95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I got back from the dealer at 9:30pm tonight...Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Bob_98SR5
Steve,

Glad to hear you got it resolved. Just let them know that you don't want the same mechanic ever working on your vehicle and that you have the letter sitting and waiting to be dropped in a mailbox if you ever experience nothing less than 100% customer satisfaction at that dealership.

Bob
ooh...
that's good.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:17 AM

Sounds like the dealer is trying to do the right thing. You should definetly shoot a letter off to Toyota USA though. Don't wait. They need to have a record of your concern as well as something on file should the dealer back out on his end. Did the dealer give the warranty in writing? If not, I'd get one. If you don't want to write a whole new letter, just send off a copy of the one you sent to the dealer, but don't wait any longer. Sent it today.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:48 AM

Sorry to hear about another bad dealership story, Steve. Glad you have it (or are close to having it) resolved.

I don't know how Toyota USA is, but Toyota Canada is useless. When I had problems with Mayfield Toyota I contacted Toyota Canada and they basically said:

We here at Toyota Canada do our best to ensure excellence in customer service and blah blah blah.

I said:

Well, Mayfield Toyota has horrible, untolerable service and this is why: item#1 item#2 item#3 and so forth

They said:

Well although we pride ourselves in providing the best in service, each of our dealerships are individually owned and it's up to the owners to ensure they provide good service. We can't step in as they are not owned directly by us.

So...they ensure excellent CS and press that on their dealerships, but the dealerships are privately-owned so they really don't have jurisdiction to make anything happen... You see the loop I'm getting at? Who is it that actually provides this excellent customer service, the water cooler? Cause I sure as s**t ain't feelin' the love...

Al

Last edited by HBoss; 05-14-2003 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:56 AM

Originally posted by HBoss
Sorry to hear about another bad dealership story, Steve. Glad you have it (or are close to having it) resolved.

I don't know how Toyota USA is, but Toyota Canada is useless. When I had problems with Mayfield Toyota I contacted Toyota Canada and they basically said:

We here at Toyota Canada do our best to ensure excellence in customer service and blah blah blah.

I said:

Well, Mayfield Toyota has horrible, untolerable service and this is why: item#1 item#2 item#3 and so forth

They said:

Well although we pride ourselves in providing the best in service, each of our dealerships are individually owned and it's up to the owners to ensure they provide good service. We can't step in as they are not owned directly by us.

So...they ensure excellent CS and press that on their dealerships, but the dealerships are privately-owned so they really don't have jurisdiction to make anything happen... You see the loop I'm getting at? Who is it that actually provides this excellent customer service, the water cooler? Cause I sure as s**t ain't feelin' the love...

Al
I think it's a bit different here in the states. I have had a few dealings with Toyota USA and found them to be nothing short of excellent. They even paid for a $680 repair on my truck that should have been a recall but wasn't. If nothing else, sending a letter gets something on file so if there are future problems, they can look back and see when it started.

I also know here in the states that a car dealer can lose the flag he's flying. Here on Long Island awhile back a Chevy dealership lost his flag because of poor CS and a few other things. Although they are individually owned, they are watched by big brother.