Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

pics of some new mods!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics of some new mods!

ok well i havent been posting much here lately, but here are some new pics for you fine folks.

finally got around to installing my hellas, thanks to Corey, probably wouldnt have gotten them working without his help. also, ive got some pics of my husky floor mats, and a new intake!

wasnt too sure whether the volant intake would work or not, i saw it on another post a little while back so i decided to give it a shot. i definitely noticed a power increase, probably not more than a few HP, but its better than nothing, i like how it came with a new airbox, with a detachable top. overall im pretty happy with it. and boy do those hellas give off a lot of light:eek:

let me know what you all think!

-Casey
Old 01-02-2003, 04:59 PM

Very nice man. I like the Hellas & the intake. May I ask what the new air intake unit cost you?

Al
Old 01-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by HBoss
Very nice man. I like the Hellas & the intake. May I ask what the new air intake unit cost you?

Al
the intake cost be about 320 shipped, sounds kinda pricey, but it included the tube, air filter, all necessary clamps, and the box. and it gives off a pretty cool sound.
on the 2.7 there are like 2 silencers on the intake, the second one closer to the manifold is pretty big so that takes away quite a bit of restriction.

-Casey
Old 01-02-2003, 05:52 PM

Very nice now maybe it's time to clean out that engine compartment??
Old 01-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Wild_Bill
Very nice now maybe it's time to clean out that engine compartment??
hahahaha ya u caught me, prolly should get on that before i go back to school

-Casey
Old 01-02-2003, 06:03 PM

Originally posted by casey
the intake cost be about 320 shipped, sounds kinda pricey, but it included the tube, air filter, all necessary clamps, and the box. and it gives off a pretty cool sound.
on the 2.7 there are like 2 silencers on the intake, the second one closer to the manifold is pretty big so that takes away quite a bit of restriction.

-Casey
Actually that's not bad. I ask because I happen to need a new air filter box anyway (mine's cracked) & a new OEM one will cost me approx. $335. That's just for a piece of plastic in the shape of a box.

Where did you order your air intake from?

Al
Old 01-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Casey, looks great.
Glad I could help with the wiring of the Hella's.
Was it that one wire I suspected?
Might those also be the Black Magic ones?

The intake looks good too.

Do you have the rear seat Husky too?
TS1 was just asking about the rear seat ones in a post.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Contributing Member

Al,
i ordered the intake from www.nextcollection.com however, the only problem i can think of with this box is that its not completely sealed like the stock one, it does a good job of keeping hot air out, but i think water would be a different story if you were to do some water crossing or something, but i think it would suffice for rain and everyday things.

Corey,
yes it definitely was the wire you suspected, i couldnt find a wire that was hot all the time, so i just hooked them up to my parking lights so that they work with high and low beams. and yes they are the Black Magics, i love the look of them, really makes things mean, and they give off great light too.
i do have the Husky's for the rear too, but they dont go over the hump, they are just individual mats. here is a pic

-Casey
Old 01-02-2003, 07:49 PM

I thought there was going to be a "after" pic of your engine compartment. Lights look good tho!

congrats
Old 01-03-2003, 01:15 AM

Looks good Casey. Glad ya found an intake. How is it 'secured' so it does'nt move? I know the big 'baffle' box and stock air box are securely bolted down. The cone filter I used to run, broke support brackets. Just wanna know how solid this setup is. Also, how is cold air flowed into the box? Thanks.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:43 PM

truck looks great! I really like those black magic lamps, they really do look pretty mean.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:59 PM
Contributing Member

Truck looks great. I like the intake. If i did not already modify my box i might get one for my truck. The Hella's look very nice I might add.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by butnut
Looks good Casey. Glad ya found an intake. How is it 'secured' so it does'nt move? I know the big 'baffle' box and stock air box are securely bolted down. The cone filter I used to run, broke support brackets. Just wanna know how solid this setup is. Also, how is cold air flowed into the box? Thanks.
the whole setup didnt come with mounting brackets or anything, but its a pretty snug fit, it wasnt easy getting it in there. however, there was a threaded hole in the side of the box and my friend and I rigged up a bracket for it that fits into one of the stock airbox mounts. i havent yet heard any rattling or any noise from it, even from off roading. so its in there pretty solid. i know they call it a cold air intake, but I wouldnt really call it one. but it does have a hole in the side where the fender and the box meet, so i would assume it sucks air up through there. also, the top of the box can be detached and reattached, that adds a bit more airflow, but i prefer it with the top on, for keeping the filter clean.

thanx for the replies

-Casey
Old 02-07-2006, 01:30 PM

Talking

Casey, do you hear any hissing noises comming from your intake? I have this problem with the K&N, probably b/c it does not hook into to the fender hole like the Volant does. And secondly, is it loud? Does it growl? I think the K&N is too loud, it makes my 4Runner sound like a suped up Honda Accord. I'm interested in the Volant, any info will help, thanks.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Am I missing something, where the heck are the pictures?

*Edit* Oh this is an ancient thread.