Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

quick spacer q...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 10:30 AM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by lee
thanks. i did some research, and found i need bilstein BE5-2450's for the front, and BE5-2451's for the rear..

i found 'em for $79/shock for fronts, $69/shock for rears... gonna see if i can beat that price. if so, im gonna get those & PP springs.

thanks again.
Sounds good man. I just checked on shox.com and they are selling the entire set of 4 for $284.80

Are you thinking about trying to run the Cornbred spacers, the newer ones, on top of the PP coils one day? If the newer designed ones don't hurt the ride quality like someone suggested, I may be adding those one day so I can go bigger.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:39 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for now, im sticking to just the PP's.

i found ebay to be the cheapest source for bilsteins... a complete set of 4 goes for 282 shipped... not much cheaper than you found though!
Old 02-16-2005, 11:12 AM
lee
Contributing Member

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51982

will these fit my 4x4??? i dont think they will... but:

please respond asap so i can grab 'em!
Old 02-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by lee

different p/ns
Old 02-16-2005, 11:19 AM
lee
Contributing Member

thought so =[
Old 02-16-2005, 11:20 AM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by lee

When I got mine I was told by many folks on here, folks that I would consider knowledgeable on the subject, that I had to have the 4WD Bilsteins for the front. Something about them being different than the 2WD in regards to how the 4WD springs (i.e. PP springs) will fit. That is why PP lists the springs for 4WD 4Runners I believe. It is my understanding that the rears are the same for both.

Do a search for my threads when I was in the same position that you are in.
YotaTech

EDIT: Maybe it is because of the length of the front struts, sorry.

Last edited by AUJWE; 02-16-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Contributing Member

When I bought my springs and shocks last year from PP, they cut me a little break b/c I bought double for what is now my wife's 4R(long story). If you can get even one other person to get springs and shocks, they will do better than the 10% discount. At least they did for me.
I believe the springs are specifically made for PP to certain specs and no one else makes them-hence the painful pricetag
Contributing Member

rears are the same. but he's probably not into splitting the set.

COrrect me if I'm wrong but the 2wd/4wd difference is an inch of lift. I'm assuming with different p/ns that the difference is in the height of the coil cup on the shock/strut (not the length of the coil)?

(No real reason for asking, just curious)
Old 02-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by FilthyRich
I believe the springs are specifically made for PP to certain specs and no one else makes them-hence the painful pricetag
I believe they're stamped from HR. Wonder if they supply anyone else or have a buy direct option?
Old 02-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Contributing Member

PP lists the following as Bilstein part numbers:
Front
4runner 2wd T1161
4runner 4wd T1162

Rear
4runner 90-02 T1243
Old 02-16-2005, 11:24 AM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by Bennito
COrrect me if I'm wrong but the 2wd/4wd difference is an inch of lift. I'm assuming with different p/ns that the difference is in the height of the coil cup on the shock/strut (not the length of the coil)?
Sounds right.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:28 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by FilthyRich
PP lists the following as Bilstein part numbers:
Front
4runner 2wd T1161
4runner 4wd T1162

Rear
4runner 90-02 T1243
great, i made him an offer on the rears.

bennito: what is "HR"?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by lee
great, i made him an offer on the rears.

bennito: what is "HR"?
H&R is a spring (and shock?) company. We put some H&R coilovers on my friends Audi S4. I believe most of their work is in the sports (compact) car arena. Point being the perform product spring is rebadged and its possible the same springs are being sold elsewhere at lower cost.

I did a quick google and found no results (so perf. products may be the only seller).
Old 02-16-2005, 02:13 PM

lee, i was in the same boat as you about a month ago. i ordered the PP springs and billies from PP. The springs were backordered and werent goin to be in for a month. I initially decided to wait it out, but upon further review, i bagged the springs and just got the billies. I then ordered up some cornfed's and got them today. I'm trying to figure out a day when i can put the whole system in. Now i'm assuming the billies which are for a 4wd will work with the spacer kit. I will definately post up some pics as soon as i get the install all done with plenty of before and afters. I've been looking at my MT classic II's for about a month now and can't wait to get it all together.

I don't mean to Hijack, but i've searched and was just wondering if 285/75/16 Revos will fit with a 2.5" cornfed spacer without a bodylift? One will be ordered ASAP if needed. I understand if this isn't answered due to the hijack and i will repost if neccessary.

Drew
Old 02-16-2005, 02:32 PM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by shotking4
I don't mean to Hijack, but i've searched and was just wondering if 285/75/16 Revos will fit with a 2.5" cornfed spacer without a bodylift? One will be ordered ASAP if needed. I understand if this isn't answered due to the hijack and i will repost if neccessary.
Drew
Read up on this thread, it covers the 285 size and lift topic: YotaTech
I think that you will be ok especially since you will be running aftermarket wheels. However, the backspacing will definitely affect how well the 285s will fit and work.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:16 PM

AUJWE, thanks, that thread was very useful. I'm pretty sure i'm goin to get the body lift to be safe. the rims are 3 5/8" backspacing. I really hope this isn't too much. I stupidly ordered them before doing much reasearch. I do have the limited flares so i don't think they will stick out too much and look too stupid, but time will tell. I think they will just rub a little more and full turn. Let me know if you guys think this backspacing is too much and if i will run into too many problems
Old 02-16-2005, 03:32 PM
AUJWE

AUJWE, thanks, that thread was very useful. I'm pretty sure i'm goin to get the body lift to be safe. the rims are 3 5/8" backspacing. I really hope this isn't too much. I stupidly ordered them before doing much reasearch. I do have the limited flares so i don't think they will stick out too much and look too stupid, but time will tell. I think they will just rub a little more and full turn. Let me know if you guys think this backspacing is too much and if i will run into too many problems
Glad I could help. Just be sure to post some pics when you get done so we can all enjoy your hard work.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:17 AM
lee
Contributing Member

lee, i was in the same boat as you about a month ago. i ordered the PP springs and billies from PP. The springs were backordered and werent goin to be in for a month. I initially decided to wait it out, but upon further review, i bagged the springs and just got the billies. I then ordered up some cornfed's and got them today. I'm trying to figure out a day when i can put the whole system in. Now i'm assuming the billies which are for a 4wd will work with the spacer kit. I will definately post up some pics as soon as i get the install all done with plenty of before and afters. I've been looking at my MT classic II's for about a month now and can't wait to get it all together.
Drew
thanks drew. where did you get the cornfeds from? i havent seen much on them.

thanks again.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:32 AM
Contributing Member

Lee put cornfed in the search box - I am sure tons will come up - in the meantime: http://www.cornfedsuspension.com/
Old 02-17-2005, 05:41 AM
lee
Contributing Member

thanks. i was asking to see if he got them elsewhere, i was aware of that site.

those are pretty reasonably priced actually. i could put those in now, then add the bils in later....

man, despite being confused and having no real direction, this is the most fun ive had on this board in a while

Quick Reply: quick spacer q...