Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

looking for clear tailights

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 05:55 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mattyp12
I found this place about 5 mins ago http://www.toyotaworld.com/accessori...amp_covers.htm - and I am really thinking of picking these up. Has anyone else heard of toyotaworld.com ???
I think those are the the Hilux Pickup, and they won't work.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xSLICKx
I'm with 2wheelBLACKOUT. You guys could make this alot less painful if you all bought Honda Civics. I'm pretty shure you can buy civic tail lights at walmart. This should solve all of your problems.
Why don't YOU get a Cavalier instead dumbass! Idiots like you, judge all Honda owners as ricers, just because we drive Hondas..not all Civics are rice moron.

Last edited by Vato Loco; 05-08-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Contributing Member

Kinda like these. The should be tottally leagal whare my clears arn't plus nobody in the U.S. has them on their 4runner.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...547906747&rd=1
Old 05-08-2005, 02:03 PM

Wow! Those clears are like my tail lights but clear... They have backup lights!

I'll be looking at that auction...

David
Old 05-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Contributing Member

Check these out http://www.powerfuluk.com/Toyota_Hil...ear_Lights.htm I called the guy at the shop in the UK (ask for Simon) and he said there not the best quality but they will fit.
As for the quality, i believe its nothing different than the ALL clear lights that bikeformiles has.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:28 PM

Miles...those red/clear ones are exactly what I want!! They look so sweet!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

http://www.powerfuluk.com/Toyota_Hil...ear_Lights.htm
Old 05-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rocket
Check these out http://www.powerfuluk.com/Toyota_Hil...ear_Lights.htm I called the guy at the shop in the UK (ask for Simon) and he said there not the best quality but they will fit.
As for the quality, i believe its nothing different than the ALL clear lights that bikeformiles has.
As far as quality goes, the come paint came off the edges of my clears and I have re srayed them twice now. Certainly not stock quality on the paint but the body it's self is no diferent than stock.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:39 PM

Randomness, thanks for the spell check DUDE
Old 05-08-2005, 11:08 PM

Vato Loco,
Along with my 96 4runner I own a 93 civic hatch. My car is black with black 16's on it. It's clean and simple, with stock lenses all around and nothing but a stock chin spoiler like yours. Sorry if you thought I was "judging" you, but my rice comment was concerning my hate for clear tail lights. Oh ya, and your car is sweet, moron.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Contributing Member

"XslickX" your more of an idiot than i first thought. I wasnt going to say anything untill i saw your last comment but, why dont you reread your first moronic post and try to comprehend why anyone said something to you? You sound off with a newbie and offensive comment about clear lights and expect nothing in return??? Seriously, who do you think you are? For one, do you even know what a 2nd gen 4Runner is?? Obviously they have horrible looking factory tail lights so wtf is wrong with someone wanting something DIFFERENT?! It seems to me your just a pansy that thinks your above the rest with your so-called "96" tail lights. Try owning a '90-'95- and then say something as pathetic as.... "concerning my hate for clear tail lights".
That statement sounds like you have some mental retardation judgement. Think before you open those loose lips again. Having 'hate' over clear tail lights is about the most moronic thing ive ever heard....especially coming from somebody that dosent have a clue as to why.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:49 AM
Contributing Member

IMO clears have been played out a bit with every other car but I do like the red with the clear part above it for the turn signals which makes it look more current with new cars.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Contributing Member

Yea, I agree too about clear lights being played out but were talking about a vehicle thats 10+ years old with stock tail lights that are 50% orange
In the case of a 2nd gen Runner, having clear (or better) tail lights is very far and few between.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:06 AM
Contributing Member

Just make sure you use red color bu;bs and that should avoid any issues with cops unless you live in Cali with the vehicle Nazis on patrol.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Na Na Na Na Na

I have the clear lights, Bought mine off ebay 4 years ago for UNDER $50.00

Id be willing to trade them for a SAS
Old 05-09-2005, 06:43 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rocket
"XslickX" your more of an idiot than i first thought. I wasnt going to say anything untill i saw your last comment but, why dont you reread your first moronic post and try to comprehend why anyone said something to you? You sound off with a newbie and offensive comment about clear lights and expect nothing in return??? Seriously, who do you think you are? For one, do you even know what a 2nd gen 4Runner is?? Obviously they have horrible looking factory tail lights so wtf is wrong with someone wanting something DIFFERENT?! It seems to me your just a pansy that thinks your above the rest with your so-called "96" tail lights. Try owning a '90-'95- and then say something as pathetic as.... "concerning my hate for clear tail lights".
That statement sounds like you have some mental retardation judgement. Think before you open those loose lips again. Having 'hate' over clear tail lights is about the most moronic thing ive ever heard....especially coming from somebody that dosent have a clue as to why.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:52 PM

Vato Loco,
Along with my 96 4runner I own a 93 civic hatch. My car is black with black 16's on it. It's clean and simple, with stock lenses all around and nothing but a stock chin spoiler like yours. Sorry if you thought I was "judging" you, but my rice comment was concerning my hate for clear tail lights. Oh ya, and your car is sweet, moron.
Lucky for this guy he's on probably the nicest forum around. He hasn't even gotten a "˟˟˟˟ Noob" comment yet. Let me be the first to say it...˟˟˟˟ noob.

Can we get a ban on this clown?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:54 PM

Randomness, thanks for the spell check DUDE
You're welcome. You SURE needed it.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 05-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Randomness
Lucky for this guy he's on probably the nicest forum around. He hasn't even gotten a "˟˟˟˟ Noob" comment yet. Let me be the first to say it...˟˟˟˟ noob.

Can we get a ban on this clown?
couldnt have said it better myself.....
Old 05-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Randomness
Matt...I've never heard of that place, but just make sure that whatever you get, that they're either for a 2nd Gen Runner, or a Hilux Surf. You could always paint your tails all red. They look good, and they're only $3 bucks
That might not be a bad idea - $$-wise... But I can't rip your idea off... but then again - the clear tailights thing a lot of pepole want... maybe I should paint them all yellow - and be a little different j/k... $3 is WAY better than $114!!! Good call Randomness!

Quick Reply: looking for clear tailights