Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

legal question re: corner lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 09:10 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by desert whomper
my truck has blue bulbs all around except for the headlights and i have passed numerous cops, no problem, i live in cali by the way.

Now I'm obviously not one to toss stones at customizing <grin> but WHY do you want blue bulbs all around? WHat happens when some {pick any personal description - I choose "ditzy blonde"} slams on her brakes in front of you or turns in front of you in an intersection or rear-ends you and causes a wreck because she didn't see the universally recognizable turn signal or brake lights in the color they always have been and are supposed to be, or was confused by your flashing blue turn signals? THere is a really good reason why tails, turns, and brakes are color coded - we get conditioned to them and don't have to think about it - thus delaying our response times. I'm sorry, but I think you're wrong on that one - get legal indicator lights.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flamedx4
Now I'm obviously not one to toss stones at customizing <grin> but WHY do you want blue bulbs all around? WHat happens when some {pick any personal description - I choose "ditzy blonde"} slams on her brakes in front of you or turns in front of you in an intersection or rear-ends you and causes a wreck because she didn't see the universally recognizable turn signal or brake lights in the color they always have been and are supposed to be, or was confused by your flashing blue turn signals? THere is a really good reason why tails, turns, and brakes are color coded - we get conditioned to them and don't have to think about it - thus delaying our response times. I'm sorry, but I think you're wrong on that one - get legal indicator lights.
Wow, lots of opinions on this subject. I have to agree that all of the indicators lights should be of the proper colors set by DOT, however, I feel that side markers and front marker lights (non-turn signal) should be allowed to have different colors other than blue. My reasoning for this is that not all cars have side markers and are not required to.........not all cars have front marker lights (that are non-turn signal......I know that all have front markers and signals, but I'm talking about the one like on my celica that serve no purpose).

For us car guys, our vehicles express who we are.......we should be able to make them unique........Just stay legal.