Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

new englanders!! guaging interest in NE4ROC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 12:30 PM
lee
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my next email ill mention that wheeling trip in ashburnham... im gonna try to make it myself!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:21 PM

Just pm'd you Lee, I'm so in!
Old 05-06-2005, 05:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So whats the deal around here? Anybody interested in the TTORA-NE meet&greet/ wrench-a-thon on the 14th or the run on the 21st? Both are going to be a great time! DON'T BE SCARED!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:14 AM
lee
Contributing Member

im sending out an email today/tomorrow and will be including that info in it.

hopefully it'll start the process of getting new england enthusiasts together.. which is the ultimate goal.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:16 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SuperRunner98
Just pm'd you Lee, I'm so in!
welcome, steven... you should see your name up on the site now, and ill forward you the last couple of emails sometime today.

thanks!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:24 AM

Sounds good lee, thanks! Bring 'em in!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:43 PM

not gonna read all 3 pages but this sounds cool ill look more into it later and probably join.

there's a offroad club near me that i will probably join and there are some yota guys there i will tell about this.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:53 AM

I have recently been in contact with TreadLightly who refered me to NEA4WD which is a group here in New England that works to get land opened for wheeling, keep land open for wheeling, and promote the Tread Lightly tradition of leaving the land better than you found it and maintaining it for use later.
This is the email I received from Scott Hatch who is the president:

In a nutshell the NEA is about responsible land use, maintaining access toland, and developing new access to land.
Currently our sport is facing a "closed door" policy in the state of
Massachusetts. The state has legislation keeping full sized rigs like ours OFF of our state lands. The legislation is a 1000 pound vehicle rule which was enacted before our sport was very organized. We have been attempting to introduce legislation to change this but it keeps getting stalled in various state legislative committees.

To be honest we have had better luck in New Hampshire, which isn't too far for a day of wheeling. Our goal is to increase areas for clubs to wheel through public and private land. Our Association has been opening on average a new parcel of land for recreational opportunities every year.

I will CC Dan Stra, he is our membership chair and can also help with
further questions

Scott Hatch
President NEA
508-378-0193

Mission Statment:
To protect and promote environmentally responsible Off-Highway Vehicle recreation, while maintaining a harmonious relationship between OHV enthusiasts and landowners. To support and educate Local, State and National agencies in the preservation of OHV recreation.

There is a cost but I would say that it is definitely worth it. They charge $75 for the first 25 members plus $3.00 for each additional member over this 25 member base. That is $75 for the whole 25, not per person, basically it is $3 per person in the club. They have runs, trail cutting, trail maintanaince, and they will work with clubs to help them work with local government to promote the sport. This is a list of member benefits but in here is a list of all the land they have managed to get access to, I am impressed.

http://www.nea4wd.org/_assets/docume...indTheName.pdf

Check out the main website:

http://www.nea4wd.org/

I think that since we all love to wheel this club should become involved in the area and do what we can to get land opened and keep it opened and I think that NEA4WD is the way to do that, they have the experience necessary to teach us what we need to know. If you are still reading this far into this long post I geuss I already know what you think about this, haha. What are your thoughts?
Old 05-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up

Great way to start the club off in the right direction. I think that is a great idea for us as a club to be affiliated with a nationally recognized organization. It can only do us all good and the money for the registration fee is nothing split among 25 or more people !
Keep up the great work and let us know when you here more !
Old 05-12-2005, 05:23 AM

TreadLightly refered me to NEA4WD which is a group here in New England that works to get land opened for wheeling, keep land open for wheeling, and promote the Tread Lightly tradition of leaving the land better than you found it and maintaining it for use later.
This is the email I received from Scott Hatch who is the president:

In a nutshell the NEA is about responsible land use, maintaining access toland, and developing new access to land.
Currently our sport is facing a "closed door" policy in the state of
Massachusetts. The state has legislation keeping full sized rigs like ours OFF of our state lands. The legislation is a 1000 pound vehicle rule which was enacted before our sport was very organized. We have been attempting to introduce legislation to change this but it keeps getting stalled in various state legislative committees.

To be honest we have had better luck in New Hampshire, which isn't too far for a day of wheeling. Our goal is to increase areas for clubs to wheel through public and private land. Our Association has been opening on average a new parcel of land for recreational opportunities every year.

I will CC Dan Stra, he is our membership chair and can also help with
further questions

Scott Hatch
President NEA
508-378-0193

Mission Statment:
To protect and promote environmentally responsible Off-Highway Vehicle recreation, while maintaining a harmonious relationship between OHV enthusiasts and landowners. To support and educate Local, State and National agencies in the preservation of OHV recreation.

They have runs, trail cutting, trail maintanaince, and they will work with clubs to help them work with local government to promote the sport. This is a list of member benefits but in here is a list of all the land they have managed to get access to, I am impressed.

http://www.nea4wd.org/_assets/docume...indTheName.pdf

Check out the main website:

http://www.nea4wd.org/

There is a cost but I would say that it is definitely worth it. They charge $75 for the first 25 members plus $3.00 for each additional member over this 25 member base. That is $75 for the whole 25, not per person, basically it is $3 per person in the club. So charge each member $13 total, $3 for the NEA4WD dues and $10 so that we can get a vbulletin forum of our own, then we don't have to fill yotatech with it and we can skip the crappy free delphi forum. Then $3 each year after to keep up the NEA4WD membership. The extra after the first 14 members pay (cost of vbulletin) can be startup costs towards stickers and shirts to raise money for whatever we need! $13 per person the first year then $3 each additional year doesn't seem unreasonable. Just have to open a club bank account.

I think that since we all love to wheel this club should become involved in the area and do what we can to get land opened and keep it opened and I think that NEA4WD is the way to do that, they have the experience necessary to teach us what we need to know. There are multiple other clubs of this type around, I am not saying we have to join this one, but it is the first I have found. If you are still reading this far into this long post I geuss I already know what you think about this, haha. What are your thoughts?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up

Your on a roll , don't stop now ! If the rest would pipe in on this with support we could go somewhere !
Old 05-18-2005, 05:09 AM

Lee, what happened, you lose your momentum? Everything seemed to be moving along so well, now we haven't heard anything from you in a while...
BTW, you down for some wheelin' on saturday?
Old 05-18-2005, 06:02 AM
lee
Contributing Member

im sorry, i have been in the midst of a job switch and am SWAMPED.

Im sending out an email this afternoon/evening, I really do apologize. I will regain momentum next week, this week i have 3 website contracts to complete on top of all the new things that come with a job that i have to learn...

the new website will be up by next weekend.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:53 AM

Nice, no need to apologize I just figured I would see what was happening. You going to make it for the run on Saturday?
Old 05-18-2005, 06:58 AM
Contributing Member

there is a run on saturday? when? where?
Old 05-18-2005, 07:30 AM

Wheelin' in Ashburnham,Ma Saturday May 21. Meet at the Burger King on rt 68 in Gardner, MA at 10am, it is right off rt 2 on the left, you can see it from the rotary.

Burger King Location

All the trails are within the range of stock trucks but it is always muddy, rocky, and interesting. It is gonna be a great day, we have 12 trucks coming so far and some of use are camping out on the trail friday night before the run. Everyone is more than welcome to come, the more the merrier. Post here if you need more info. Lee was going to send out an email earlier but didn't get a chance, you will probably receiving one soon.
We are meeting to camp at 4 pm friday the 20th at a Mr. Mikes gas station in ashburnham, ma.
Mr Mikes
6 Gardner Rd
Ashburnham, MA 01430

Mr. Mikes location

It is actually before s pleasant st on the left, you will see it.

Email me at intrepidse17@gmail.com or pm me if you have any questions or if you want to go, that way I will know who to wait for.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:21 AM
lee
Contributing Member

i actually do think i can make it.

i wont know until friday though...

thanks for the info, ill include it.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:55 AM

Wheelin'

Nice! Wheelin' on Saturday! Count me in.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:56 AM

Anyone else? Better get on quick, leaving today at 4 so I won't be checking this post after that.
Whats the word Lee? You gonna make it?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:21 AM
lee
Contributing Member

can you PM me your cell #?

Im still on the fence, but am trying hard to make it.. if i can I will call you to let you know im on my way.

thanks!