Old 07-31-2002, 07:56 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Mohamed, I had you in mind when I was thinking of Tundras
Corey
Old 07-31-2002, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Corey thanks for the new forum. I was just going to post here that I would use the forum and that you make it a Sequoia and Tundra forum to start. Thanks again.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:24 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

No problemos Duck. I hope some more see it and post in there.
Corey
Old 07-31-2002, 04:28 PM

David thanks for the info. Sounds like you got some good deals on those mods. I will rethink the front tint. I am still adjusting to driving a bigger vehicle. I can't see around it like I could with the much smaller Honda's that I have owned. Even the 4runner I had for a little while I could see others cars etc. good. On the bug deflector is it the same color as the OEM one and also do you know of any place that might have pictures of both. Also do have any problems with how your deflector is mounted. I know some people at tundrasolutions said their's might hurt the paint or when they drove on the highway the deflector would kinda bounce up against the hood.a
Thanks
Old 07-31-2002, 04:59 PM

If I do this right, THIS should be a pic of the Form Fit deflector, which I have, on a Tundra.

THIS should be a pic of an OEM, again, on a Tundra.

They're the same color.

Finding pictures of Sequoias isn't an easy thing to do and I haven't taken pictures of my own yet to share. I have a white one and, IMO, the Form Fit looks pretty darn good on it and much better than the OEM. I had no problems mounting it myself and have had no probs with the shield in the two months it's been on my truck. I installed the 5 bubbles on the tip of the hood to keep the shield from hitting the truck at speed. I know some people are hesitant to stick the bubbles on but I figure whatever damage they MAY do can't be any worse than what the bugs and rocks WILL do. At least the damage will be hidden by the shield and I can always touch up the spots at some point. That is, IF any damage is done.

I agree w/your decision to rethink the front window tint. I've considered getting vent visors and I like the dark tinted ones best. However, after my experience w/the tinted windows, I'm not too anxious in putting yet another dark something in my line of vision. Plus, I see no real benefit in having vent visors anyway. To me, they're just for looks. In Houston, we don't crack our windows to allow air to circulate. We use AIR CONDITIONING!!!
Old 07-31-2002, 05:10 PM

Duck, HERE'S a better picture of a Form Fit.

BTW, it appears you have to be logged into tundrasolutions in another window in order for the links in my two messages to work get you to the pictures.

Good luck.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:20 PM

Cool

Moved to Sequoias and Tundras forum... j/k...congrats to you guys on getting your piece of the pie here. Over here, I see lots of Runner owners driving with their bloody windows down. It's so damn hot, I don't get it. I agree on the vent visors...I don't need no steenken' visors. My AC is runnin' full blast everytime I drive, can't live without it!
On another note, I was eating lunch with my wife yesterday at our favorite Vietnamese joint, and I saw a lady trying real hard to reverse her Suburban out of her stall. She was in tight 'cause of a delivery van and a utility pole. She folded her mirrors in, and was kinda freaking out goin' back and forth. Being the gentelman I am, I told my wife, I'll help guide her out. I get behind and yell, "I'll guide you back."...she said, just move your van!. I guess my work shirt made me look like I drive a van...I guess. I told her it's not mine, but I can help. She jumped out and said," Oh thank you, can you please back it up for me?" Uhhh, OK. She was happy, I did my good deed and another 'little lady' drives off in her behemouth...
butnut
Old 07-31-2002, 07:11 PM

That's hilarious, butnut! You should've told her to you don't drive no steenkin van and then invite her to take a look at that cool ride 'o yours...

BTW, how do I get to 39 - 63 smilies??
Old 07-31-2002, 11:26 PM

Originally posted by general sherman

BTW, how do I get to 39 - 63 smilies??
Thanks General...just click where it says [Get More] and another window will pop open...have fun.
butnut
Old 08-01-2002, 05:35 PM
Contributing Member

that's funny butnut...you had me crackin' on that one!
Old 08-01-2002, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by butnut

Thanks General...just click where it says [Get More] and another window will pop open...have fun.
butnut
I've clicked "get more" and nothing happens does it take 7 or 8 minutes to open?? i have a dsl connection and i finally just say screw it and click "back"...
Old 08-01-2002, 07:55 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Are you running any kind of pop-up add window software?
The page should pop up in 1 second.
If so, it won't pop up.
It's also a JAVA based window, so you have to have JAVA enabled in order for it to pop up.

One way to also tell if you are not enabled is to look at this page
here.

If my little pics won't pop open a new window for you, you have popper blocking software enabled, or JAVA turned off.
Corey
Old 08-02-2002, 05:36 AM

thx corey. not sure what the problem was, but your lil pix popped up in about a second from the link with no problem. i tried the "get more" link again and it popped up too.

too weird. oh well, looks like you merely suggesting a fix worked! you're a god!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 05:40 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

He he he he...Glad it's working.
That was the Vulcan mind meld, or was it the Jedi mind trick I used on your PC

Just glad it's working. Must have been a fluke with the server here not letting that particular page open up at the time.
Corey