Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Hey Cebby... You have any....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Cebby... You have any....

......Pictures of your 93 Runner? A website? I would love to see some pics of yer rig. I also have a 93 Runner. From what I can see in your avatar, it's pretty awesome looking. Thanks.

Whitey
Old 09-14-2002, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pics/Website

I've got a few pics, but no website yet. I plan to throw something together for the short term. Long term, I plan to put something together outlining my mods like Corey's. If you haven't seen his, check it out. He did a fantastic job!
Old 09-14-2002, 02:17 PM

Yeah, I've seen his rig. It's awesome.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:51 PM

Cebby, how do you like your intake? Do you notice any power increases at all or are there any downfalls to having it that you have noticed! Just wondering! Thanks. :fireman:
Old 09-15-2002, 03:21 PM

I Think I have the same K&N Intake as Cebby (it's the FIPK kit right?). I drive a 91 4Runner, and the K&N Intake is my only major mod so far, and i've noticed a large boost in power, and it makes my truck sound a lot nicer than stock I definitely get a little better gas mileage from it, I definitely have more power, and I could tell from the minute I started driving with it. The only thing i'm not sure about with it is whether or not to remove the black plastic shield thing that's mounted by the coolant resevoir behind the driverside headlight (Any suggestions on that?) The only downfall i've noticed is that when i'm idling there's this constant "rushing air sound" from the intake, I don't know if that's normal or not, but I haven't had any problems with it
Hope I could help.

-Braden
Old 09-15-2002, 04:58 PM

FIPK

Braden - you and I have the same unit. We agree on this mod's virtues.

It has helped off the line response quite a bit. I really am happy with it (No deep water crossings for me - for now...) I think the air noise at idle is normal - I had a Celica GTS years ago that I custom fabicated a similar setup for - had the same idle note. The at-idle noise is what I like the least about it. When you put your foot in it though, it sounds great. I never took off that black plastic piece behind the light either.

With the 3.0 V6 and auto trans, every little bit helps. I would rank the K&N as my best engine mod so far with my Borla cat back being a close second. The Bosch +4 plugs helped a little too.

At highway speeds, it hasn't helped me much. My gas pedal is basically a volume control for the engine noise. This is probably due to my 32's with stock gearing.

Since no one makes a supercharger kit, maybe there is a way to piece one together.

If Gadget would only get a 2nd gen to tinker on...

I hope our 2 cents helps with your decision, Btown.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:41 PM

Cebby - Mine's the same way about the gas pedal pretty much being a volume control at highway speeds Okay that makes me feel better about still having the black piece on behind the light, I wasn't sure if I had missed a step or not I'm debating whether or not to drill some holes in it to possibly get some more air through there. So yeah Btown it is definitely worth the money in my opinion (and Cebby' also ) My next major mod is hopefully going to be a Catback. Then my problem is deciding what brand, hehe i'm not meaning to hijack the thread, but Cebby what do you think of your Borla? Is it just the muffler? Or is it headers and everything? And what do you think of it? Also what kind of sound does it have? Is it like a deep sound? One more thing, how much was it?

-Braden
Old 09-15-2002, 05:47 PM

Re: FIPK

Originally posted by Cebby
I hope our 2 cents helps with your decision, Btown.
Yeah, I am trying to think of something to do to the airbox similar to the deckplate mod, but I am having trouble. There is not much space at all to do something like that, so I may end up going with the K&N Intake thingger. I don't have the $$$ for now, but later on down the line, I think I may. Thanks for the info. Where did you guys get yours at? :fireman:
Old 09-15-2002, 05:57 PM

I Bought mine at my local 4Wheel Parts store (hehe first thing I ever bought there. I don't know about the other 4WP store, but the people who work in the one near me are only interested in making a sale. If they try and sell you a Cleaning Kit or an Air Filter, DON'T BUY IT, the FIPK Kit comes with a free cleaning kit, and it has it's own special air filter.). If I remember right it cost about $220 out the door. And it took me a couple hours to install (first major mod to my truck that i've done myself )
Good luck with it!

-Braden
Old 09-15-2002, 06:37 PM

K&N and Borla

I've been getting the stuff I don't do via the web or catalog from an outfit called Pro Trucks in Murrysville, PA. Good bunch of guys there. My K&N was around $220 also. The Borla was around $430 I think. I couldn't find my receipt, but I think that's how much. It's so pricey because the whole thing is stainless steel. (I've grown paranoid about rust). The sound is a deep rumble. This unit only goes from the stock catalytic converter back. My rig has bone stock exhaust manifolds, the "ill-conceived" crossover pipe and catalytic converter. Headers with a high-flow catalytic would improve the breathing further...someday...
Old 09-16-2002, 04:07 AM

Thanks. I will have to see what happens. Thanks again! :fireman: