Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Think you should know

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i leave holster on my passenger seat IN PLAIN VIEW makes em' think "if the guns not in the holster and he finds me rippin off his stuff i might find out where that gun is!"
Old 07-03-2008, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ coulda; shoulda; woulda...
no try...DO!

same thing to my ex's mazda 3, pulled the seal and stole whatever...put the window inside (no fingerprints)
TWEEKERS SUCK!

gonna have to change your sig now
Old 07-03-2008, 12:45 PM

haha looks like his big balls have gone to his head... or maybe they are in his mouth... anyways.... just get a nice alarm system... most people get scared when the alarm goes off and leave whatever they are stealing.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Did you have a point Mr. Balls, or were you merely trying to be smart?
This is an informative post. I didn't know about the squirrels and rabies. What is this world coming to! Gas prices are out of control, there are terrorists everywhere, and now you can't even trust the squirrels.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Easy way to prevent theives from stealing expensive items from your truck. DONT HAVE EXPENSIVE ITEMS IN YOUR TRUCK.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:40 PM

Yeah never give them a reason to break in, if u have to keep expensive stuff in there like ur sound system cover it up with something, i keep all my tools in the back of my 4runner but i cover them with a fiber tarp and then put my spare over. No break ins yet, slashed tires though
Old 07-04-2008, 05:12 AM
Contributing Member

I notice with people's HUs getting ripped off and in part because they don't remove the removeable faceplate. Theives will ignore faceless HUs.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:26 AM

sorry to hear about your loss you most certainly did not deserve that

I hope your insurance is good, when I read that this occurs at 30 below in Alberta then to me that is a sign the end is near....

Thanks for pointing out the rear quarter passenger windows to us. Not to scare anyone but as noted if they want in they will get in.

The rear side windows for the cargo area? piece of cake to pop them out. Use your imagination -I won't detail here how simple that is to do. Once you have seen one go in it is pretty easy to tell how easy it would be to take them out.

Heck if someone wanted they could just pull your windshield trim and pretend to be doing your windshield...
Old 07-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by DailyDrive
This is an informative post. I didn't know about the squirrels and rabies. What is this world coming to! Gas prices are out of control, there are terrorists everywhere, and now you can't even trust the squirrels.
Oh well thankgod we cleared that up! I was beginning to wonder what would happen if a squirrel bit me!
Old 07-04-2008, 09:54 AM

Get a Viper with a proximity alarm...works good...
Old 07-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

I've often thought of wiring in a combination of blue and whitle strobes along with an auxiallary horn for my factory alarm (just use a relay to trigger it) definitly making a scene if someone wants to steal anything. Of course if they really wanted to then they could rip the cd player and cb radio unit out, but I could definitely use better cb radio and cd player.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
another thing not to do is too advertise what you got. Get rid of those stickers that advertise your system and keep it turned down while cruising a neighborhood.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by WolfT
I was looking at another thread and that unlucky guy had his whole back window smashed out then robbed.

I think that other guy you are talking about would be me, i had that happen to me last year, REALLY sucked.

I am still finding things all the time that i am having to rebuy because they stole my toolbox. THAT hurt, they could of had the sub and amp.

Just today actually i got around to replacing my jumper cables.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:24 AM

Yeah man, sorry to hear about tools stolen. I had two tool boxes stolen coming back from a job several years ago. I had a Z71 lifted and the boxes were under a landscaping tarp. You had to climb up onto the rear bumper or onto a tire to see into the bed as at 6'1" even I was unable to easily see into the bed of truck. I stopped to run into get a drink, was gone for no more than 5 minutes, came out and noticed the tarp hanging over the side...that was years of tools buying gone in a flash. I was much more pissed off about that than some factory stereo stuff that while not cheap, still isn't quite like having tools stolen. Years later and I've probably only replaced about half of what I orginally had. They've increased the patrols here where I live but someone else just had thier car broken into. Just glad I'm moving in two weeks, hopefully to somewhere with less thieves/druggies/pricks.