Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Hi from a new member!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi from a new member!

Just wanted to say hello.

I have a 2002 4Runner SR5 with every option. If I remember correctly it had less than a mile when I first test drove it. I love it, too much almost.

Anyway, it has been great few years with it. Last summer it sustained 9k in damage on the front end in a highway accident. The repair job was pretty good overall.

I am currently searching the forum for info on water leaks from the roof rack or sunroof. I have water in the rear cargo area and on the cargo floor. Any Ideas would be great during my search for a cure.

Thanks, and hello again.

Steve

Old 01-18-2006, 03:18 PM

nice runner
Old 01-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member

Good lookin truck...Good to have another 02 member.

Sounds like your on the right track with the sunroof or cargo rack. You might want to check the rear weather stripping in both back doors. They tend to come loose at the top at the rear corner. I dont think that's your problem but it's worth a look.

Do a search, there's lots of threads out there on this subject. Good luck and let us know what the problem was when you find it.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I will do more searching in a little while. The bad part is that the headliner is all stained with water in the back cargo area.

Another pic of my detailing job last fall.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome to YT. In my opinion it is by far the best source of info for Runners that there is anywhere.
Good to have another 01/02 owner on the boards. We have the most complicated of 3rd gens. Some good some bad. Love mine though.
Nice looking rig. Any big plans for it other than making it water tight?
Old 01-18-2006, 03:56 PM

I have a similar problem with mine but no stains on the headliner. I occasionally find some water on the cargo cover after a hard wind driven rain when the truck is parked. This summer I found my padding was soaked in the back, but I think I had the rear window cracked a bit a few days before. Once that carpet padding gets wet it starts to smell pretty bad. I haven't had time to replace it yet. Some members recommend taking an air hose to the drain tubing for the sunroof, it can get clogged with debris. I'm not quite sure where to find the drain ends so you can blow the junk back where it came from. Good luck and welcome.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:10 PM

Hey, nice to have have you. I have an '01 here, only in one minor, very minor front end accident, and my back window always seems like its leaking. My headliner has no stains, but I always have water after it rains in my cargo area on the husky liners. The backwindows are notorious for not working right, and I have heard that as they get older they dont seal properly. I know you have stains on the headliner, and it is most likely not leaking from the window, but just a heads up, you never know. Nice truck too, going with a lift any time soon?
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
another source of incoming water is through the roof rack holes. remove the roof rack w/ a #24 torx bit and take off the ends. remove the roof rack and silicone the heck out of those holes for a good seal and remount the roof rack.

bob
Old 01-19-2006, 04:20 PM

Nah, I have no plans, no lift or anything. I went through that already with an 87 Ford Ranger with a 6.5" Superlift suspension lift and had some 36" super swampers, but then found that 33" BFG AT's were a better fit, but it had 4.36 diffs. I had a lot of problems with drive shafts, axels, and transfer case. It was real fun off road though

I want some new tires. I have around 45k on the orig goodyear wranglers, they really suck in the snow after they have worn a bit. I'd like some REVO's

Steve