Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Toyota Access Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimace
$48,500 CDN plus taxes for a demo V6 LTD. Its got 4000km on it and was registered in early November. what do you guys think?
well, based off this prior post...

Originally Posted by turboale
37k (down from 39) for a 05 4Runner ltd V6 with nav and sunroof
$37,000 USD = $44,500 CAD... a difference of $4,000. and I'm assuming the runner with the nav and the sunroof didn't have 4000 demo kilometres.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Grimace
Guys,

Oscar and I have been in conversation the past month with the Competition Bureau of Canada. They are trying to make a case against Toyota Canada and its regional provincial dealers for its price fixing policies.

They want to hear from anyone who has had poor dealings with Toyota in regards with TOYOTA ACCESS PRICING. This would include those who have purchased and those who are planning to buy a Toyota in the near future.
They really want to put an end this illegal affair.

The individual below would like to here from you.

Eugene Besruky
email: Besruky.Eugene@cb-bc.gc.ca
Criminal Matters Branch
Bureau de la concurrence - 50, rue Victoria Gatineau (Québec) K1A 0C9
Competition Bureau - 50 Victoria Street Gatineau Quebec K1A 0C9
Gouvernement du Canada - Government of Canada
(819) 953-8538
www.cb-bc.gc.ca

Please contact him so that we don't have to be ripped off by TOYOTA any further. If you are shy, you can contact me so I can better direct your questions.

Dave,

When you first posted this, I wrote to that fellow. I explained how I contacted many dealers in the lower mainland and could not get anyone to budge on the access pricing. He never replied. Thought you might want to know how much attention our concerns are really getting.
--
Chris
Old 03-09-2005, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by yabedude
Dave,

When you first posted this, I wrote to that fellow. I explained how I contacted many dealers in the lower mainland and could not get anyone to budge on the access pricing. He never replied. Thought you might want to know how much attention our concerns are really getting.
--
Chris
Really? It may be that its because you bought your runner already. Tango and I have been in contact with him quite regularly. He even phoned me a couple of times. He really wants to shut down and screw up the toyota pricing network. But his hands are tied as how to do it. Toyota acknowleges that it has abandoned its Access policy, but BC dealers have figured they can still milk it at their own discretion now.

I even recieved some hints as to how to find a better deal outside of BC. I'll be happy to pass them on if anyone needs it. He hopes if the word gets out, the dealership network will crumble.

Its funny though, after we posted this here and T4R, I got a call from Toyota Canada that dealers can sell at their own price. From my research the Lower Mainland dealers will never budge. I've been point blank by several dealers (Richmond automall)^$%^$ crooks ------that they will only sell at MSRP. The reason being all the FOBs will pay anything.

If you want to try make a deal, you may have to go into the interior. From this you can only get a measly $500 off. More $#&% BS. This being that these STEALERS are afraid their inventory will be cut off if the big boys in Van find out that they are selling below MSRP. Its pretty sad really for these guys too. These Stealers can't compete with the local domestic dealers for trucks. A logger is going to buy a POS Dodge/Chevy/FORD just because of the dealer incentives. Seriously who would take a semi loaded $60,000 Tundra into the bush, when you can get a fully loaded 1 tonne diesal from either of the big three. Toyota has really shot themsleves in the foot.