Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy

Very nice forum. Everyone seems very nice and helpful. I'm looking to get some new stock rotors. Where can I get them pretty cheap? Oh, checkout my 4runner picture if you haven't seen them yet.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:33 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VERY NICE looking 4R!!

You're going to drive Corey crazy with all that cool stuff!

Have you looked at his page with mods? He takes great pride in his runner.

David
Old 07-05-2002, 04:36 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Welcome to the board Umsam.
Damn!!!

That is a nice setup you have there indeed. I also see you found room for an in cab fuse box. I gave up looking for room. I had my fuse box inside all tapped out with wires for stuff.
I ended putting it under the hood. There is a write-up on it in the Tech section.

On the rotors thing. If you go to our Venders page I set up, you will see two sections.
The first is for aftermarket parts, and the bottom half are links to online Toyota parts departments that offer an Internet discount to folk's.
That will generally save you about 15 to 20% over the price of your local dealer.
The Venders section can be found on the main forums index page.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:51 PM

Sweet ride dude. Beautiful job.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-05-2002, 05:43 PM

Cool

Nice Runner and killer system.:eek: Very nice work...sano. Welcome aboard, you'll fit right in with the mod-a-holics here!
butnut
Old 07-06-2002, 08:45 AM

Thanks guys! I'm going to tackle the deck plate mod this weekend. This is a great forum with great bunch of people.
Old 07-06-2002, 07:18 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome umsam!
Love your truck! Ive got a question... How did you do your electric fan conversion? Did you get a fan for another car and drop it in or convert the sotck to electric? My friend put a mustang fan in his volvo, and it works great! no more hoovering around:rolleyes:. I'm thinking of doing the mod myslef... thanks!
Old 07-07-2002, 09:55 AM

I bought the fan from Summit parts catalog($100 w/temp sensor). It was the biggest I could find. I used the existing shroud on the radiator. It was meant to mount on the radiator, but by bending the mounting bracket out a little, I could mount it to the shroud. I put some rubber bushings to minimize vibration on the four mounting points. Put the sensor on the radiator house and wire the fans up. Also, I have it turn on when the a/c is turns on. Just tap into the A/C fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. The A/C gets cold almost instantly with the fan turned on. I had it working for about 4 years now with no problems. Oh, I think the brand of the fan was Puma cool air or something. If you get the catalog you're know what I mean. One tip is that when you take off the clutch fan, replace the bolts with your own. Just get some bolt that fit from a hardware store with the right threat and length. It's a worth while mod since the loud fan noise is gone when you start the truck, and gain some HP. Hope this helps.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard. You have some pretty cool mods going on there!

Try www.toyotaparts4u.com for cheap OEM stock rotors.

I have some detailed info on the deckplate install on my 4Runner page.

Also feel free to check out my accessory site for the latest 4Runner accessories.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:14 PM

Thats a very cool set up you have there I think we are going to need more inf on your mods , as i am sure that some of us coughcoreycough are dying to know how you did some of them .
Old 07-07-2002, 06:34 PM

No problem! Let me give you guys a head start. Let me tell you some of the neat things besides the stereo system. The alarm system I have is a Clifford Aventguard III. I installed all the neat feature it came with it and more. All the windows including the rear window can be rolled up and down via remote, remote start, 4 different type of engine kill (ignition kill, starter kill, fuel pump kill, and EFI kill), 2 siren outside, 2 high pitch siren inside, horn, microwave sensor outside/inside, shock sensors front and rear, backup battery siren, backup battery, etc. Also added microswitches to every handle. If someone is going to break in to your truck, first thing they will do is check to see if it is unlock. Soon as they lift the handle the alarm triggers. This causes no false alarms and triggers the alarm before the damage is done. The whole alarm can be control by a phone call from anywhere. It has a paging module that you can call in and control all the options. I can even tell it to kill the engine if it is stolen, don't worry it will know when the car is at low rmp before killing the engine. My headlight go on whenever it's dark and when I'm using the wipers. My alarm remote can open my garage door. There are some more tricks, but I'll stop for now about the alarm. I have a radar/laser detector that I modified to put all the sensor in the front of the car and LED and buzzer on the dash (look at my pictures). The detector was about $50, I took it apart and put the sensors in the waterproof box and ran all the wires to the inside. It works well. I used to have a Air Lift in the rear, but started to leak and wanted the Recall done, so I took the air bags out but keep the compressor. I rig it so I can attach a compressor hose with quick disconnect so I can put air into my tire when it goes flat. Oh, one thing what I'm proud of about the stereo is that I ran a power and ground wire that was 0 gauge (about 1"thick) through the frame of the car and came out in the rear. The sidemarker came with yellow bulb, which I didn't like, so I used several clear LED (yellow when lite) to make it look reflective (like VWs). Sorry I got carried away. Any question just ask.
Old 07-07-2002, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member

WoW!
You are all about the do it your slefers! Love the radar install! Thanks for the tips on the fan install too.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:38 AM

Originally posted by Philly
Welcome to the best 4Runner forum on the NET, you will be pleased. Haven't needed to price out or replace rotors yet so can't really help you out but there should be help coming shortly. Welcome aboard again. Take care.
Sweet rig and welcome.

I get my rotors at the dealer for $80 each. I believe Gadget gets his mail order for $50 each, but that is a quanity of 4. Check out www.gadgetonline.com. If you plan on TRD pads get them at AutoZone for half the price. Same company makes TRD and Autozone pads. You do get more brake dust with these pads though.

Pete