Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Invisible Plates

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Invisible Plates

As UKMyers said, they use a lot of Speed / Stop Light cameras here in the UK, I have seen plates that are supposed to be invisible to cameras, but they do not work visitTHIS site for more info.

Regards

Kerr
Old 11-28-2002, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I sthat your truck in the picture? What happened?
Old 11-28-2002, 09:24 PM
Contributing Member

4runner diped in chocolate

nice pic!:eek: talk about deep!
David
Old 11-29-2002, 08:50 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by WildYoat:
Check this site out!- www.Loover.com
They have license plate holders that stop Photo radar cameras! They are free and you pay $15 for the shipping. I'm odering one, and I'll let you know how it goes!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Besttoyer (Me) I replied

I have this one and it looks better 6 mos on 2 vechiles no problems

http://www.ontrackcorp.com/super-protector.ihtml

do not recomend this one below, blocks too too much you will get tagged:

http://www.ontrackcorp.com/total-eclipse.ihtml

buy from this guy, he is a ex cop ,
http://www.laserbusters.com/protector_super.asp
great customer service, need to tell him what State as CA has offset plates.

But I was put in my place as well with:

when "stock87" replied...

I have the ultimate solution... and its free!

MUD!

so we all have opinions!!!
check out :
http://www.4x4wire.com/ubb/ultimateb...;f=11;t=008853
Old 12-06-2002, 02:53 PM

In Arkansas were I keep my vehicle registered, you are allowed to use tinted plates, so I took one flat dark tinted plate and glued it into another tinted plate. You can hardly read the plate from 10 feet away, much less from a camera on a poll.
I've been pulled over twice for the plates, but that was up in Boston, where tinted plates are illegal. When they pull me over,k they've always apologized, because they though I was from MA. One cop did complain that he couldn't read the plate unless he was right on my bumper.
Adam
Old 12-06-2002, 05:42 PM

There is another way to protect yourself from getting tickets. DON'T RUN RED LIGHTS!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 11:29 PM

Originally posted by needamog
There is another way to protect yourself from getting tickets. DON'T RUN RED LIGHTS!!!!!!
these photo radar are not just for red lights runners etc, hey I am all for saftey, most are for speed, set at 2 miles over and at sneeky places, like a down hil curb things like that and subjuct to radars quirks , they serve as judge and jury and are on thin legal and constutional line, you have the right to confront your acuser, how do you confront and cross examine a machine? The whole thing is too big brother for me, and not much to do with saftey than revenue...here it is used in crowded urban areas, where more than 10,000 cars per day go by, the numbers game adds up.Not trying to make anyones State better of little or belittle, but, the 405 freeway on a work day in 12-15 hours has probally as many as there is cars in NM, I have to live here for now, that is for now..., You live in a beautyful State, enjoy, The economical factor keeps me here, the 8th largest economy in the world, a larger Economy than China, so again for now, I amd my stomach asid put up with it....

By the way take some time to explore the UK website posted in the orgional post, very cool info!!

IMHO
but in the country we live in, thank God, we all can have diferent opinions and still have the same goals and morality... Happy Holidays to all!

Last edited by BestToyer; 12-06-2002 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:21 AM

The guys that run these Camera's are very crooked. There were a couple of news articles this last year in the Wall Stree Journal, discussing how they keep changing the time on the camera's and the lenght of time the lights stay yellow in order to maximize revenue. They aren't interested in the safety of the public. As a matter of fact, I read another article that shows that accidents at intersection that install these camera's and give people notice had increased as a result, because of people stopping short and getting nailed from behind.