Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

How to wire up back up lights???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its true I was being lazy and I admit it. I did read your write up and it was great!!! I understand there are many ways to wiring up lights and I was just confused on how Cynicx wired up his. And if you read that post right I asked Cynicx how he did it. I just don't like how Waskilly came at me. I don't even care anymore I don't want to argue over anything stupid! This thread is OVER!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by garrett1478
Oh yeah. I agree with you. This kit was just a wiring kit, no lights included. Would save someone time trying to figure it out and installing.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:41 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JRunner90
Man Waskilly, I don't know why your being a dick for, is it just one of those days of the month?? You didn't have too leave a comment on this thread anyways, didn't your Mama teach you anything, if you don't got anything good to say, don't say it at all!!!
The links I posted had a detailed PDF how to wire up reverse lights and on the other thread there were PDFs on how to wire up just about any kind of lights, just like Cynicx was talking about.

You want to learn something...go visit on www.pirate4x4.com and ask a question in the forums. They have lots of information for noobs like you.

As for me being a "dick" as you say and inferring I have PMS, you need to work on the poorly mixed metaphors. I simply deduced from what you admitted, that you were being lazy, which you later admitted...the truth stings huh?

As for me commenting on your thread, you asked the question, I provided more than one answer several times, as did several others. If you don't like me commenting on your threads either don't post anymore or put me on your ignore list. Either way, stop being a , grow up, quit being so lazy and learn to seach for yourself noob.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 10-09-2005 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dr.Feelgood
Oh yeah. I agree with you. This kit was just a wiring kit, no lights included. Would save someone time trying to figure it out and installing.
looks like i need to read stuff closer too :pat:
Old 10-11-2005, 10:49 AM

Well, One thing is for sure. If people are going to keep mouthing off to a person for asking a few questions that have already been answered then they are just going to go to a friendlier site.
Just about every question you can think of has been already asked at one time or another on here so maybe this site should just have a search site and no other forms at all. Let's see how happy that makes the advertisers on here.
Don't mean to get on anyone here but every time I come on this site I see somone pictching a hissy fit over a question that's being asked. If you look you will see many questions that are still being asked and answered but for some reason every now and then someone has to pick out one to bitch about.If your tired of answering the same questions then don't do it and just move on without the sarcastic comments. That's real easy and a no brainer for most. Mike
Old 10-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Advertisers? There are no advertisers here.

I've stopped replying to repeat threads, as have a lot of the more knowledgable people here. What ends up happening is noobs answer and give the wrong info, sometimes dangerous info.

I figure it's darwinism at work. If people are too lazy to search and they end up with the wrong answer, it's their own damn fault.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:34 PM

I figure it's darwinism at work. If people are too lazy to search and they end up with the wrong answer, it's their own damn fault.
As for no advertisers on this site you better open your own forms and take another look. In the mean time I'll keep my mouth shut and bow to the powers that be and the one who is smarter than all others in the land. What a joke, Mike
Old 10-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by CynicX
i spent 15 minutes drawing a wiring diagram in text on how to wire this. But for some reason it doesnt come out right. It reduces all my spaces to a single space..
Try to use Courier font for that.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beartracker
Well, One thing is for sure. If people are going to keep mouthing off to a person for asking a few questions that have already been answered then they are just going to go to a friendlier site.
If you would stop long enough to take your head out of your Claven and actually read the whole thread, you'd notice that all those who replied to this repeat question were more than accomodating, so much so that he was provided with several links and answers to his question, which he admittedly never bothered to look at until he was called on it. He also even admitted he was too lazy to bother to search.

Just about every question you can think of has been already asked at one time or another on here so maybe this site should just have a search site and no other forms at all.

Let's see how happy that makes the advertisers on here.
You've still got your head in your Claven as Yotatech has no advertisers, banners, spam, etc.

Don't mean to get on anyone here but every time I come on this site I see somone pictching a hissy fit over a question that's being asked. If you look you will see many questions that are still being asked and answered but for some reason every now and then someone has to pick out one to bitch about.If your tired of answering the same questions then don't do it and just move on without the sarcastic comments. That's real easy and a no brainer for most. Mike
No one was giving him grief over asking a question, he was getting grief because it was blatantly obvious he never searched and admitted to being too lazy to do so and then he ignored answers that were spoonfed to him.

Looks like the super moderators are doing a great job and this one has a real good attitude. I can see why you are called a super moderater.
As for no advertisers on this site you better open your own forms and take another look. In the mean time I'll keep my mouth shut and bow to the powers that be and the one who is smarter than all others in the land. What a joke, Mike
You seem to be great at no-brainers Claven and not too good at following your own advice concerning sarcasm.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:20 PM

Brian, Who made you the keeper of this post?,Lol. Why do you feel you have to post twice? Did you get that idea from your buddy Claven? What an ignorant statement....Claven?? Grow up son.
By the way Claven, go look again at the vendors list and tell me how there's no advertiseing here. As for spam I don't believe I said a word about spam or banners.Out of respect for this site and the people on here who are willing to help others without having to go through all the garbage and name calling I'll back out of this post. You guy's have already managed to run off one person .

Last edited by Beartracker; 10-11-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Banned

Talking

Edited by Robinhood: Ah, you don't need to go there Brian...

Last edited by Robinhood150; 10-11-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:34 PM

I don't get whats so hard about this.....everyone now....S-E-A-R-C-H

Not difficult, Learn it, live it, love it.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Contributing Member

You guy's have already managed to run off one person
I've heard a couple references, but who left?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My original statements still stand and every word is true.

1. There are vendors who like to sell things here, but they are treated like any other member. They do not get any special treatment.

2. I've seen the blind lead the bling here, even this thread has false info (or at least not very good advice).

3. Meh.

Last edited by Robinhood150; 10-11-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:08 AM

How about we
Well, I know this thread is ancient but if you are looking for just about anything electrically for upgrades/mods to a vehicle try these guys.
Delcity.com
Prices are WAY cheaper & better quality than your local parts house and they have always shipped quick for me. Found then 15 years back when I built/installed heavy truck wrecker beds and have been in love ever since!
FYI you have a LOT of choices on here so take your time, ask questions if needed and make sure you are getting what you need when you order.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 AM

Right seriously old thread, none of the links work and its just bitching from the rabbit dude maybe someone will finally delete this? No good info in here anymore!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CynicX
i spent 15 minutes drawing a wiring diagram in text on how to wire this. But for some reason it doesn't come out right. It reduces all my spaces to a single space.
To correct that, you need to specify a fixed-width font, like Courier. Most other fonts are variable width.

OOPS, didn't realize this thread was very old. Can't seem to delete this post.
Oh well. Maybe someone can use this information.

Last edited by tantacoma; 05-29-2013 at 11:46 AM.