Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Slider group buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good! I will post a message when they are installed. (Hopefully Friday!)

Dan
Old 06-01-2003, 10:19 PM

Yup they'll be with "brown" tomorrow , and really I think your only two days out. You'll like them for sure- I origanally thought uh I dont think those will be that nice looking but I have changed my mind!
Time to sleep-
Richard
Old 06-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Contributing Member

you had doubts? No way dude.

If I don't like em, you will see them on ebay next week. "Dan's CUSTOM one-of-a-kind sliders... only $400"

hahahaha

Dan
Old 06-04-2003, 08:46 AM

All of the group buy Sliders were finished as of yesterday! All have been paid for & shipped out as of this morning 6/4/03.
Thanks to Mark for setting this up , and thanks to all of the rest of the group buy folks for supporting us!!!
Look for something cool such as a raffle of somesort on the board soon.
Hope you all are very happy with the products.
Take care,
Richard Stubbs
Old 06-04-2003, 09:51 AM
Contributing Member

Richard - Thanks for the deal. Will be putting the sliders on shortly.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:26 AM

Martin no problem - Have you found an installer? I seem to know absolutely no one who knows a good shop there
I though my connections were better than this!
Old 06-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Contributing Member

I found a friend that may be able to do it. I'm going to give it a try with him and see how well it turns out. If we can't do the job to my satisfaction, I will grind it off and bring it in to a local shop (not sure where yet).

Thanks for checking.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Contributing Member

man!. i just found this thread..i take its too late to get some?
Old 06-04-2003, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by doink
man!. i just found this thread..i take its too late to get some?

email me stubbswelding@yahoo.com
Old 06-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Contributing Member

Richard,

My sliders came today! They look awesome! Thanks again for taking care of my modifications.

I will have them painted tomorrow (rattle can, baby!) and they will be installed on Friday I hope.

I'll post before and after pics. I did get to hold them up to the frame and they look SWEET. They stick out exactly how far I wanted them to.

Dan
Old 06-05-2003, 01:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by asudan96Runner

I will have them painted tomorrow (rattle can, baby!) and they will be installed on Friday I hope.
Me too!
I don't know when I'll have time to paint mine but I'm actually coating mine with truck bed liner so I can have some texture but not the gritty sandpaper type.

Hopefully everything goes well.
*sigh* still need to find a welder though...:cry:
Old 06-05-2003, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

Hey TacomaDude - I'll be putting them on myself in a couple of weeks with a friend. If all turns out well, you can drive up on a weekend and do it too.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Contributing Member

Cool!
You planning on going somewhere or is this a DIY thing?
Let me know!
Old 06-05-2003, 09:47 AM

Originally posted by Tacoma Dude
Me too!
I don't know when I'll have time to paint mine but I'm actually coating mine with truck bed liner so I can have some texture but not the gritty sandpaper type.

Hopefully everything goes well.
*sigh* still need to find a welder though...:cry:
Careful with the bedliner stuff- someone here locally used the spray stuff you find at Walmart , and although it looks awesome it chips & peels badly. So bad in fact that we might cut them off to strip it all down to repaint it! If someone had access to someone who could spray the good stuff that would probably work very well.
I am also glad to see you guys coming together , and trying to install them yourself- this is exactly why I made the installation manual somewhat step by step. Dont think you cant do it yourself welding is not difficult (if some else can do it so can you).
If you plan on staying in this wheeling game for any length of time it would be a very good idea to learn some welding skills, and even purchase your own machine. Right now the absolute best deal on the market that I have found is (and this always changes) the Lincoln SP135t which can be had for $410 no tax free shipping. This is a ten year purchase that will pay for itself many times over trust me (10 years=120 months /410=$3.41 a month , and more than likely it will last longer than ten years plus it will always sell for $250ish very used! I personally used big expensive machines but I always have one of these 115v household voltage machines around- I usally buy a new one every year.
Also remember that I will help you as much as I can if you decide to install these yourself.
Richard
Attached Thumbnails Slider group buy!!!-i-1_b_l.jpg  
Old 06-05-2003, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

I just wanted to share some pictures of my sliders. They aren't on yet... but I did get them painted.

Unpainted - As they arrived.

First coat of paint is on. I'm going to do one more coat I think. They look great!

A little message from Richard. THANKS BUDDY!

Dan
Old 06-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

DIY. I'm doing mine in a couple of weeks. I have to install my suspension lift first and replace upper and lower ball joints.
I figure:
Ball joints this weekend
suspension next
then hopefully the sliders at the end of the month or begining of next month.

If the install goes well and if you can wait you are welcome to drive up next month and install.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:48 PM
Contributing Member

Actually, I was thinking about doing a lift first too...

I'm not sure exactly what/how I want to do and am planning on calling up Mike for some details. Let me know when you plan on doing your sliders and I'll check out my schedule.
Thanks Zamboni!

Richard:
Thanks for the info on the bedliner stuff. Now that I think of it I may paint first and then spray on the bedliner stuff afterwards. Yeah, I know its not the best way to keep the liner on.
Also, thanks for the info on the welding tools. I'm going to look into some classes when I get the chance

Dan:
Those look REALLY nice
Old 06-06-2003, 05:10 PM
Contributing Member

They are on!! They look awesome!

I had a hell of a time finding someone to put them on. I put them in my runner and went over to 4-Wheel Supply. They wanted $120-$150 to INSTALL them, and said it wouldn't be done for almost 2 weeks.

That pissed me off. So I looked in the phone book, and found a welder that did an AWESOME job for $65, with 30 min notice. The place was Arizona Frame and Fabrication in Mesa. Great guys. The owner/welder used to build rock crawlers and even had a truck in the world-of-wheels a few years ago. He was a huge toyota buff and said I could send anyone his way. They don't usually do this kind of work, but he said they wouldn't mind helping us out here in AZ.

So here they are. They fit perfect, look awesome, and are above and beyond what I expected.

Thanks again Richard. You rock. The welder who put them on also said that you did an amazing job lining everything up and that your welds looked very very good He had been doing this stuff for over 20 years and was impressed by your work. (as am I)

Some larger pictures can be seen here:
My website - Sliders Section

Dan

Last edited by asudan96Runner; 06-06-2003 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:06 PM

asudan96runner,

Those sliders look great on your rig. Awesome mod!!! I wish I could have them too next month and I have to send e-mail to Richard to get the same price you had.

Can you post some more pictures like sideview, the top, bottom, rear and front , so I can see how far they stick out.

Thanks Dan!

Noel
Old 06-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Contributing Member

Lookin' good Dan!

Quick Reply: Slider group buy!!!