Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New Lift Idea

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweet pics fink, those lx wheels are sexy.

do the BL yourself, its easy! i just put the stock bottle jack on a cinderblock and a couple short 2"x4"s on top of it underneathe the body, in between the frame rail and body. steering extension isnt too bad, the front drive shaft is kinda in the way, but im sure you can handle it
Old 12-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Contributing Member

looking good Fink...
Old 12-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Contributing Member

Awesome well I guess I'll try to do the lift myself then...doesn't sound too bad.

As far as the shift linkage and stuff I know I don't need any extensions or anything but what kind adjustments would I need to make if any.

Thanks for the help guys!

Fink
Old 12-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Contributing Member

hmmm shift linkage... I always thought you had a manual... anyways... for the linkage, you just loosen the bolt, and move it a little bit and then retighten the bolt. The steering shaft extension is pretty easy as well...

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...missionLinkage

Last edited by grimpy; 12-21-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Contributing Member

Alright well I think this weekend if I have time or Monday I will go under there and look at it all see if I want to get into that...next week is going to be crazy for me! If not I will see if I can get a hold of my buddy with the shop.

I've gotten everything except for the body lift, I guess it'll be here either today or Tuesday next week.

I'll let you guys know what ends up happening with the BL.

I got my other OEM rim mounted so now I've got all 4 Lexus wheels on and it looks awesome!

I can't wait to get my new lift put on, then it'll be all set and ready to hit some trails!

Fink
Old 12-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Contributing Member

Alright...here's the current status.

Tundra coils, OME shocks and one pair of top out spacers are on as of this afternoon. The front is probably about 3/4" to 1" lower than the rear, this bugs me so I think I'm going to add another pair of spacers. Body lift is not on yet as the Post Office had to reschedule the delivery because my apartment number wasn't on the address.

Synopsis, high-speed vibrations are gone, this in-turn makes me think the CV problems will be gone and now I just need to get it as close to level as possible and then throw on the body lift.

As far as leveling, because of my past CV problems, I am scared about raising the front anymore than it already is...but I'm guessing raising it just under a half an inch isn't that big of a deal. Is that what you guys would recommend as far as leveling?

Thanks!

Fink
Old 12-29-2005, 04:58 AM

Old 12-29-2005, 05:23 AM
Contributing Member

adding a top out spacer is OUTSIDE the coil pack and will not effect ride quality or CVs
Old 12-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Contributing Member

Oh wow...well then I'll definitely add one, the way I figure it, the front and rear are gonna settle about the same rate essentially so no matter what there will always be the same difference in height, not to mention, I've still got my stock spare tire underneath so when I take that off it'll be even worse.

OK, well I'm gonna order an extra set of spacers then.

Thanks for the help, I posted some pics already I think...I'll find a link for ya in a sec.

Fink
Old 12-30-2005, 04:25 AM

yeah, i saw the old pics already, just wanted to see how bad it was raked now with the new lift on there.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Contributing Member

OK, 2nd set of spacers are going on tomorrow morning if I can get my socket set back from my buddy...he usually doesn't get up til about 3pm but I know the code to his garage door, hehe.

Anyway, those should be going on tomorrow morning and then body lift next week. Right now I'm in the process of getting some new battery cables put on.

Since my other thread isn't getting many hits...audio shop says they would do 4 gauge, they don't even have 2 gauge which would be a happy medium, they have 1/0 gauge and I think I might just go with that as I would rather have the peace of mind versus the risk of not having a big enough cable.

What do you guys think?

Fink
Old 01-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

Alright, got the other set of spacers on and its now riding within a fraction of an inch of the rear so thats not a big deal as I haul a trailer a lot so it'll help with that to have the rear higher.

As of now I have no rubbing on the valence or pinch weld, however this weekend or next week before class starts I will go ahead and some trimming and I may not even need to put the body lift on. Nice thing is, I have it, so if I do run into a case where it is needed I can just put it on and not worry about it, as of now though I will leave it off and see if it works. The only downside to doing the body lift is having to pay somebody to put it on for me and the added height could be a problem in the parking garage at my school...we'll see.

As of now, the lift is DONE! I'm painting my panhard drop bar this weekend so that will go on, I got new bolts for it so it should be all good and then I'll also swap out the Cornfed diff drop for the tapered SS diff drop this weekend as well so after this weekend and maybe mid next week I will be completely done with all of the lift components.

I also put on the super soft rear bumpstops from Steve at SS, I was a dumba$$ and mounted them the wrong way with the opening for the bolts going to the inside which made it a PITA to get on but I think their tight as of now, if they become loose I'll just turn em around.

Pics will be up this weekend.

Fink
Old 01-06-2006, 04:33 PM

Cant wait for the pics!!!!... my lift is still sitting on the garage floor
Old 01-07-2006, 10:43 AM

hey Fink. It is Steven White. Your runner looks great and I hope to see you on the trail mabey you could keep up with the land cruiser.

Last edited by cruiserfj; 01-07-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Contributing Member

Hey dude, how'd you find out about this place? Your dad still have his shop?

Fink
Old 01-08-2006, 09:17 AM

I found out about this from Anthony Harder. Yea my dad still has his shop but he is never there anymore, hes always off doing other things. Hey so I understand this you had some coil spacers then went to this other lift. What did you do with the spacers?

Last edited by cruiserfj; 01-08-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Contributing Member

Does Anthony get on here a lot or did he just hear about it? Obviously I've been on here awhile, its probably the best place to get info about Yota's.

Anyway, the spacers are sittin in a box in my closet. I've already had one guy ask about em and if that goes through I'll let you know.

Fink
Old 01-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Contributing Member

PICS ARE UP!

I couldn't figure out how to make them appear in the thread but they're in my profile, there's a link in my sig.

Fink
Old 01-08-2006, 01:50 PM

links not working for me i get

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /apache/htdocs/src/connection.php on line 26
A database error has occured:
Old 01-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Contributing Member

looks nice...very nice!

Quick Reply: New Lift Idea