Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New Lift Idea

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks man that's what I'll do then I really apreciate the help. Oh and when you hear something about those wheels let me know cause I'll be looking to get some really soon.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Contributing Member

Sounds good dude...let me know if you ever go wheeling, I'll definitely tag along. Number is 283-4166, if you want help with the Runner let me know.

Best way to get a hold of Cornfed is talking directly to David Kronberg, CornfedWV on AIM or just call him, hes at the West Virginia office...GREAT guy to work with! He'll get you set up right, let me know if you want the diff drop, I haven't had time to swap out the Cornfed one for the new one but I should get it out this weekend.

Fink
Old 01-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Contributing Member

yeah man sweet as soon as my stuff is set up I will call you and we will definatly plan a wheelin trip. Talk at ya later.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Contributing Member

Dude... that is soo soo soo deadly... is that the same truck as above?? I dunno, but drool!!!!! that is the most beautiful runner!!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

Yup same truck...thanks for the comps man, I'm really happy with it!

Fink
Old 01-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Contributing Member

It looks amazing... compliments deserved!!! it looks soo clean... the Toy wheels keep a stock clean look, the clear corners with the black look sharp... nice clean transition... and the TRD decals on the back are a really nice touch too...

Ta˟˟˟˟ll is the best word I can use to describe it

Hard work well paid off!!
Old 01-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Contributing Member

Well thank you very much!

For those of you deciding on this mod I would HIGHLY recommend skipping the spacer lift and going straight to the best. If you plan on JUST doing spacers and not switching later on down the road then by all means, that is a good way to go...however, do TONS of research and reading on here and you will find out the problems that I, and some others have had. Do NOT jump into something because you want to be able to fit bigger tires...live with the smaller ones until you can do things right, right off the bat.

So with that being said, if you chose to do a spacer lift I would highly recommend Cornfed, but I would go with the 2.5" spacers and diff drop. The rear setup either way is great, rides perfect and is great for towing. I would also recommend the Super Soft Rear Bumpstops and Panhard drop bar from Steve at Sonoran Steel, great products, hands down.

Thanks again to all of you who stuck with me and listened to me b*tch about all my problems and my repetative posts asking the same questions or updating you with what I was doing, this is the ONE place I trust as far as info goes and it really did pay off in the end, once again.

I can remember back when I was first reading up on the clear corners for the 2nd gen runner I had just bought, I was amazed at how much you guys knew about the lenses...and now, still amazed, but its WAY past the lenses, LoL.

Thanks again guys! Here's one for you!

Fink
Old 01-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Contributing Member

looks good bro! Glad you finally got everything the way you wanted....
Old 01-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member

I've had a few requests for the details of my final setup, it is a little confusing after all the spacers and stuff so here it is:

Front:
-Tundra coils (highly recommend Barb at Toyota of Dallas for these)
-OME N91s shocks (again, highly recommend Toy of Dallas, great place!)
-(2) 3/8" Top-out spacers courtesy of Andy
-Extended studs
-Tapered diff drop from Sonoran Steel

Rear:
-OME 891 coils
-OME N86SC
-Panhard drop bar from Sonoran Steel
-Super Soft Rear Bumpstops from Sonoran Steel

Wheels/Tires:
-Lexus LX450 16x8 Wheels
-285/75-16 BFG M/T's

Few words of advice, do it right the first time. Save up and go all out or don't do it at all...I learned the hard way. Do research! This thread has become a pretty good place for info on this lift as well as the very first thread of course.

Another thing, I would go with the comfort shocks and 891's in the rear...the ride is perfect as of now with only the weight of the spare in the back and some tools and stuff, anything stiffer and I'd be bouncin all over the place.

Good luck and thanks for all the comps guys!

Fink

Last edited by Fink; 01-10-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Chris want to trade 4Runners

Really though your truck looks great now! Congrats on getting that thing to where it is, very clean!
Oh and BTW we got the transmission issue fixed, just needed new fluid. You've got a PM with a couple other ?s
Old 01-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Contributing Member

Awesome...im glad you got it figured out!

No PM yet...but I'll reply as soon as I can when I get it.

Sarah happy with the purchase so far?

Fink
Old 01-10-2006, 08:42 PM

Weigth - Sagging?

Fink,

I have been following this thread for quite some time, and am thinking about getting this setup, since it looks and as I hear rides beautifuly. I might have missed this post, but what is the final, after wear in, unloaded, height above stock, is it 2"? Also, how is the freeway ride, in terms of stability and comfort? And lastly, have you had a chance to put any significant weigth in the back, and noticed any sagging? I am asking since I have a 99' 4runner, with 65K, 4x4 and if I pack all my gear, my rear seems to sag a great deal. I know my stock springs are probably gone, but would like your opinion on your setup as a comparison. THanks for the great post, and hope to hear from you, or anybody else on these issues. THanks.

Cymeryss
Old 01-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

Well I've only had this lift on for about 2 weeks now so they haven't worn in by any means.

I haven't measured anything yet but if I had to guess right off the bat the front was raised about 2.25" and the rear was probably raised 2.5".

I have carried approx. 150lbs of stuff in the rear and haven't noticed much sagging. The most sag I have seen is when I had my trailer with my ATV and all my gear for that...it was probably a half inch lower than my front end. So overall much more stout than my old setup.

Highway feels great so far, haven't driven further than 30 min or so on a pretty even stretch so I can't be sure but I bet it would be overall better than stock.

This is by far the best way to go. It's expensive but it's worth every penny!

Fink
Old 01-18-2006, 11:40 AM

Pricing

HEy Fink,

Thanks for the reply, it looks like this setup will be ideal for my needs, as well as reliable, from what I have been reading on yotatech for the past couple of weeks.

My questions is, if that's not a problem, what was the part's cost for the whole setup, not including the bodylift? I just started looking for the best prices, and it looks like local Toyota dealer want's to charge me $185/per the TRD tundra coil, and does not even sell the OME struts?

Any input on where to get all of these components would be great...thanks.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Contributing Member

I have not added it all up yet as far as a total cost, but I would guess with all of the odds and ends for parts alone it would be near $500-$600, I got all of my stuff professionally installed so that was a cost on its own.

Body lift cost me $168 shipped to my door and is not included in the $500-$600 figure above.

You will need to get in contact with Barbara King at Toyota of Dallas. You can email them at info@trdparts4u.com and you should get a response from either Chris, Barb or Phil.

I had Barbara's direct email but I seem to have lost it.

You can also PM strap22 on here for direct emails.

This setup is awesome! I just got it completely finished today with the panhard bar going on the back and the SS diff drop on. I am now completely finished with the lift setup.

I also got all my CV boots replaced and a new fuel filter put on.

Good luck with your lift and let me know if there's anything I can do for ya.

Fink
Old 01-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

Well I've had this setup on now for about 3k miles and I am still in love with it...by far the best setup I could have gone with...ride is perfect and there is no sagging/settling anywhere.

Got my CV boots replaced with some heavy duty clamps about a week and a half ago and no problems there (heady duty clamps probably wouldn't even be needed)

Good luck to whoever decides to do this and let me know if you have any questions.

Fink