Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Thank You Everybody!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Thank You Everybody!!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that take time to seriously answer questions and providing pics and details of things you've tried around here. I may be new to this forum but I've spent alot of time on other forums when I've owned previous vehicles, and I can honestly say that that this one rocks!!!! It's not a giant pissing contest around here like at some other boards.

I have just finished paying off all my current mods, lift, wheels, tires, brushguard, stereo, yakima rack ...... the list goes on, and I found myself debating whether or not to sell my rig for something else. (Lower Miles) However, in the past week alone I have probably spent over 10 hours searching through old posts on this sight, and it has greatly renewed interest for my yota.

I'm so excited, there are soooooo many more toys left to buy for it, and so little time! (This time around though I'll pay cash for everything.)

I'm thinking next on my list: 4.88's, lockers, some cool gauges, and OF COURSE saving my pennies to do a 3.4L swap. dont' let us down "Off Road Solutions".

Thanks again guys, I look forward to working with you in the future.

Last edited by yoda-g2; 02-09-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:47 PM

Welcome to the board! You'll find everything you need to know about 4Runners on this site, without a doubt in my mind! Glad to have you here!

Chris
Old 02-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Away

Welcome to the boards! Glad to have you.

Enjoy!
Dr. Z
Old 02-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

Welcome to YotaTech Yoda.
I am glad you found us and like the content here.

We strive to make this one of the best places to share info on Toyota trucks & SUVs.

That is great how you spent some time looking at old posts also, as there is quite a bit of info now here in the databanks

Do you have any pics of your '91?
I am glad you have a renewed interest in your Toyota too.
They just get sweeter and sweeter with age.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

Corey,

I don't have my nice rims on yet, still got the winter ones on,
I get so freakin impatient every spring, but I've learned the hard way that the "ice melt" crap they put on the roads will eat your wheels alive. But I'll probably take some pics this week, and post new ones when I put them on later.

What res should I use for the pics? I don't want to eat up your bandwidth.

Last edited by yoda-g2; 02-09-2003 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Posting pics here doesn't eat up any bandwidth if they are on another server.

If you don't have webspace, a popular service to use is www.montypics.com
That will let you put your pics right into the posts.

If you post pics to show up in a post, we like them to be between 640x480 and 800x600.
Anything bigger and we have to scroll our screens back and forth.

Also the pics should be not much bigger than 60 kb each.
A little over is OK, doesn't phase me being on cable, but some are still on dialups.

If you have higher res pics like a 1024x780, just put the URL in the post then we can click it open it up in a new window and it won't fubar the post up.

You can also do a pic here as an attachment, but they have to be no bigger than 50kb in size, and you can't view them inline, they open up separately.

Hey, how far are you from the Bowl & Pitcher park?
I use to go to Spokane all the time several years ago as the X's parents lived there.
They are now in Colville.

I know all about the big snows you guy's get on the other half of the state.
Just wish we'd get some snow here like that once in awhile.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:44 PM

love your choice of speakers ... i run the focal polykevlar 6K myself and have been looking for an excuse to upgrade

this forum is great except for all the money it causes you to spend on mods
Old 02-09-2003, 07:45 PM
Contributing Member

Talking

ya im gonna have to agree with you yoda, this was my first day of being a member of yotatech and i posted a topic and people didnt hesitate to jump in and give me some advice

PS- i hope u do keep ur yota for a long time cuz i know i will, couldnt be happier with it
Old 02-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

corey

I'm about 10 minutes from bowl + pitcher, the ORV by there isn't bad for playing around and riding, but it gets old after a while. Pretty nice area though. As far as snow goes, you're right, except for this year, what a load of crap!!! I love playing in the snow. I'll try to get some pics soon.

By the way luv your runner, its given me a few ideas, kind of wish I would've gone for the ARB instead of the ˟˟˟˟ty. How much did you spend on your sliderz? Or I was thinking of buying some ˟˟˟˟tybilt nerfs, (Easy to bolt on, I always feel bad barrowing my buddies welder) you don't happen to know where I can get them for cheaper than $180 do you?

trangk

The poly k's are pretty sweet too I almost bought them, I've had a\d\s and Diamonds but hands down the Utopias are the BEST I've ever heard, definitely worth the upgrade if you ever get the chance.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I to am thinking about the Focal speakers sometime.

The sliderz I had fabbed up locally, and they were about $380 and that included the installation to have them welded on.
If you had the guy build you a set, they would run around $300 or so if you put them on yourself.

If you look at my write-up on them, you will see that they are welded on, but they are also unboltable for maintenance, best of both worlds.

I do have a pair of Smittybilts here also that are in the 4sale section here.
Only problem is I have not been able to track down a box to ship them in.

Here is a pic from two springs ago before I got the ARB up front, and before I got the sliderz.
http://www.pnw4runners.net/pics&vids/bos5.jpg
The Smitts have the plastic insteps on them.

Thanks for the comps on my rig.