Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Frikkin Eng. ping.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Gadget
So, you would put more trust in a group of people that insists that you can fix a bent wheel by putting 17 new tires on it?

Listen to them if you want, it is your truck, you decide.

Gadget
uh, err, well, uh, I kind of thought I was giving you and all here a compliment for the vast knowledge of the toyota vehicles. I didn't realize you had such an ill opinion of the people here on the YotaTech forum, I never heard anybody on this forum say that putting 17 inch tires on a wheel will fix a bent wheel and I certainly wouldn't believe that because I am not a friggin' idiot. Not sure where you are headed with this kind of reply to a compliment to yourself and the other good folks here on the forum. Good day chief.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:32 AM

Keisur I dont think Gadget was trying to be rude to you. He was doing as I would do while speaking on stealerships. The stealers will steer you into the dead end they want you on. They want your money! I would rather get good info on how to do it stuff to do it myself from guys that are trying to help me out like Gadget.
I have had this engine pinging noise and it has worried the crap outta me but gadget gave me info that I am going to look into. With over 202,000 miles I have a lot of noises and smells to worry about after the last $1,000 I put into broken timing parts.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigBadBlue
Keisur I dont think Gadget was trying to be rude to you. He was doing as I would do while speaking on stealerships. The stealers will steer you into the dead end they want you on. They want your money! I would rather get good info on how to do it stuff to do it myself from guys that are trying to help me out like Gadget.
I have had this engine pinging noise and it has worried the crap outta me but gadget gave me info that I am going to look into. With over 202,000 miles I have a lot of noises and smells to worry about after the last $1,000 I put into broken timing parts.
I thought he was dissing the people on this board which really struck me as odd because I know he is a valuable part here and he likes everyone here as far as I know. If I misinterpreted what you were saying, Gadget, forgive me. It just sounded strange at 1:30am.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:23 AM

Originally posted by keisur
uh, err, well, uh, I kind of thought I was giving you and all here a compliment for the vast knowledge of the toyota vehicles. I didn't realize you had such an ill opinion of the people here on the YotaTech forum, I never heard anybody on this forum say that putting 17 inch tires on a wheel will fix a bent wheel and I certainly wouldn't believe that because I am not a friggin' idiot. Not sure where you are headed with this kind of reply to a compliment to yourself and the other good folks here on the forum. Good day chief.
I was speaking of the idiots at the dealership, Toyota Corporate, Toyota Technical, and finally the lady that represents Toyota at the arbitraion hearings. They all have proven to be clueless. They have sworn under oath that it is completely normal for the 4Runner to shake when it is driven down a smooth road and there was nothing wrong with my wheel. Of course as usual I proved them wrong and won my case.

You might want to re-read the post you wrote and my responce to it again. It might make more sense to you then, I hope.

I do not have a poor opinion of the folks here. If I did I would not be here. I do have a poor opinion of the goofs at the dealerships that spend all their time trying to convince you there is nothing wrong with your truck instead of fixing it.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 07-03-2003, 05:30 AM

Originally posted by keisur
Well I just followed my own advice and re-read your post. I read it wrong originally, sorry. I thought you were saying that you put more trust in the dealerships then any advice you would of gotten here. That clearly is not what you wrote. I got it wrong.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 07-03-2003, 05:53 AM
Contributing Member

Well I just followed my own advice and re-read your post. I read it wrong originally, sorry. I thought you were saying that you put more trust in the dealerships then any advice you would of gotten here. That clearly is not what you wrote. I got it wrong.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
no prob chief.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:13 PM

Talking

Cool, so were back on track & all buddy's? From the outside of the convo it looked like a misunderstanding to me. Glad it was. Talk to yall later.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigBadBlue
Cool, so were back on track & all buddy's? From the outside of the convo it looked like a misunderstanding to me. Glad it was. Talk to yall later.
Yea, I couldn't be mad at Gadget! His vibration page learned me probably the best lesson I've learned yet. It was major Hel-l driving for over 60k miles with the vibration and ruining tires and the stealership nor the dickscount tires could figure it out! That'll never happen again I be tellin' ya what.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:20 PM

Re: Re: Frikkin Eng. ping.

Does your truck have an EGR system? If so you might want to check it for proper function. You want to make sure the valve operates properly and that all the passages are free and clear.

If you do not get proper flow in the EGR system you will get ping. If this is the problem it will normall present in cruise and moderate acceleration and it should go away at full throttle. If that is what you have and you have an EGR system suspect the EGR system.

BG Products has a very nice service for cleaning the entire EGR system. The hard part is finding a shop that preforms it.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
My Runner does have an EGR set up, is the BG company the sdame BG that offer additives for other systems. Is this a pro kinda job or something I can do at home. Details man details please.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:32 PM

Yes the BG EGR service is best done professionally.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 07-03-2003, 08:40 PM

Alrighty thanks Gadget your very helpful.