Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

If you want a good laugh read this !

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chitrod, its explorerforum.com
go there and talk about 4Runners, you will be banned very fast. I've been banned there atleast 4 times on 4 different names
Old 05-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Contributing Member

I was a Ford Mechanic. I wouldn't ever buy a Taurus, Continental, well pretty much any of their cars (Mustang SVT Cobra excluded).

I do like their trucks, If I was forced to to buy an American-made truck, I would buy an F-series way before getting a GM or Dodge product. I had a 94 Ranger and it was a really good truck (maybe it was all the Mazda parts in it).

My wife had an 97 Explorer EB, and I had my 97 4Runner. Well when it came down to selling one, the EXP got the boot. They are way too low, and it didn't feel as well made as the 4Runner.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:41 AM

LOL. I just purchased a '92 Runner w/ 150k miles! It runs great, everything is perfect. The mechanic said "just keep maintaining it like it has been - this truck will go 300k no problem".

I always have to laugh at these people who say you need a new vehicle 'cause the old one is "too expensive to maintain". I drove a very old Honda CRX for years with people telling me that. I probably averaged $700 per year in maintenance INCLUDING oil changes, tires, etc. Some years more (new set of tires), some years less. My insurance - liability only - was $250 per year. Registration was like $25. So not including gas I spent less than $1000. Depreciatiuon was nearly zero over the last few years.

So We had a baby and my wife said I had to get a car w/ A/C and 4 seats for the family. So I bought a Subaru WRX. At $23k, it's actually pretty cheap relative to most cars on the road. My payment is nearly $400 per MONTH, insurance is $1100 per year, registration is like $200.....and I still have to do oil changes, tires, etc, etc. Depreciation so far has been something around $2000 per year (not sure exactly what it's worth though)! Now tell me this: how the heck is that cheaper than driving my CRX? Must be that new math.....

Chris
Old 05-28-2003, 10:46 AM

Sorry - that last post was a bit off topic. I have a (distant) relative who owns some of the biggest car dealerships in Detroit, and by extension the World. They do a ton of fleet sales almost like they were an arm of the Big 3 manufacturers. He rates Dodge the best, but says they all basically design the vehicles to go 75k miles. Anything you get beyond that is gravy. A Toyota is designed to go 300k! Detroits idea is that they sell more by forcing people to turn over the vehicles. I figure Toyota does just as well (not counting the "partriot" factor) 'cause everyone KNOWS a Toyota will go forever. It's just a fact. Most of the Japanese manufacturers look at it that way as well.

Chris
Old 05-28-2003, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by denverbikeguy
Um. ... k.

in english this time?

ok wait I just figured out what you were talking about. heh.

Just read that myself it is kinda hard to understand. I noticed I had a few words in there that don't belong, guess that's what happens when you try typing when you are to tired to think about what you are typing. But I was comparing Toyota to people and Ford to dogs 1 Ford year is equal to 7 Toyota years.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by denverbikeguy
Um. ... k.

in english this time?

ok wait I just figured out what you were talking about. heh.

Just read that myself it is kinda hard to understand. I noticed I had a few words in there that don't belong, guess that's what happens when you try typing when you are to tired to think about what you are typing. But I was comparing Toyota to people and Ford to dogs 1 Ford year is equal to 7 Toyota years.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by EClayton08
Chitrod, its explorerforum.com
go there and talk about 4Runners, you will be banned very fast. I've been banned there atleast 4 times on 4 different names
Alright i've put several posts up on that site today, lets see if they contact me about any of them. I don't know what i did wrong I mean one guy said his engine is giving him trouble I thought i'd help out by telling him not to bother replacing it and to just save his money and buy a Japanese SUV
Old 05-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

Oh, I get it. I didn't understand that at all.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:47 PM

Go to this link:

http://business.udmercy.edu/~merendbr/stuck/stuck.htm

I was reading around the forum and found this:

"Actually, if the Explorer never existed, 80% of the other similar SUVs wouldnt either

The 'Splorer paved the way!"

Old 05-28-2003, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by Vato Loco
Go to this link:

http://business.udmercy.edu/~merendbr/stuck/stuck.htm

I was reading around the forum and found this:

"Actually, if the Explorer never existed, 80% of the other similar SUVs wouldnt either

The 'Splorer paved the way!"

Yeah i saw that too I just went back i had to post my reply to that.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:04 PM

http://explorerforum.com/forums/show...hlight=4runner

Old 05-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Contributing Member

This was my favorite line of all:

"The trannies are 8x better. The motor is 30 years in the making. And theres no xcase to screw up. And 4Runners can only gaze up at the top mountain where these Explorers stand in comparison."

Huh, that's funny... I usually do gaze up at whatever guy in my group decided to run his exploder up the hill, right up to the point where I take out the tow strap and go pull his lifted exploder out of whatever he got himself into with my stock 'yota...

These people really are poor misguided souls aren't they... *sigh* if they only knew...

If I buy a truck I may get an F250 superduty, only because they are burly as hell and that diesel will run forever, but that's the only Ford I would consider. (And if I buy a truck, no the Tundra won't work since I'd be getting it to pull a 30' trailer through the mountains - though I had a Tundra and loved it!)
Old 05-28-2003, 05:39 PM

this one is classic
"All I know is all that I've ridden in feel like crap and hydroplane easily." What does that have to do with the car hydroplaning is 90% a combo of driver and tire, and we know what good tires explores come with.

or there is
"I know they are gutless wonders. At least the pre '98 (I think) ones are. The only cool thing about them is the back window rolls down. Why don't you tell your brother to just get an Explorer?!"

My aunt's had two explorers and they aren't a monster as far as power's concerned.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:50 PM

Go in there and sign up then look for almostabronco under members thats me and you can back me when i bash fords. I don't know why i picked that name, i think because thas what an explore is it's amost a bronco and thats the best it's got going for it.

How long do ya'll give me before i get banned from that site?

Last edited by ChitRod; 05-28-2003 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:53 PM

Chitrod if you want to get banned heres what you do. Make a post Why 4Runners kick Explorers ass and give reasons, you will get in a pissing match with everyone there and once rick sees Explorers can't hang w/ 4Runners, wal-la, your banned
Old 05-28-2003, 05:58 PM

I'm trying to go about it subtly, hoping somone in these many posts will report me like a baby.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:00 PM

Where do you guys post in the explorer forum? I signed up as JDM 4Runner
Old 05-28-2003, 06:03 PM

My name is JSA something, its my 5th name.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:30 PM

Mine is AlmostaBronco. Oh and I actually asked if explorers were reliable and said i'm worried about that and someone told me to buy a 4runner.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

I have a feeling that this is going to be hilarious. And, yet another never ending thread. How could anybody in their right mind argue that a Ford Explorer is a superior vehicle to a 4Runner? It friggin' common sense, the Toyota is just a better truck. Stupid people suck. Mr. T pity's the fools at explorerforum.com

Quick Reply: If you want a good laugh read this !