Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Post Your Off-Roading Videos And Pictures Here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 07:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Am I alone when I kinda wish all the altern-o-indie music would just go away in many home-grown off-road videos? I'd rather hear rocks and axles grinding, engines straining, etc. That's music to my ears.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, that's true, but I just can't stand to here all the dumb comments and my own voice, so I like the music. Especially the music that Toyo put on his. What was that by the way?

Chris
Old 10-06-2003, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member

i like the music. it's hard picking the right song tho for an offroading video. it seems something slow works better than a blazin fast song. i like to keep the music low enough to hear the wheelin sound effects tho. or at least i will make sure to do that in my next video.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by ravencr
Yeah, that's true, but I just can't stand to here all the dumb comments and my own voice, so I like the music. Especially the music that Toyo put on his. What was that by the way?

Chris
Powerman 5000 - When worlds collide
Old 10-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Contributing Member

calrockx,

Is that front skid supposed to be curved like that???
Old 10-07-2003, 05:40 PM

Originally posted by Toyo_Runner96
Powerman 5000 - When worlds collide
Is that the group and song name, because I've heard the song, but not the group?

Chris
Old 10-09-2003, 09:38 AM
Contributing Member

Good vids Corey! The big one doesn't go very long though. I think something is wrong with it. Here's some from a recent trip to Windrock, TN. Their kind of big for some reason, so I'd save them to disk and then view them.
Chris
2000, I'd love to hear about it.
hehe, looks like some lockers may be useful.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:53 PM
Contributing Member

Is that the group and song name, because I've heard the song, but not the group?

Chris
yeah, thats the group , powerman 5000. when worlds collide is off their record "tonight the stars revolt". a pretty solid record. cheers
Old 10-09-2003, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by keisur
hehe, looks like some lockers may be useful.
Yep, it's going to be my next major purchase for sure. I can't wait to show everyone my vids from this past weekend at Windrock. They were even more proof that I should get a locker as soon as possible.

Chris

Toyo, thanks for info on the song.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:28 AM

Ok, here's the pics from last weekend, with only one video the guys we met from Kentucky breaking his rear axle. More videos to come soon!

http://www.toyota-4runners.com/windrock10-04-03.html

Chris
Old 10-14-2003, 09:40 AM

I see your panhard link drop broke away. I can clearly see in the picture that the weld was poorly done. Don't get the same guy to redo it.

Also, put a bolt through the top hole and leave it there. Even if it breaks in the future, the bolt will hold it so it won't separate from the vehicle.

You really need to get a locker and come up and wheel with us!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and videos.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 10-14-2003, 02:43 PM

Yeah, I'd love to do that. I'm locked in the rear, but I really want to get the ARB for the front too. I have seen stock non-lifted, stock tires, locked jeeps go places I couldn't beleive just in the last couple of weeks.

I don't know of any places, because I've never looked, but I would love to get together with a bunch of you guys from you area somewhere halfway from each other, and wheel the entire weekend. If you know of any good places, I'm totally game.

As far as the panhard bar, I got it professionally welded this time around, and it's held great. The only problem is that my panhard bar keeps coming loose, which is causing the inner metal piece to wear out on both ends, so I'm going to try a slightly larger grade 8 bolt and washer combination to see if it will fix it. It's really annoying because it squeaks and pops when articulating.

Also, this last weekend while wheeling for some reason my lower passenger side shock bolt totally backed itself out, but luckily we found it in a couple of minutes. But, the damn locktight didn't help at all for some reason. Any recommendations on that?

Chris
Old 10-14-2003, 04:48 PM

That is odd. My stuff never comes loose and I have never heard of that happening before. I guess you will have to diagnose that one and find a cure for it.

If you were locked in the rear, you should not of had so much trouble getting over that small bump in the road. Your truck should of just walked over it. What were you aired down to?

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 10-15-2003, 02:07 AM

If you're talking about that ledge, what had happened is the front had no pull because the front left was in a hole, and the frint right had enough pressure on it to keep it from moving. Damn open diffs! The rear was trying, but the ledge, which is hard to see in the pictures and videos, was as high just slightly under my gas tank height and slightly wet, so climbing up it caused a problem. It was no big deal compared to the last two trips I've been on. I've got more pics and vids coming, but which trip are you talking about? I've got the Windrock trip that's got the vids up on it, and then I've got another page of a more recent trip that has just one video of that guys breaking his rear axle. Which are you referring to?

Chris
Old 10-15-2003, 05:30 AM
Contributing Member

host?

I made a video of my trip to paragon this past weekend (10/11/03). Would someone be able to host it for me? It's about 10mb.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:06 PM

If you're talking about that ledge, what had happened is the front had no pull because the front left was in a hole, and the frint right had enough pressure on it to keep it from moving. Damn open diffs! The rear was trying, but the ledge, which is hard to see in the pictures and videos, was as high just slightly under my gas tank height and slightly wet, so climbing up it caused a problem. It was no big deal compared to the last two trips I've been on. I've got more pics and vids coming, but which trip are you talking about? I've got the Windrock trip that's got the vids up on it, and then I've got another page of a more recent trip that has just one video of that guys breaking his rear axle. Which are you referring to?

Chris
Are you or are you not locked in the rear?

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 10-15-2003, 02:50 PM

I'm locked in the rear via the e-locker.

Chris
Old 10-16-2003, 02:22 PM

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...93037300yqrXKl

It's not a pretty picture, but let me explain what happened. Trying to go over a bridge (obviously) and my back end started hopping, due to axle wrap. Then that's what happened.
Old 10-18-2003, 06:58 AM
Contributing Member

OK Guys!!!!

Now this had me laughing the whole time!!! Plus I like the soundtrack, turn your speakers on!!!! AND it is sort of a "wheeling" pic and it is a Toyota, That thing takes some abuse!!!! This exemplifies the Toyota qaulity that keeps me buying toyotas!!!!!!!!!

http://www.showstop.org/tacoma/videos/rccar.wmv

p.s. you may have seen this you may have not, I did search for it in the forum and couldn't happen upon anything so I posted it.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:39 PM

SWEEEEETTT!!!

Chris

Quick Reply: Post Your Off-Roading Videos And Pictures Here!