Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Ready for the Dynomax/Monza install this Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 05:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ready for the Dynomax/Monza install this Saturday

Yeah, yeah, I know, yet another Dynomax/Monza install!

Thanks to all those before me who recommended this combination. I sure hope it sounds as good as you all say.

I ordered the parts from Summit Racing. They are great and their customer service is top notch.

I opened the boxes today. To my dismay (its really not a big deal), the Monza tip's product quality doesn't look so hot. By product quality I mean its really a pipe w/ a chrome tip welded onto it. Most of it is gonna get cut off anyways, but just thought you guys might want to know. Furthermore, the paint job is laughable. Check out the link below (might take some time to load---3 pics):

Monza Pics

I'm sure it probably sounds good, but I had to laugh when I started to peel off the yellow sticker and the label. Absolutely hilarious!

I'll let you know what I think after Saturday.

Bob
Old 07-31-2002, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waaasaap Bob! Long time man. I had a Monza tip on my Datsun. Maybe quality was better back then. Does it still have that Ferrari looking sticker on it? That tape-n-paint is kinda funny. Hopefully the sound will be more impressive for ya. Any exhaust mod is sure to bring a smile to your face. Good to hear from you. I sent you an email earlier...how's that for esp? Take it easy and let us know what you think of the new flow...
butnut
Old 07-31-2002, 05:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yo Brian!

You know, I got so used to going to ODW that I forgot about Yotatech! It was like a morning ritual: check email, click on ODW icon, read posts, check CNN, LATimes, etc. Sorry, Corey!

Looks like you guys have really created a good community over here. I'll make sure I post here as well.

Yeah, it came with the sticker but you have to affix it yourself! I guess that's one less person on the production line! And yes, I'm sure the tip will make the exhaust sound better as everyone has said so far. It's just too funny to peel off paint like that.

Bob
Old 07-31-2002, 05:59 PM

Hey Bob, I am sure that you will love your exhaust, as have so many of us here! I have one and love it so much! I do not have a tip, so I don't know what that sounds like, but I am sure that it will sound awesome! Goodluck and let us know what you think! :fireman:
Old 07-31-2002, 06:23 PM

Re: Ready for the Dynomax/Monza install this Saturday

Originally posted by bob_99SR5

I opened the boxes today. To my dismay (its really not a big deal), the Monza tip's product quality doesn't look so hot. By product quality I mean its really a pipe w/ a chrome tip welded onto it. Most of it is gonna get cut off anyways, but just thought you guys might want to know. Furthermore, the paint job is laughable.
Bob
Yup. Mine, too! You might as well take the yellow paint out of that thing while it's off the truck and either leave it bare or paint it whatever color you like.

I removed the yellow today and painted the inside of the tip black. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Maybe a good repaint with a heat resistant yellow would hold up, if that's you prefer, but I'm sure the paint that comes on it won't last.

Let us know what you decide.

BTW, I figure the sticker came separate because they don't know how the tip will be rotated when installed.

Last edited by ckonarske; 07-31-2002 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:33 PM

Hey Bob.
Cool that you getting the Dynomax and Monza tip.. Man I sure wish I could get one this weekend too... They wouldn't happen to have messed up and send you 2 of each would they????? That sure would be cool.... j/k... See you Sat... Can't wait to get that exhaust .... Maybe this time I'll have time to let you go for a ride w/the SC.... I have to warn you though.. after you drive the SC you might have to try and sneak it pass the Comander in chief...

See you Saturday bro...

Dave