Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing????

Chris
Old 02-23-2005, 02:04 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by instigator
85sr5toy, when you say, you just hooked up the pcv part, you mean to say that you had no fuel what so ever going into the unit?

Yeah, that's correct. I had fuel leaks at the junctions. I tried to use teflon tape, but it didn't last very long. I read somwhere the use of locktite should cure this issue. The only problem with that is it will be a b#%ch to remove it, like when I need to get it smogged. Isn't it funny how somthing that decreases emissions, gets better milage, and pollutes less will not pass the visual and cause you to fail? That's California for you
Old 02-23-2005, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by 84sr5yoty
Yeah, that's correct. I had fuel leaks at the junctions. I tried to use teflon tape, but it didn't last very long. I read somwhere the use of locktite should cure this issue. The only problem with that is it will be a b#%ch to remove it, like when I need to get it smogged. Isn't it funny how somthing that decreases emissions, gets better milage, and pollutes less will not pass the visual and cause you to fail? That's California for you
So, can you give us some pictures of your install, because I'm totally confused how you have it hooked up.

Chris
Old 02-23-2005, 05:25 AM

I think this picture from the website will give you a better idea.

http://www.wyominginstruments.com/g_inst.htm

It's really simple. I just have the PCV hoses hooked up, not the copper line fuel line and the gas tee ect.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

Here's a little more feedback from me:

I have a Fuel Atomizer installed on my 4Runner and one installed on my mother's Corolla. I don't have all my records in front of me at the moment, so I am stating figures by memory. I have been running the Fuel Atomizer on my 4Runner for almost 3 years now and strictly monitoring my fuel economy for 5 years. If I drive the 4Runner for a month straight right now, I will average anywhere from 17.5 MPG to 23.5 MPG. In stop-and-go traffic, I will typically average 17.5 MPG. This is adjusted MPG for the difference in tire size (285/75/16 vs 265/70/16 stock). I have a supercharger, TRD exhaust, headers, larger injectors, deckplate, etc etc. On highway 285 from Denver to Buena Vista (long uphill and downhill grades), I consistently achieve 24.5+ MPG. My best trip yielded almost 28 MPG.
In the Corolla, (carb'd 4A-C) I was typically averaging 24 MPG BEFORE the Fuel Atomizer. Here is a list of maintenance and/or mods and the resulting MPG for a weeks worth of driving. All tests were in 1 week incriments using the same route to work and back.

1987 Toyota Corolla DX 4A-C 5 speed
Weeks 1 & 2 - baseline - 23.89 MPG
Week 3 - Changed sparkplugs - NGK copper dual electrode - 24.25 MPG
Week 4 - Changed plug wires - NGK wires - 24.55 MPG
Week 5 - Changed distributor cap - 24.50 MPG (no change)
Week 6 - Adjusted/advanced timing - 25.66 MPG
Week 7 - Adjusted valves - 25.8 MPG
Week 8 - Rebuilt carb - 27.6 MPG
Week 9 - Changed to Castrol Syntec oil - 28.5 MPG
Weeks 10-12 - 2nd baseline prior to FA install - average 28.2 MPG
Week 13 - installed Fuel Atomizer - 22.6 MPG (subsequent weeks are used to fine tune and adjust)
Week 14 - adjusted FA - 24.8 MPG
Week 15 - adjusted FA - 27.7 MPG
Week 16 - Adjusted FA - 29.3 MPG
Week 17 - Adjusted FA - 31.2 MPG
Week 18 - adjusted FA - 32.2 MPG
Week 19 - adjusted FA - 29.8 MPG (noted loss and reset to previous setting)
Week 20 - adjusted FA - 31.9 MPG

As you can see, it took me nearly 5 months just to gain 6 MPG. The Fuel Atomizer only netted 3.5 MPG. Conversely, I netted 4-8 MPG in the 4Runner. Is it worth it? To me it is. 3.5 MPG means an extra 60+ miles in the Corolla or 4Runner.

Here's something else to consider:
I am not going to be installing one of the in the Camry in the immediate future. If I do, it will be the one from the Corolla because I intend to sell my mother's Corolla. She will then inherit the Camry and I will get something else. The Camry is newer, more comfortable, more powerful, and gets nearly the same mileage.
Instead of installing an FA on the Camry, I plan on installing a bypass filter system. They are about the same price and work wonders with synthetic oil. If anyone is interested, here are the mileage stats on the Camry:

Weeks 1-4 - baseline - 22 MPG in town, 30.5 MPG on highway.
Subsequent weeks' stats are a result of driving to and from work - 66 miles round trip, 70% highway.
Week 5 - changed to Mobil1 synthetic - 22.8 MPG
Week 6 - Changed spark plugs - NGK copper dual electrode (should have used platinum. Them things are a %*&$# to replace!) - 23.2 MPG
Week 7 - Tried to change plug wires - realized the 1M-Z uses coils over all cylinders. D'oh - No change
Week 8 - Flushed tranny and replaced fluid with Mobil1 synth. ATF - 23.8 MPG
Week 9 - Cleaned throttle body - 25.6 MPG
Week 10 - installed K&N drop-in - 25.8 MPG (ooh! $50 netted me .2 MPG!)
Week 11-present - no further modifications performed. Averaging 23.8-25.6 to/from work and 29-35 MPG on highway.

I should note that I would not purchase another Fuel Atomizer based solely on the fact that the manufacturers changed the design of the FA without notifying their dealers. I didn't know they changed the design until a member here on YotaTech notified me. The new design lends itself to involuntary adjustment. I have fixed the problem at my own expense. This is now the unit installed on the Corolla.

So there you have it. Take it for what it's worth and formulate your own conclusions. If they had not changed the design, I would still strongly recommend them to anyone. They do provide an increase in mileage. Results do vary depending on how much time you want to spend tweaking the unit. They do require quite a bit of tweaking. As you can see above, it took me 7 weeks on the Corolla.

However, before you decide to install one, I would strongly recommend addressing maintenance items first. I.e. throttle body cleaning, spark plugs, wires, etc.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:42 AM

so, who else in here in a postive experience with the fuel atomizer other than "HaveBlue" ?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:17 PM

i installed it and it leaked gas everywhere and never installed it again

it's now sitting in my garage

creed
Old 02-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by cstary
i installed it and it leaked gas everywhere and never installed it again

it's now sitting in my garage

creed
Why didn't you say something, Chris? I could have had Wyoming Instruments buy the thing back from you.
The one on the Corolla leaked a little, too. A little (actually a lot) of thread sealant and I haven't had any problems. I did have to replace one of the brass NPT fittings, though. That kinda torqued me.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:02 PM

chris? do you mean creed? i did say something, and after a while, wyoming sent a replacement T-fitting instead. but because it was already installed, i needed new compression ferrules for the copper wire, and it became too much of a headache to try and track those little things down.

i've still got those emails. it was actually quite a hassle just to get a replacement 1/8 NPT T-fitting

so it sits.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by cstary
chris? do you mean creed? i did say something, and after a while, wyoming sent a replacement T-fitting instead. but because it was already installed, i needed new compression ferrules for the copper wire, and it became too much of a headache to try and track those little things down.

i've still got those emails. it was actually quite a hassle just to get a replacement 1/8 NPT T-fitting

so it sits.
CREED! Sorry :embarrased:
I remember now. I think that was more fuel for the fire that helped me stop actively endorsing these things.
I think I still have all the e-mails, too, somewhere on CD-ROM. When that harddrive started showing signs of bailing, I backed everything up.

If you wanted to try it again, I have a source for those ferrules. I'd be more than happy to send some to you. I'll even track down more 1/8" tubing so that you don't have to bother with messing with that. Let me know...I'd like to make things right.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:43 PM

haha - no problem Alan. sure, i'll give it a go. might as well try and salvage that project. email me at cstary@ucsd.edu and we'll get things moving again . . . . and i'll feel better about the whole thing.

thanks . . .
creed
Old 05-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Banned

Time to reintroduce this topic, and what better place to do it then this thread?

A MELBOURNE invention that claims to slash vehicle petrol bills by up to 20 per cent and reduce harmful engine emissions will go on sale tomorrow.

I haven't looked into this too much, but it seems to be the same principle as the atomizer. I would still like to install something along these lines as I use my 4Runner as a DD to work and back (35 miles on highway each way with no traffic). Those atomizers still available and is there anyone that supports it? haveblue seemed to have possitive results but does not support it and 84sr5yoty had great results but nobody seemed to care...
Old 05-24-2005, 04:17 AM

I would be interested in this as well. I figure what ever I can do to get better gas milage is worth it.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:20 AM

Yeah, I'm still enjoying my atomizer. Came back from Reno 3 weeks ago and pulled 57 mpg. I would have only pulled the usual 36-41 without it. I still have not hooked up a fuel source yet but have decided to go with the shraider valve kit offered here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V

Keep looking on ebay, the atomizers show up there pretty often.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 84sr5yoty
have decided to go with the shraider valve kit offered
That is the one I was looking at yesterday. I might just give that one a shot on my 4Runner. Now would I still need the atomizer with the tank like the one you have or does this replace it?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:20 AM

So for those of you that have this installed on a 4Runner, what kind of mileage are you getting?

ravencr, did you ever get this installed? Did it help your mileage out at all?

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by 93_Runner
So for those of you that have this installed on a 4Runner, what kind of mileage are you getting?

ravencr, did you ever get this installed? Did it help your mileage out at all?

Thanks for the info.
I did get it installed, but since then took it off like an idiot. I was out trail riding one day, and for some reason it started acting up, so I got pissed off, ripped it out of the truck and through it into the woods. I wish I never had, because it definitely helped on the mileage about 4-5 mpg. It's a good product, and I'll be getting another one for my wife's car. My 4runner isn't driven much anymore, except on the weekends to and from the trails, so I'm not going to get another one for it.

Chris