runner), but recently I gave what I thought to be a good git-er-done gesgure out my window at a SASed 3rd gen. When my yell and affirming fist was met with a shockingly vulgar response I realized my gesgure was one finger short of a good old fashioned flip off. Sorry who ever you are, I just liked your rig!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Contributing Member

HAA I hated that!!!!

Originally Posted by Mudfreak
There are only a few modded yota's on base, and I dont drive mine a whole lot due to no reverse. But I know what your talking about, I did it all the time with mustang owners when I have my GT
Ha that reminds me of my first car, I knocked the reverse out of it by not stopping all the way before mashing the clutch to the floor and poping it in reverse. One day I was going down Rt.9 on my way to Leesburg VA where its still only 2 lanes, I forgot something at a restaurant and went to do a quick U turn, only I forgot that my R was out! I got turned sideways in the middle of the damn highway and couldnt move! luckily a few guys pulled up in a Yota and helped push my Saab, or Scab back, I bought my first Yota right after that! Hehehehehehahahahahheheha

Quick Reply: YOTA owners don't acknowledge each other most of the time,what ashame!