Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

it's finally here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jacksonpt
People think I'm egotistical. But I'm not, I'm just better than everyone else.
same here, I raise my glass to that,
Old 07-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by keisur
and my wife thinks I'm crazy when we go to Chili's and I park in front of the window right next to a stock runner and our table happens to be right there at the same window, all I do is stare out the window in awe. Then when we go to the mall or grocery store I cruise the parking lot first looking for a stock 4runner to park next to. haha.
Funny thing.
I was at Universal Citywalk last weekend and parked on an empty side. When I came back a stock '02 Tacoma IDENTICAL in color and specs to what mine used to be was parked right next to me.

I thought my eyes were playing tricks
Kind of cool to see a direct comparison like that... not that I've had THAT many changes to it.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jacksonpt
hehe... I don't look for those types of spots, but if I can park next to another runner, or even a landcruiser, I will in a heartbeat - even if that spot is further away than other available spots. And I ALWAYS try to park somewhere where I can watch my rig. Unfortunately, my office has no windows, so my rig has to fend for itself all day.
That's the same thing, you do look for them you just don't realize it, .

my office has an armed guard in the parking deck so if somebody tries to get in my runner, their going to be air conditioned quickly.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:13 AM

WOOHOO!! JUST checked my ship date, and it says TODAY!!!
WOOHOO!!!!! I will be posting pics asap! I can't wait! I don't even want to go to class!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by INsr5runner
WOOHOO!! JUST checked my ship date, and it says TODAY!!!
WOOHOO!!!!! I will be posting pics asap! I can't wait! I don't even want to go to class!!!
skip class, one day won't kill you.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:24 AM

yeah but I ditched yesterday to look at puppies

plus its only 1 hour long
AAAAAH! on the other hand, I still haven't eaten lunch yet...
Old 07-10-2003, 10:25 AM

AARRRRRRRGH... this waiting is killing me. I've already read the instructions 100 times (there's not much to read, pretty straight forward)... I want to get this thing on and broken in. Fortunately, I've got a meeting in 5 minutes that should last about till the end of my work day. That'll get my mind of the bumper... at least for 10 minutes anyways.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:28 AM

yeah but I ditched yesterday...
Please, that's no excuse. Read the text book, and find out what notes you missed. Unless it's a test day (or possibly a review for a test), any class can be skipped. Hell, my psych class I skipped twice a week (it met 3 times a week) all semester, and I still got a A in the class. Obviously, attendance wasn't monitored though.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

Whew I feel much better now

Parking next to stock Runners

Looking over the should when walking away..

I do the same stuff and though I had lost it.. haha Guess not!! The best is when I go on 2-3 week work trips and come back to my Runner sitting there.. it looks really good then!
Old 07-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

You could always search online for a pic of a 4runner that looks like yours, download it, use a picture program and "draw" a TJM onto it.

That should keep your attention for a while.
WARNING: it may INCREASE the need to go home after you are done!
Old 07-10-2003, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by UKMyers
Whew I feel much better now

Parking next to stock Runners

Looking over the should when walking away..

I do the same stuff and though I had lost it.. haha Guess not!! The best is when I go on 2-3 week work trips and come back to my Runner sitting there.. it looks really good then!
hahaha I ALWAYS park next to the runners, assuming there is an open space next to them
Old 07-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Contributing Member

hahaha I ALWAYS park next to the runners, assuming there is an open space next to them
For me it depends what's parked next to them, if it's a rice burner, well, it becomes my parkering block.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:30 AM
Contributing Member

I like parking next to grocery grabber SUV's too. It degrades them to nothing more than a station wagon.

This past weekend I helped my friend intall a 2" lift on his 98 Cherokee Sport. When we finally finished, he backed it out of my garage and my 4Runner happened to be parked right next to it. He got out of his Jeep to take a look. I looked at his Jeep and said "It looks really good man". Then I saw him looking at his Jeep and then he glanced at the 4Runner and said "yeah but it would look much better if it wasn't parked next to your truck." :pat: I couldn't argue with that. And the TJM puts the icing on the cake.
Enjoy Jacksonpt! Get those pics up right away and don't forget to send one to Mad Chemist for the collage.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:30 AM

I too am guilty of looking over my shoulder as I walk away from the 4runner. And i also try and park next to other 4runners or toyotas. SOmetimes the owner is there when i come out of wherever I am and starts asking questions about my truck. I kinda like having something that makes people ask questions,
Old 07-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

When I went to lake Havasu and I was out on the water I would start telling all my friends from like 100 yards out "Hey look there's my truck being all sexy and stuff" Then we'd get to shore and I start with my "Dang, that's a sick truck". My girlfried says I love my truck more than her. I just change the subject.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by runnerboy97
I too am guilty of looking over my shoulder as I walk away from the 4runner. And i also try and park next to other 4runners or toyotas. SOmetimes the owner is there when i come out of wherever I am and starts asking questions about my truck. I kinda like having something that makes people ask questions,
you're lucky. people here in Texas, or at least Houston, are "too good" to even acknowledge your existance, I know they look though, they just won't talk unless you have a Texas A&M or Texas alumni sticker on the back. bunch of snooty plicks here. by the way, A&M stands for Azz Munch.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Rayday81
Then we'd get to shore and I start with my "Dang, that's a sick truck". My girlfried says I love my truck more than her. I just change the subject.
yep, I say to my wife everytime we start walking back to the car "dam, that's a bad-azz 4runner, the dude who owns it must know what the he-ll he's doing! He must get all the chicks!" then she slaps me.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A&M???

Franny WHO?

Is that the guy that went to that other cow college down the road?

RTR!
Old 07-10-2003, 12:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by bamachem
A&M???

Franny WHO?

Is that the guy that went to that other cow college down the road?

RTR!
yea, you know where he came from to... my alma! batsterd traiter!!
Old 07-10-2003, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by TStango
I like parking next to grocery grabber SUV's too. It degrades them to nothing more than a station wagon.

This past weekend I helped my friend intall a 2" lift on his 98 Cherokee Sport. When we finally finished, he backed it out of my garage and my 4Runner happened to be parked right next to it. He got out of his Jeep to take a look. I looked at his Jeep and said "It looks really good man". Then I saw him looking at his Jeep and then he glanced at the 4Runner and said "yeah but it would look much better if it wasn't parked next to your truck." :pat: I couldn't argue with that. And the TJM puts the icing on the cake.
Enjoy Jacksonpt! Get those pics up right away and don't forget to send one to Mad Chemist for the collage.

I LOVE parking next to Heeps and making them look small!!

Back on the subject of TJMs, I think I am gonna have shackle hangers welded up to mine too. I tried calling Rockstomper a couple times, but their line was off the hook. I know they make shcakle hangers, I think Downey does too. I might shoot them a call...

1 more thing, back from class, and still NO TJM :cry: I have to go to work at 7 tonight, so I don't think I will be installing today even if I get it!:pat:

Quick Reply: it's finally here!!!