Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Split second FTC1??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So all that is pretty much is a like a gas gauge except for the meth. Tells you when your getin low right??
Old 08-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dmiller_time
So all that is pretty much is a like a gas gauge except for the meth. Tells you when your getin low right??
Yeah, basically. It is either on or off, does show you the level but it will tell you when you are out (i like it to come on when i have about 1/2 a gallon left) so you know to refill when you get home.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:48 PM

where does the boost tubing from the cmgs run to. Im pretty sure its a vaccum line on the sc but where?? I got the black sc. Do I need to get a T fitting that goes from the valve on the top right side of the sc and tie it in there??
Old 08-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Contributing Member

where does the boost tubing from the cmgs run to. Im pretty sure its a vaccum line on the sc but where?? I got the black sc. Do I need to get a T fitting that goes from the valve on the top right side of the sc and tie it in there??
Do you have a boost gauge? If so it goes to the same place.

If not then there is a boost port on the supercharger, i am not sure where it is on the black one but it will tell you in the manual for it.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:55 PM

nope no boost gauge. And I have read the manual backwards and forwards and still cant find it. Ill check the sc again and see if I can find something to match the hose
Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Contributing Member

nope no boost gauge. And I have read the manual backwards and forwards and still cant find it. Ill check the sc again and see if I can find something to match the hose
There should be a vacuum diagram for the SC, usually near the back of the manual. On the gray SC this port is on the back side of the plenum near the TB.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 PM

was your intake boot where you mounted the injector rubbery?? Kinda weary of trustin it there. Is there anywhere else to put it. I used a 1/8 npt to tap it with.
can I put the ijector on the inside and just thread it through backwards then put the lil conector on??
Old 08-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

was your intake boot where you mounted the injector rubbery?? Kinda weary of trustin it there. Is there anywhere else to put it. I used a 1/8 npt to tap it with.
can I put the ijector on the inside and just thread it through backwards then put the lil conector on??
I had my injector in the intake silencer at first. The hard plastic piece but then later moved it to the 7th injector port with an adapter plate i made out of some sheet metal.

Tapping it into the silencer is a lot easier though.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:17 PM

Are you talkin bout the hard plastic lil box closest to the throtle body on the back side of the intake boot??
Old 08-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

Did you watch the video I posted earlier? It shows where i had it mounted on mine there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYBOlsLTZQ8&
Old 08-31-2011, 05:34 PM

Yeah watched it like 8 or 9 times. Mine is in the same place as yours is in the video but, my whole intake boot is rubber except for two boxes that come off the side of it that are hard plastic. Not sure if I need to place it in either one of them. Ill try it threading it through the inside and pullin it tight to the conector. Im done for tonight though. Thanks for all the help man!!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Contributing Member

Do you have an intake silencer like mine? The whole thing should be hard plastic. I just mounted it to the top of it so it goes directly into the air stream.

The boxes on the side of it won't get it into the air stream.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:21 AM

I dont think I have an intake silencer. The whole boot is rubber except for the lil box that another line hooks to up near the TB and at the air box. Ill prolly just cut out part of the rubber boot and make a metal spacer to replace it.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:41 AM

Cahnge of heart. Im just gonna put it where the 7th injector goes right after the TB. There is already a plaate there that I could use and all I would havbe to do is tap into it.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

Cahnge of heart. Im just gonna put it where the 7th injector goes right after the TB. There is already a plaate there that I could use and all I would havbe to do is tap into it.
Yeah, thats what i did and it works fine, just got to make sure you put the hole in the right place. It is technically the better place as well.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:43 AM

Got it hooked up except for the wideband, I have to get someone to weld the bunge into place cause I dont have a mig welder capable of doing it properly.

I can only get it to read boost on the cmgs. I know its not gonna read flow because I dont have a flow sensor but it should still read volts shouldnt it?? I changed it in the configurations but it just stays at 00.0 all the way through the rpm range. configuring it to initiate on volts would get it to spray befor boost right?? If I can get it to pick up volts. It has to be gettin volts to it in order to spray but why wont the cmgs read them??

I have read and looked at the instructions a 1000 times and been playin with it since 8 this mornin and cant figure it out. I didnt want to have to ask you but here ya go.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Contributing Member

Got it hooked up except for the wideband, I have to get someone to weld the bunge into place cause I dont have a mig welder capable of doing it properly.

I can only get it to read boost on the cmgs. I know its not gonna read flow because I dont have a flow sensor but it should still read volts shouldnt it?? I changed it in the configurations but it just stays at 00.0 all the way through the rpm range. configuring it to initiate on volts would get it to spray befor boost right?? If I can get it to pick up volts. It has to be gettin volts to it in order to spray but why wont the cmgs read them??

I have read and looked at the instructions a 1000 times and been playin with it since 8 this mornin and cant figure it out. I didnt want to have to ask you but here ya go.
Well it will only read voltage if you hook up the voltage input wire to a 0-5v voltage source (such as a map sensor or the MAF).

Did you end up getting the smart controller? What is the voltage wire connected to? Does the system work on boost mode? Thats what i would use for now.

Tried backprobing the voltage input wire to make sure you have voltage on it?
Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 PM

No I do not have the smart controler, and there is only 4 wires hooked p from the cmgs, the 2 to the pump 1 to the ground and 1 to the 12v ignition. And yea it works on boost mode.

So I need to find the wire that puts out 5 volts to the maf and run it to that to get my volt readings. I kinda wish now I would have got the smart controler now.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Contributing Member

No I do not have the smart controler, and there is only 4 wires hooked p from the cmgs, the 2 to the pump 1 to the ground and 1 to the 12v ignition. And yea it works on boost mode.

So I need to find the wire that puts out 5 volts to the maf and run it to that to get my volt readings. I kinda wish now I would have got the smart controler now.
Try it in boost mode first, i ran my truck like this for a long time with great results.

After that, yes you will need to use the 5v input and connect it up to the MAF sensor 0-5v output wire to get a signal. You can then play around with pure voltage injection or a combo of boost/voltage, which i think will be the better bet.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:02 PM

is it normal for it to surge when its just starting to boost?? It does it when i try and hold it just at 1 psi of boost in a higher gear. Im thinking it just does it cause its getting boost then it backs off and I give it more gas so maybe the pump is cuttin on and off. It dont do it when I lay in it. Also can you here your pump?? When I have it in gear and it starts to boost i hear like a "chh chh chh chh chh" something like that. Almost like there is a leak and its spraying aginst the firewall but, when it is in park and I boost it I dont here it, just when in gear under a load and I cant find a leak. Maybe im just being paranoid about it.

Quick Reply: Split second FTC1??