Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

VSC / TRAC defeating - is anyone closer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lee
probably wants a rear locker.
Yea I guess... when I was searching for a 4Runner, my advice I was given was "Make sure it had a locker in it" well mine did... lol just not the rear locker they were talking about.... but that's ok I fixed that problem.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:20 AM
lee
Contributing Member

yea, yours is pretty much the runner i hope to end up with in a few years. im going slow, want to make sure i learn as much as possible, but yours is sort of my blueprint to shoot for!
Old 01-28-2005, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by lee
yea, yours is pretty much the runner i hope to end up with in a few years. im going slow, want to make sure i learn as much as possible, but yours is sort of my blueprint to shoot for!
Youll never learn enough, hell im still learning... slow is good and take advice as a opinion, not word set in stone... Im pretty disappointed at lift kits for these things though, Im pretty sure with all the weight I have on my truck Im not as high as it was when i put the suspension on, so Im kinda stuck... I don't think ill ever be able to afford a SAS, so Im unclear of what to do, I might try to get stiffer beefier springs for my SAWS and Im calling ARB today to see if I can get better shocks or springs for the rear today, I honestly think a 2.5"-2" lift is a good lift for these rigs, hell they are capable stock, and Im not planning on doing any rock crawling.. so i dont need all the clearance... I might MIGHT consider a 1" body lift and 33's... but I think im pretty much done lift wise...
Old 01-28-2005, 07:40 AM
lee
Contributing Member

yea, im planning a 2" lift. was gonna do suspension, but now im leaning toward body (spacers).

but one thing always leads to another, you know? so i want to make sure i have the steps down with full pricing before i pursue it.

one of these days when i gather some cash, ill map out a spreadsheet of my options and pick what works best for me.

thanks for the advice (opinion!).
Old 01-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Contributing Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Easy there fellers!! FOCUS. To hell with lift kits - we need to figure this damned TRAC/VSC issue out.....

It seems like we've made some good progress over the last few days. We know the wiring associated with the TRAC OFF switch, just not where it ends up. We know that if we pull the fluid pressure sensor connector, TRAC, VSC. and ABS will be defeated, and we have a few good wiring diagrams. Maybe we should put a call out to electrical engineering majors?

I was actually driving down the road this morning looking at my dashboard and wondeering where I would want to place the TRAC OFF switch

Andreas
Old 01-28-2005, 07:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by aowRS
You mean like the "Overdrive" switch on the gear shift? If you leave this engaged when you turn the engine off, it will revert back to the normal mode. I agree.

Andreas
Anyone know where we could find such a switch? It probably has some special electronics inside, but Im not sure. I was looking for a switch like that for the DRL's, so I dont forget to turn them back on (cant see if they are on in the daytime,lol)
Old 01-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Contributing Member

Dibble,
I think a dealer will be the only place. Unless you know of a junkyard with late model 4Runners.

Or you could always hit your nearest dealer's used car lot and see about taking a 2WD '01 or '02 out for an investigative spin....

Andreas
Old 01-28-2005, 08:14 AM

Dibble,
I think a dealer will be the only place. Unless you know of a junkyard with late model 4Runners.

Or you could always hit your nearest dealer's used car lot and see about taking a 2WD '01 or '02 out for an investigative spin....

Andreas
BWAHAHA I was thinking that, after days of trying to find one in a junkyard, I said.. well theres always "Test spin" at a dealership lol... I got a blank just need to make sure I find one with a tan interior. lol...

Placement Im thinking of breaking out my dremel tool, most of that area is taken up by my 2 switches for my offroad lights, my compressor switch, and rear locker switch... with 1free space reserved for the front locker switch... so im prolley going to dremel out a square in front of the gear shift, theres ALOT of free space there, or maybe even that useless pocket in front of the 2wd/4wd gear selector, make a plate or something...
Old 01-28-2005, 08:27 AM

Sequoia Trac/VSC

I have a 2004 Toyota Sequoia 4wd limited. I go four wheeling alot and it is a PITA in the mud when i get going on the throttle the abs and trac/vsc kicks in. You can hit the VSC/off button but if you get going to much it will bypass the switch and kick back in. Is there anyway to bypass this? I saw on Car Domain a guy who had a sequoia and he took out the LSD to solve this problem. Is there any other solution ot is that it? Thanks
Old 01-28-2005, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by AdemaDude1960
I have a 2004 Toyota Sequoia 4wd limited. I go four wheeling alot and it is a PITA in the mud when i get going on the throttle the abs and trac/vsc kicks in. You can hit the VSC/off button but if you get going to much it will bypass the switch and kick back in. Is there anyway to bypass this? I saw on Car Domain a guy who had a sequoia and he took out the LSD to solve this problem. Is there any other solution ot is that it? Thanks
We dont have any other info than what you see in this post, but you bring up an interesting problem.... never thought It might "Kick back in"... that undeed is unfortunate if true for us... DAMN YOU FOR MENTIONING IT! j/k.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Contributing Member

What I found the other day is if one pulls the "Pressure Sensor Connector" at the master cylinder, these features will be turned off. While only a temp solution, I know it works. On the '01 and '02 4Runners though.

If you can identify which connector on your Sequoia does the same, you should be in business.

Andreas
Old 01-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Contributing Member

never thought It might "Kick back in"...
Ducky,
During my official snow testing the other day, I had that beast spinning wild donuts in 2WD and 4WD. Mad donuts. And no hint of any beeping.

Made me feel like a teenager again!

Andreas
Old 01-28-2005, 08:36 AM

Ducky,
During my official snow testing the other day, I had that beast spinning wild donuts in 2WD and 4WD. Mad donuts. And no hint of any beeping.

Made me feel like a teenager again!

Andreas

Haha.. Dont bug me i just printed out 620 some pages of the diagnostic manual.. theres a section on VSC lol...
Old 01-28-2005, 08:49 AM

Theres the diagram for those 3 wires I think lol
Old 01-28-2005, 09:00 AM

Theres the Diagram for the 2wd trac off switch
Old 01-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Contributing Member

Yep, that's the pressure sensor connector.

I'll leave you alone...

Andreas
Old 01-28-2005, 09:29 AM

Here's an overall pic of the mod I plan on doing...

Whether it works or not is up to the "gods of 4runner modification"

If not I move to Andreas Idea and mod the pressure sensor wires....

BTW my brain hurts...

Last edited by Ducky; 01-28-2005 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:54 AM

Yep, that's the pressure sensor connector.

I'll leave you alone...

Andreas

I was kidding... I hope you knew that...
Old 01-28-2005, 09:58 AM
lee
Contributing Member

fyi: i think you two are geniuses.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

Of course I knew you were kidding. But since I want to see you succeed, I will leave you alone for awhile.

I should actually attempt to do some work...

Cheers,
Andreas

P.S. PayPal awaits.

Quick Reply: VSC / TRAC defeating - is anyone closer?