Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

If you need new wiper blades, they are awesome...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:33 AM
NHS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use honda wipers, since I work at a honda dealer in parts I found some blades that fit on. They work awesome and are very cheap too buy. If you guys want the honda part number this is what I used. 76630-SH3-G11 for both sides they retail for 11.07 each, but cost me 7.30 each. Then I can buy inserts here on out for 2.90 each. I used a 97-01 Honda CR-V rear blade that fits perfect. Honda number on that is 76730-S10-A02 and retail for 13.91

Just some more options for you guys.

Last edited by NHS; 09-05-2007 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No offense to the guys that either currelty run the PIAA blades or have used them in the past and love them, but I had a set on my previous '95 4Runner and they gave out within 6-8mons. For the amount of money I paid for them through Performance Prod, they should have lasted years. Even in their prime, they didn't seem to outshine any other brand of blade I have used.

The current set of oem blades I have on my '02, are still going strong after a 1.5yrs of use. Should be able to get at least another .5 yrs out of them. Therefore, I plan to stick with oem blades.

No blade is going to last forever. IMO, there's no point in paying that much for something that is so disposable.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
92-02 4Runner

03-08 4Runner

These blades have been working awesome for me, and I've yet to find a better blade.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rock Slide

No blade is going to last forever. IMO, there's no point in paying that much for something that is so disposable.
Seriously. Who the hell would blow money on something that might last a little more than a year at best. $7 silicone blades from Walmart were a stretch for me.

There's far better stuff you could point that money towards that would benefit the truck much better.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Contributing Member

For something that works, it isn't much when you think about it. I've been selling these for about 3 years, and havn't even sold refills to anyone yet. The refills are cheap, but you have to buy the full blade set the 1st time around. I will guarantee anyone that tries these will agree that they clean better than anything, don't squeak, and will last. The best part is the built in rainx in the blade. Just run the blades dry to recoat the windshield. I'm sure others will chime in.

Here you can read about other people that have these same blades. Real word testimonials are priceless.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthr...highlight=piaa

Last edited by Jason B; 12-02-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:44 PM

$40 cost, that is freaking Nuts for a seasonal replacement part as such.

I am cheap and just rub mine down w/ alcohol and keep going.

But it does say PIAA on it. So that makes it worth it
Old 12-03-2008, 01:17 PM

I think paying so much for blades is about as smart as buying bottled water....

Did you also know that the Coke machines at the stores triple filter their water!!

You can get a big ol bucket of ultra purified water for like .25-.50 cents

I know expensive wipers are just snake oil....Sorry but its true
Old 12-03-2008, 01:24 PM

Dont froget the PIAA logo adds 10hp No but seriously when i use to roll VW we allways ran those because we got them cheap and they were really that good
Old 12-03-2008, 01:28 PM

no thanks
Old 12-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Contributing Member

Ok, for those people that say that better blades don't last longer i don't have these particular blades but i have the silblades (silicone blades with a 5 year waranty). I have had them for a year now and they still work like new. Usualy i have to replace them after every summer.

And if they do stop working i can get new ones from free (they do stand behind the waranty).

So yes paying more for wipers can pay off. particularly those that live in hot dry ares like me.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:53 PM

I got some fancy Bosch blades (can't remember the name) a year ago when a local parts store offered me $20 off. They've worked great all year and are working like new with our most recent snowfall. I hate changing blades/refills and I really hate discovering that I need to when I most need properly operating blades. So I like the higher end wipers for convenience and quality. Not sure I'd pay what those PIAA units cost, though.

MadCityRich
Old 12-03-2008, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jason B
For something that works, it isn't much when you think about it. I've been selling these for about 3 years, and havn't even sold refills to anyone yet. The refills are cheap, but you have to buy the full blade set the 1st time around. I will guarantee anyone that tries these will agree that they clean better than anything, don't squeak, and will last. The best part is the built in rainx in the blade. Just run the blades dry to recoat the windshield. I'm sure others will chime in.

Here you can read about other people that have these same blades. Real word testimonials are priceless.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthr...highlight=piaa
Good for you. But you can find a pair of something comparable for 1/3 the price of these ricer wipers and have enough left over for an Amsoil oil change.

And why is everything so overpriced on your site? I suppose if you had to have these "wonder blades" you could find them for $15 cheaper on Amazon.

Good call on the link to a members only rice site. I'm sure their expert testimonial would really sway someone on the fence about these things.

Last edited by Midget96; 12-03-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Contributing Member

I can link to about 5 other forums with praises all day long. I guess I'll dig up the links. And the best thing is, if something fails, I'll send you a new set FREE. With anything, sometimes I'm sure there could be a bum set, but I've sold way too many. I like products that last and keep people happy.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:05 PM

I picked up a set of PIAA's for mine a few weeks back and so far i have been very impressed. I will say that i didn't pay anywhere near retail, and for the rear window i ordered just the insert and it fit perfect w/ the arm that was all ready installed, so that saved me some more money that what the full wiper would have cost had the application been available for the 4runner.

IF i were on here trying to sell these i think the first step would be to install a PIAA on one side and a NEW factory on the other side and do some video on a rainy day. Testimonies are great and all but people usually like to see some proof.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:56 AM

Is there a rule about vendors trying to sell stuff in a technical forum?

If not there should be...
Old 12-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Compressed
Is there a rule about vendors trying to sell stuff in a technical forum?

If not there should be...
Actually yes, they are allowed to, to an extent.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:03 PM

i like the bosch icons myself
Old 12-06-2008, 12:03 AM

Bosch Evolution blades run about $10 per blade from Amazon.com (free shipping included) and are one of the best premium blades.

Jason, I've purchased staff from you before, but $40 per blade is honestly way too much. Even it says PIAA on them. Sorry man...

Last edited by Andrey; 12-06-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Midget96
Seriously. Who the hell would blow money on something that might last a little more than a year at best. $7 silicone blades from Walmart were a stretch for me.

There's far better stuff you could point that money towards that would benefit the truck much better.
Actually, living in a rainy place (Vancouver) I've spent money on these and have them on most of my cars. The exception is the sunny day car.

They work very well. It's like Snap-On, Tupperware, or Toyota. There are imitators, but it's not as good as the real thing.

Would you drive a vehicle that LOOKED like a toyota for 1/3 the price, if it was only 1/3 as strong? You'd be driving a Jeep instead of an FJ40.

For places that don't rain much, or whatever, stock wipers and refills will work fine. But right now it gets dark at 5pm and rains more often than not. I like my bright headlights, and PIAA wipers.

Cheers.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:54 AM

So, they work good?
so do my $7 walmart ones

i really dont get why anyone would get this. its like spending $40 on batteries for your remote that will last a little longer than the normal ones.

Quick Reply: If you need new wiper blades, they are awesome...