Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Put my DP on my Kennesaw Mountain Accessories rear bumper last night!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is what he said when I asked him what's up and that I felt like I was being shafted:
Sorry, but I don't have time for hand holding or trying to keep track of exactly where every customer's order is at all time and constantly notifying of their updated expected delivery date. I'd never get anything done trying to do that and I sure can't afford to hire someone to spend all their time doing that at the prices we charge for our productions. I don't know any other bumper manufacturers who have the manpower or time or cost built into their price to provide such a service either. If you think 6 to 8 weeks is too long for you to wait for a custom built piece, you need to find something you can buy off the shelf.

Then I said just give me a refund and I'll go elsewhere and he came back with:
50% deposit is non-refundable as per terms of sale on special order items (built to accommodate 1" body lift). Especially this close to the order being completed (3 to 4 days). But I can cancel you order for your if you like. Or we can complete it and ship it to you next week. Your call, let me know.

Funny how all of a sudden my order will be finished in a few days isn't it? I'm still leaving my case open with Paypal until I get this thing b/c now I don't trust this fool at all. I'm seriously considering taking it farther but that will depend on what arrives next week, if it arrives.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sucks to hear you've having these issues...I know I for one would really like to see the finished product installed.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Contributing Member

Sounds like just about every thread I've ever read about this company.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:54 AM

Here's the last response, I hope he comes through really b/c it's a fine looking bumper but I'm just tired of him not doing what he agreed to do. I looked up the BBB info on KMA, they're not part of the BBB but have an F rating and many complaints.

No, no, that's just the order cue. Your bumper should actually start the final phase on Monday and be out of paint later in the week. Your final balance will be due at that time (when it comes out of paint). I do you need to drop that little PayPal complaint thing though in the meantime.

Thanks,

Kyle

I told him I'd drop the complaint once I see pics of the bumper and have a delivery date. I've already contacted my bank so I can get things rolling just in case he pulls some crap.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:58 AM

His response to me:

Until you cancel it we will not proceed as it puts you in violation of our terms of sale and deposit requirement. We do not deal with the BBB as they are nothing but a protection racket.

No way this is going any further with him, I'm going to contact the local police now as this is beginning to turn into a "theft by deception" thing. I'll take it as far as possible.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by terminator
We do not deal with the BBB as they are nothing but a protection racket.
i smell scam. my question is, will BBB deal with him?.....hum.....
Old 02-20-2009, 11:25 AM

I guess if you escalate the complaint then Paypal takes the money and puts it in limbo so now he says he's not going forward. I told him to send pics showing how far he's gone and I'll cancel the complaint and he refuses so I am forced to believe he's lying about anything being done. I've started a fraud case with my bank, Paypal and contacted the Douglasville Police so the heat is on now. Since he's not part of the BBB all they'll do is send him the complaint filed against him and nothing more other than report it to the website which doesn't matter since he already has an F rating. It may be a while but I'll get my $ back from this predator.

Any Atlanta guys out there? I'll gladly send you some $ for gas to go visit this jerk for me and harass him.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:44 AM

first, there are two guys i have dealt with in the past, BruceTS and Steve@ Sonoran Steel. both are honest, solid, knowledgeable in terms of off roading and 3rd gen 4Runner owners. in terms of building a custom rear bumper, one thing in common between them they do NOT build you a bumper unless they have your vehicle. this is copied from Steve's website: "You MUST drive your actual truck to our shop in Tempe, Arizona as well for final assembly. These bumpers CAN NOT be shipped. You can not buy the bumper if you do not bring your actual vehicle in."
why? because it won't fit. unlike the front end, there's no crossmember at the end of the rear frame, over the years of driving and flexing, the distance between them WILL be different from vehicle to vehicle, there's no way to predict. that's way when Bruce built my bumper, we spent a whole day at his house to masseur, mock up, re-masseur, double check, tack weld, test fit, finish weld the whole thing.

so, don't even think about getting that bumper, get you money back.

Last edited by TC4RNR; 02-20-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:52 AM

I have read that on the SS website, I can't find anybody here to build me one. The two fab guys I did have interested now won't return any messages asking if they have time. This jackoff Kyle though, was great to deal with even when I told him about all of the issues so I thought I'd take a chance. Well it bit me so I'm going to do whatever I can to ruin this guy. I'm even thinking of posting on CL in the Atlanta area about his "service" and quality assurance issues. I don't want to get that far yet, especially when I have the local PD involved now. $500 isn't petty so we'll see what happens. He can't win and I can prove everything to whomever will get my $ back with his emails from the very beginning. Not sure what he's thinking.

Originally Posted by TC4RNR
first, there are two guys i have dealt with in the past, BruceTS and Steve@ Sonoran Steel. both are honest, solid, knowledgeable in terms of off roading and 3rd gen 4Runner owners. in terms of building a custom rear bumper, one thing in common between them they do NOT build you a bumper unless they have your vehicle. this is copied from Steve's website: "You MUST drive your actual truck to our shop in Tempe, Arizona as well for final assembly. These bumpers CAN NOT be shipped. You can not buy the bumper if you do not bring your actual vehicle in."
why? because it won't fit. unlike the front end, there's no crossmember at the end of the rear frame, over the years of driving and flexing, the distance between them WILL be different from vehicle to vehicle, there's no way to predict. that's way when Bruce built my bumper, we spent a whole day at his house to masseur, mock up, re-masseur, double check, tack weld, test fit, finish weld the whole thing.

so, don't even think about getting that bumper, get you money back.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts
I don't want to sound mean, but this is awesome!! It's only been a matter of time before somebody wanted to flog these guys at KMA. HA! Everytime I see a thread about these guys it makes the hair on my neck stand up(it's also, unfortunatley advertises them).
Old 02-20-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rock Slide
This one I assume:

Looks good. IMO, I'd like to see the receiver hitch mount molded into the bumper, not below it.
I liky, ought to have CB ant mount added. Do ya'll have to have tag lights to be legal?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Contributing Member

I have the multicarrier in the picture and I love it. It is one strong bumper. The only problem with km I had was it took like 6 months to arrive. it fit very well. I did have to do some welding. The frame mounts had to be welded to the bumper before It could be installed. it also came with no instructions. All in all I am pleased with it. Sorry your experence with them sucked.
Attached Thumbnails Put my DP on my Kennesaw Mountain Accessories   rear bumper last night!-gabe-012.jpg   Put my DP on my Kennesaw Mountain Accessories   rear bumper last night!-gabe-027.jpg  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:59 AM

Well it's here and ready to pick up but since KMA didn't change the shipping address (the original location closed) I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Turns out the shipping is about a mile from where I work so I'm good with that. I have yet to get my 1" body lift on so I can't even begin to start the install until I get it on so that's next. Any locals able to help me knock this out, I've never done one but I'm up for the challenge!! I'll get pics when I pick it up.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

Wow, so they came thru after all huh?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:32 PM

Yeah, we went at it for a day or two and then he finally realized I wasn't asking for anything he didn't promise so he chilled and sent some pics. Of course they were crappy and you couldn't tell anything but he sent tracking info and it showed up pretty quick. The only thing he didn't do was change the shipping address to our new one but I can get over that since the place is about a mile from our location. I'm really hoping this will turn out well but the local Police want me to keep them in the loop and said that they'd assist with any issues so that's cool. I hope it goes on without a hitch, well you know what I mean!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

Good to hear the police are backing you up if need be.

Definitely post some pics of it when you get it home...and good luck w/ the BL too!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts
Wow, what an evolution!! Good to hear the 5.0 is on your side! x2 on the pics!!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Contributing Member

I'd luv to have that bumper, but I'm not going through that bull that you went through......
Old 03-09-2009, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
glad you actually got the product, doubt it fits though from everything i have seen from them in the past

KMN is a hole company that needs to die in a fire
Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 PM

I appreciate your honest opinion crolison. Well said without crossing the lines of decency.

Quick Reply: Put my DP on my Kennesaw Mountain Accessories rear bumper last night!