Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intresting Air Filter video

I found it enlightening.
Filter Video
Old 06-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Contributing Member

Sounds like an Amsoil filter...
I do like the idea of a built-in filter replacement indicator.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:09 AM
Contributing Member

Looks like a Tornado Fuel Saver infomercial.

Anyone else notice the frist listed "testimonial".....
"I have had the True Flow system on my 2001 Toyota 4 Runner for a few months now and the difference over the OEM system is day and night - much better fuel economy and a BIG difference in acceleration. Prior to the True Flow system, I had a K&N drop in filter installed and after a short while I would notice dirt behind the filter on the air box. With the True Flow, there is absolutely no dirt behind the filter whatsoever and used oil analysis performed on this engine have shown very low silicon (dirt) ingestion. Being a mechanic, I was very skeptical at first, but now I am a firm believer in the True Flow system."

Christopher Sideris

Sounds like a classic! "BIG difference in acceleration"

give me a break! HAHA
Old 06-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

Kinda like the stuff that was showing you could run w/o oil in your truck and they had a demo of a guy spraying a hose on the exposed crankcase of a running engine and seein the faces of amazed supposed car guys and mechanics. Duh,if you continue spraying cold water on the rotating assembly continuously it obviously never gets hot thus producing no friction so it of course would continue to run. My dad pointed that out immediatly when he saw the commercial way back when.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:56 AM

Damn good point there, "X-AWDriver"
Old 06-19-2005, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by rocket

"I have had the True Flow system on my 2001 Toyota 4 Runner for a few months now and the difference over the OEM system is day and night - much better fuel economy and a BIG difference in acceleration. Prior to the True Flow system, I had a K&N drop in filter installed and after a short while I would notice dirt behind the filter on the air box. With the True Flow, there is absolutely no dirt behind the filter whatsoever and used oil analysis performed on this engine have shown very low silicon (dirt) ingestion. Being a mechanic, I was very skeptical at first, but now I am a firm believer in the True Flow system."

Christopher Sideris

give me a break! HAHA
Hehe we also have people so wrapped up in cosmetics and unfounded crap on this board its sick. They can feel the difference in motor oil or 3" air intake elbows or chroms muffler tips. I would venture I probably have one of the most highly modified 3.0's on the board (if thats even possible?) and the information to back it up. I can honestly say a fair portion of the performance discussion on this forum when it comes to 3.0's is complete crap.
ISR Mod on a 3.0?
K&N filter giving performance increases on a 3.0?
People talking about back pressure in exhaust systems like its a good thing?
Cmon we know most of it is to be taken with a grain of salt...

I guess my point is people who make testimonials are a dime a dozen. lets face it... Stupid people spend money with less reserve than smart people so they need to cater to every one not just well informed motor heads. I would just about bet that stupid testimonials make them more money than well worded fact based testimonials.

After re-reading the testimonial I find there may be some founded merit to it. Its a 2001 runner using a "True Flow System" indicating some sort of FIPK or alternate intake system. There are a few people on this board that have actually run dyno numbers for 3.4 mods especially in the intake modification area. I recall reading some numbers for things like a deck plate mode and the ISR changes for the 3.4 that proved some reasonable and very real HP increases on the dyno. If indeed this person making the testimonial is running an alternate True Flow intake system (Much like a K&N FIPK) on his 01 3.4 is it so hard to believe that there really is an increase in performance? After seeing Dyno numbers for lesser intake mods I dont find it hard to believe at all.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rocket

Christopher Sideris

give me a break! HAHA
well i believe that it filters better then the K&N for sure. I had alot of silica problems with the k&n drop in.

HP wise...I dunno. The K&n fipk had like a 3 hp gain. So I doubt it had any feelable HP gains. But he didnt say he did either...
Old 06-19-2005, 09:24 PM

I remember reading somwhere on this fourm of some one having a dyno day and for kicks they tested the deckplate mode both in and out showing 7hp if IIRC.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Contributing Member

You're right...the dyno showed a 7hp gain from doing the deckplate mod...which is why I'm off to Lowe's right now to get the supplies!

Fink
Old 06-20-2005, 03:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ganoid
I remember reading somwhere on this fourm of some one having a dyno day and for kicks they tested the deckplate mode both in and out showing 7hp if IIRC.
Present and accounted for.

There were a couple of people that showed their dyno numbers in that other thread.