Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

How many people are looking for a lift?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would be game for some OME stuff and SAWS and the Revtek drop kit for the front differential.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any more takers before we see if we can find a retailer to "hook us up"
Old 07-25-2003, 06:17 AM

I tried pming mike and showed him a link to this thread. He read it.....................................but no reply
Old 07-25-2003, 06:18 AM

I'm in for the downey coils, that include the rear coils and limiting straps, in addition to the the OME N86 Firm shocks. I still can't figure out what I'm going to do up front. All I do know is that I definitely want the revtek diff drop spacer too.

Chris
Old 07-25-2003, 06:51 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by phat4rnr
I am interested in the pp springs. Unfortunately, they say they are unavailable for 2002.
This is not true. Another member here, ALBPM, has them on his 2002. They work just fine...
Old 07-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

Hey everyone, sorry I must have missed this thread...

As far as a group buy on OME, I would be happy to do it, however, you would literally save a couple dollars...Reason being is I am contractually obligated at this point to sell them for a fixed amount. ARB has finally put their foot down and have delegated the price at which we cannot go under.

I hope everyone understands that it is not my willingness to help, just my inability.

Always feel free to get in touch with me if there is something everyone is interested in, I will always do my best to help you guys out!

Regards,

Mike
Old 07-30-2003, 07:32 PM

That's understradable, Mike. I'm trying to decide what the optimum setup will be for me. I can't decide to go for the SAWS and Downeys for the optimal setup or save the money and go with the downeys and some OME shocks/springs in teh front? I can't decide yet, because I haven't read enough about the combinations and how they match up. I know I'm going with the Downeys and OME firms in the rear, and I'm buying them from you Mike, but as far as the front, I've yet to read enough about it, to decide yet. Any ideas or comments an anyone's current or previous setups would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old 07-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Chris, if you choose to run the Downey coils in the back, I would suggest using Bilstein Shocks versus OME...OME shocks are really designed to work with OME coils...Just a thought

As far as the front, I do not think you can go wrong with SAWs, however, they are fairly expensive...Your other option is to just do OME all around

Mike
Old 07-30-2003, 07:47 PM

Mike, I really don't want to go with the Bilsteins because they aren't as long as the OME firms, and I want max flex in the rear and the front.

I don't think I can swing the SAWS, so what do you think is the next best alternative. I've heard that the medium coils are supposed to be mated to the comfort shocks and the HD's to the HD's. Is this true?

Chris
Old 07-30-2003, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

OMEs are great all around just don't plan on getting a bull bar, otherwise you will get nose sag like i did and then want new coilovers. I speak from experience...
Old 08-06-2003, 06:14 PM

I thought this would be a good thread to add this info in, but I'm a tad suprised at their response. Here's my email (thought it would be a great resource for anyone looking for a lift):

Please provide the fully compressed and fully extended lengths of the following shocks:

1) OMEN86 Rear Shock
2) OMEN86C Rear Shock
3) OMEN91S Front Shock
4) OMEN91SC Front Shock

Please provide the fully compressed and fully extended length of these springs, please:

1) OME880 Front Spring
2) OME881 Front Spring
3) OME882 Front Spring
4) OME890 Rear Spring
5) OME891 Rear Spring

This information is going to help me decide which shock/spring combination to run both front/rear of my 4runner. I've heard that mixing and matching the different firm and comfort shocks and coils isn't good, but is this true? I'm wanting the most articulation possible on my 4runner with a nice, slightly firmer ride that stock. I need 2" of additional height over stock to run my desired tire size.

Here's their response:

If you want 2" of lift, than OME isn't your brand. Our lift is only gives you approximately 1.25" of lift in the front and 2.5" in the rear. And if your wondering you can't use coil spacers with our system. If you still want the specs on our shocks, I will be happy to tell you. Thank you for you interest in our products and have a good day.

Best Regards,
Steven Bisig
ARB Tech Dept
ARB-USA
sbisig@arbusa.com

That seems really weird to me, and here's what I sent back to him:

[b]Yeah, I'd still like all the specs as I wrote if you don't mind. It would be really helpful in helping me make my decision. Also, people use spacers with your springs all the time with no trouble. Why do you say they shouldn't? Also, your springs are known to sag after a while, and I know the mediums to HD coils yield different rates according to multiple people that have them,
but I wanted to get the facts straight from you if you don't mind!

What do you guys think about his response. It sounds off on the front end, but I could be wrong. Then he says that we shouldn't use spacers in combination with their products. ???

Chris
Old 08-07-2003, 09:34 AM

Here's the latest info from Steven at OME with more information to come:

Chris,
The reason we say no spacers, is that our springs weren't engineered for more than one 5mm trim packer (spacer)per side of the vehicle and we only recommend these if the vehicle is leaning to one side which is common on a lot of new vehicles with stock suspension. It is very rare for our springs to sag below there specification. In most cases when you install our springs
it will sit a bit higher than our advertised lift. After the driver takes
the vehicle out wheeling for the first time and flexes the suspension a great deal, the springs will settle. We experience a lot of people calling us complaining of there vehicle sagging when really the springs have just broken themselves in and are where they're supposed to be. For the front springs, the only difference is that the heavy duty springs (OME881) are a few millimeters taller to compensate for the added weight. Both the heavy
duty and light duty springs have the same spring rate.

Here is your requested information on our shocks:
N86/N86C 539mm (extended) 329mm (compressed)
N91S 470mm (extended) 335mm (compressed)
N91SC 470mm (extended) 335mm (compressed)

Hope that helps clarify some things. More information to come!

Chris

Last edited by ravencr; 08-07-2003 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:02 PM

Here's some more info from OME:

Chris,
If you put the heavier springs up front and you didn't have a bull bar or winch then yes it would sit a few mm above the advertised spec. Although the truck would sit higher than what we advertise, it would not give a smooth ride that we are so greatly known for. As far as the rear goes, the heavy spring and light spring are the same height but different spring rate between the two. And unfortunately I cant disclose the spring rate information. I hope I have clarified this information for you. If you have
anymore questions please feel free to ask them. Have a great day.

This contradicts his last statement how the front springs are not a different spring rate, just the HD's are a tad bit longer to compensate for the additional weight. I'm waiting for a clarification.

Chris
Old 08-07-2003, 06:16 PM
mpampo

Originally posted by phat4rnr
I am interested in the pp springs. Unfortunately, they say they are unavailable for 2002.
I went with the OME 881 for the front and the OME heavy duty shocks up front for my 2002 4Runner. I notice that I am taller by about 1 1/4" taller up front and I also went with OME 891 and Heavy duty shocks for the back and got 2" lift on the back. I like the look but I wish it was taller. I have factory 265/70R16 GY Wrangler RT/S there now but when I change tires, it will be 265/75R16.

I am also thinking of going SAW up front and putting a 2" spacer on top of the OME 891 on the back, that should give me total of 4" on the back and 2 3/4" lift up front with the SAWs crank up.

I like the hotrod look with the tail end sitting higher.

- Manuel
Old 08-08-2003, 03:58 PM

No one's replied to the group buy idea guess it didn't work
Old 08-08-2003, 03:58 PM

No one's replied to the group buy idea guess it didn't work
Old 08-08-2003, 04:11 PM

A group buy on OME will only net the same prices that Mie has on his site, because OME sets the prices.

Chris
Old 08-09-2003, 02:28 PM

Yeah that's understandable. Oh well. I guess I'll have to suck it up and pay full price...
Old 08-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Contributing Member

mpampo,
Do you plan on doing a special diff drop or something?? How are you gonna handle all that lift, the front CVs will blow out in no time. You really shouldn't crank them over 2.5" of lift unless you have asin hubs. Some get away with 2.75 but much over that (with the diff drop) and your REALLY pushing it. Unless you have some new insight, please share!! I'm getting the 0-4" adjustable downeys, so I'm quite intereted.

Thanks,
Old 11-17-2004, 11:54 PM
mpampo

Originally Posted by phat4rnr
Go with OME 881 dude! I got em in my 2002 and they kick ass.
Or if you will be adding a bull bar, go with OME 882.

881 gave me an inch 1/2 up front.

I have the 891 out back and I got like 2", my '02 loks like a race truck but I like my ass end sitting higher. LOL.
I want more lift up front but I have no tools or have no garage to install a 1" cornbread spacer. Does any place like Midas install spacers?

Quick Reply: How many people are looking for a lift?