Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

YOTA owners don't acknowledge each other most of the time,what ashame!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 04:19 PM
lee
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres a guy that lives on one of the streets right near me that has a 98 limited, black that look VERY similar to mine.

whenever we see eachother, we wave.

if im at a gas station and i see a yota owner who looks like they love their truck, i definitely mention this board and compliment their ride.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:25 PM

i wave or give a thumbs up when i see a lifted yota...otherwise if i did it to every yota my hand would always be up!
Old 12-04-2004, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by keisur
did you pull over at a "rest" stop with them then?
Well, being a single 21 yr-old I of course had to pursue these two good looking ladies I caught up to them in town at a red-light, rolled the window of the Taco down, and they immediately rolled their window down...giggling too much, and blushing a bit too they asked "Hey want to take us to some clubs tonight?" My deductive reasoning led me to think at the oldest they were 17. Ah well maybe next time I'll get hit-on by some legal ones
Old 12-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by keisur
I haven't seen too many soccer moms in a rig like mine
I did back in '98.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Scofco
I did back in '98.
I didn't know TJM made bumpers like mine for 3rd gens back then, come to think of it, back in '98 I never saw one lifted 3rd gen 4runner.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blkntan
When I used to ride motorcycles, riders on sports don't wave to cruisers or harleys... and visa versa.
dude i wave to harleys and cruisers and they almost always wave back (I ride a 94 Honda CBR600F2)

And yeah i wave to modded yotas
Old 12-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Contributing Member

I wave at the kids in the busses when I pass them. they seem to enjoy that.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:29 PM

Talking

Yah I live out here in WA and when i wave to other Toyota driver is if its a modified truck or 4 runner. I do have some Jeep drivers wave at me.

I do get the occasional "What the hell are you waving at" but yah i think every toyota driver should wave to other toyota drivers, so all you toyota drivers wave at each other. with all 5 fingers!
Old 12-04-2004, 11:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i my stang i get stares constanly i dont notice as much but passengers always mention it. i always get a kick makin funny faces to kids in the cars next to me at lights. or secretly trying to get someones dog to go berserk while sitting at a light
Old 12-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Contributing Member

Soccer mom rigs, referring to stock 4Runners.
Like I said, I acknowledge modifed runners.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:06 AM

honestly every 1 ive seen or met with a worthy yota has been a dick, except the 1 dude who let me drink off his keg, yeah that was cool but anyway i dont aknowledge ne1 ne more.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:52 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Scofco
Soccer mom rigs, referring to stock 4Runners.
Like I said, I acknowledge modifed runners.
:cry: :cry:
Old 12-05-2004, 06:44 AM

I think it would be great. When I had the '74 Rover, and to a lesser degree the old Trooper, we'd wave and honk at each other all the time, and thats something I really miss about driving the 4Runner. I think the root of the problem is that there are so many soccer moms out there driving 4Runners.... they'll never get it, and I'd never expect them too.

Although........ some of the suburban soccer moms out here in Vegas are pretty hot.... seems like they have all day to go to the gym, go tan, get boob jobs..... maybe I should start waving.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by JerseyRunning
Speaking as a 4runner admirer and owner I'm allways surprise to see how most 4runner drivers don't give a thumbs up to a fellow yota enthusiast. Just curious, do you give a wave or thumbs up to a fellow yota owner when stopped at a red light? Maybe most yota owners don't appreciate their vehicles like they should.
I really would be nicer if more YT members were from my area. But most of the Yota owners here really dont know what they have. They just drive it. If I see a modded rig you bet I would wave or something. And if I see a stock yota owner checking my rig out he has made it to my wave list. There are so many guys & gals out there that just hop in and drive not knowing what it is they have. They could be wishing they were driving a Kia Sportage for all I know. Its the ones that are checking out modded toys or have modded toys that know what its all about.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:40 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yotaluver
dude i wave to harleys and cruisers and they almost always wave back (I ride a 94 Honda CBR600F2)

And yeah i wave to modded yotas
Yeah, I wave to harleys and other cruisers too... sometimes they wave back, and sometimes they don't. I guess they just think it's just some stupid kid on a sportbike! oh well... my Gixxer is way better than any harley! hahaha!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by JerseyRunning
Speaking as a 4runner admirer and owner I'm allways surprise to see how most 4runner drivers don't give a thumbs up to a fellow yota enthusiast. Just curious, do you give a wave or thumbs up to a fellow yota owner when stopped at a red light? Maybe most yota owners don't appreciate their vehicles like they should.
"Everybody got mixed feelings about the function and the form..." Neil Peart
Old 12-05-2004, 01:40 PM

I got a wave today. Happens quite often from PU's not that often from runners though.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Contributing Member

Well, how about getting YT stickers put on your rig? Check out this link...

https://www.yotatech.com/~corey/portal/store.htm

Seems like a cool way not only to support the forum, but also shows off to others enthusiasts who may not know about it.

Since it's pretty much obvious now that my rig is modified, I'll see about waving to other mod'ed ones. I think it would be cool. I have had other cars where people are very friendly and wave back in almost every case. Hope to see that with other Yota folks in cool rigs...

And uboatcmndr, check out the back of my rig...(I'm a huge Rush fan...for almost 30 years).

Gonna order me a YT sticker right now...should go well with the YYZ one!

Old 12-05-2004, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by uboatcmndr
"Everybody got mixed feelings about the function and the form..." Neil Peart
RUSH....my favorite
Old 12-05-2004, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by GregStevens
Well, how about getting YT stickers put on your rig? Check out this link...

https://www.yotatech.com/~corey/portal/store.htm

Seems like a cool way not only to support the forum, but also shows off to others enthusiasts who may not know about it.

Since it's pretty much obvious now that my rig is modified, I'll see about waving to other mod'ed ones. I think it would be cool. I have had other cars where people are very friendly and wave back in almost every case. Hope to see that with other Yota folks in cool rigs...

And uboatcmndr, check out the back of my rig...(I'm a huge Rush fan...for almost 30 years).

Gonna order me a YT sticker right now...should go well with the YYZ one!

My rig has a 4roc sticker from turboale

Quick Reply: YOTA owners don't acknowledge each other most of the time,what ashame!