Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

So I ordered my Supercharger...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey nags...

Ellensburg is a couple of hours over the mountains from me, but it's on the "right" side of the mountains for some other folks here.

If the seller is really there, then you might wanna drop a line to BigBadBlue. He's about an hour away, but I don't think there's a mountain in-between him and the "seller".

Old 06-10-2004, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heh.. I'll let ya know.

When I call the phone number they have stored with ebay I get the voice mail of what sounds like 3 younger girls. And the ebay account is in the name of Shannon something or other who is one of the names on the machine. I've called from several different phone numbers at different times of the day with no answer.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by nags
heh.. I'll let ya know.

When I call the phone number they have stored with ebay I get the voice mail of what sounds like 3 younger girls. And the ebay account is in the name of Shannon something or other who is one of the names on the machine. I've called from several different phone numbers at different times of the day with no answer.

Can or do you block your number? Try blocking it if you didn't. *67 then ther number I am guessing. Or try calling from a cell phone, just in case they have caller i.d. If they do, Calling from different numbers might not help if they use the same area code. Try the cell though, they can hardly be traced by regular people. I can get numbers from sites like ANYWHO.com. There are others out there that are better, but that sticks in my mind the best since it is the directory I first used.
Good luck
Old 06-10-2004, 02:56 PM

First thing I did was try *67 but I get a msg saying caller doesnt accept blocked calls. I called from several different area codes and I tried using ATT's relay call which would show up as a 888 number...nothing
Old 06-10-2004, 02:58 PM

This may help:

http://www.usacops.com/wa/p98926/

Given that $1600 is more than petty theft, the locals should be able to do a drive-by for you.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Contributing Member

First thing I did was try *67 but I get a msg saying caller doesnt accept blocked calls. I called from several different area codes and I tried using ATT's relay call which would show up as a 888 number...nothing

Post the number :0)
Old 06-10-2004, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by midiwall
This may help:

http://www.usacops.com/wa/p98926/

Given that $1600 is more than petty theft, the locals should be able to do a drive-by for you.

thanks... I'll try that in a day or so

I'll post the number in a few days for other people to try.. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt right now that maybe they are out of town
Old 06-10-2004, 06:32 PM

I just used the relay service again to call the phone number and someone answered this time. Guess I'll try calling tommorow at this time
Old 06-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

I just used the relay service again to call the phone number and someone answered this time. Guess I'll try calling tommorow at this time
so what did they say?
Old 06-10-2004, 06:40 PM

you should win with the credit card company...especially if you dont get the product...someone charged 1k plus on my discover and i didn't pay because they saw that nothing was shipped to my house or anything..but that was with legit vendors...i dont use ebay because it's a "legal" street vendor...
Old 06-10-2004, 06:40 PM

I used the relay service to call so I couldn't actually speak to them. I was just using that because I thought they were ignoring my area code. I'll give them a call tommorow at this time from my cell and see what they have to say
Old 06-10-2004, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by CLin9383
you should win with the credit card company...especially if you dont get the product...someone charged 1k plus on my discover and i didn't pay because they saw that nothing was shipped to my house or anything..but that was with legit vendors...i dont use ebay because it's a "legal" street vendor...
Thats what I was hoping for, but read this;

http://www.paypalsucks.com/credit-card-waiver.shtml

Kinda worries me a tad
Old 06-10-2004, 06:52 PM

Thats what I was hoping for, but read this;

http://www.paypalsucks.com/credit-card-waiver.shtml

Kinda worries me a tad
well if you filed within 30 days it sounds like you are ok...but still nothing is guaranteed. hopefully things will work out for you. good luck
Old 06-10-2004, 06:55 PM

Even on top of that.. Paypal only covers up to $500

Ideal case would be paypal covers the 500 and credit card gives me the full amount back
Old 06-10-2004, 11:38 PM

Just recieved this

hi,
I just got your email's. I have been out of town on family issues. I
apologize for this. I will have it shipped first thing in the morning. sorry
again. thanks

shannon

Last edited by nags; 06-10-2004 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:28 AM
Contributing Member

I hope they actually ship it to you!
Old 06-11-2004, 05:44 AM

Finger's are crossed!
Old 06-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Contributing Member

Thumbs down

nags,
I hope you get your sc in the mail and everything works with it.
Hopefully other people will see your post/hassles and learn from it.

I got bit by the ebay bug last year - and I had held out for so long!!
I couldn't get enough of it. Bidding on everything, dirt cheap.
It was exciting. My first couple transactions were great. I bought some cool stuff, sold some old crap. One day I got a price too good to be true. I did the last minute bid hijacking becasue everyone was doing it to me.
No emails after "winning" the auction from the seller. (I love how they call buying junk "winning" something). I waited a week. Nothing. I called, nothing.
Eventually the sellers acount was froze and put under investigation by other people. The sellers Paypal account was also then suspended. This was after my money was transferred to him/her of course. I started emailing ebay, paypal, etc. There s no easy way to phone call. All I got was canned email replys telling me to go to a FAQ.

I found out there really is no "safety" with either Ebay or Paypoop. NONE!

Now maybe Ebay is okay if you only buy from sellers with extremely good reputations. Like over 1,000. But who would buy from me as I have only 10 transactions? So I can only buy and not sell? :cry: I also dislike eBay because friends bid each others stuff up in price. People at my work do it for each other all the time. "Hey Bob, can you check my current auctions and up me?"

That's all fun and games but PAYPAL really does SUCK! There is basically no recourse. You are protected up to $200 in the old days or I guess $500 now. But PAYPAL always takes their cut. For what? Doing nothing. They told me I could get $200 of my $300 back, after a couple months, but there was a $75 fee....So I spent $300 and now I get refunded $125 when something goes afoul?

WTF? WHAT A SCAM!!

They couldn't do a worse job if they wanted to.
Now I know why Amazon "holds" your funds before depositing them.

I had a happy ending though. My seller did the same family emergency/I was sick/and my dog died excuses. She said she was using a girl that wasn't working out. I told the seller that that's all understandable, but they should have contacted me or not be selling stuff on eBay until it's working. She said she was having problems but would overnight it to me (after weeks of hassle) at her expense to make it up. When I reaccounted the whole truthful story and gave her negative feedback, she had the nerve to get pissed!!
:pat:

Needless to say, I lost my Ebay bug. Whew, I'm cured!! Lesson learned.

Last edited by jgs9455; 06-11-2004 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:26 AM

Yea, thanks everyone for the hlep.

jgs, it wasn't really an ebay "bug" that got me to buy it. Since 98 I've been buying and selling and running a buisness on ebay. I use it for everything and have yet to have a problem.. Hopefully I continue this way
Old 06-11-2004, 08:31 AM

Yea, thanks everyone for the hlep.

jgs, it wasn't really an ebay "bug" that got me to buy it. Since 98 I've been buying and selling and running a buisness on ebay. I use it for everything and have yet to have a problem.. Hopefully I continue this way
With a hefty price tag of a S/C, email him or her back and request a tracking number so you have proof that the S/C was shipped, plus you can track it and find out the ETA

Quick Reply: So I ordered my Supercharger...