Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Found in dumping grounds!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sac State, thats all well and good for those with full coverage, I have just enough so that I am legal. I hate paying $100 a month as is.

I wouldn't necessarily contact the news... What if he saw the article? He would know someone was onto him and he'd switch to somewhere else and you're back to square one. Maybe if you said that the police are doing nothing to find the person who did it even with a surplus of evidence that might be good and not give out too much info that would halt your efforts? Or if you have one of those "9 wants to know" kind of news channel investigators, you could get them to help.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:06 PM

I am not sure what to do, The state patrol called us today, I had to talk em to where the truck is,they found it and another one!!so maybe the heat will come down hard now!your 88 looks just like mine did before being swiped! let me know if you have any extra parts!! take it easy!!QUOTE]Originally posted by Toddski
Hey there Johnny.
One thing that you might consider is calling the news paper.
I'm sure if the local police find out that there is a reporter doing a story on stolen vehicles and the local police is sitting on there thumbs then the bee's nest might get buzzin'

This happened to my grandfather over in Gig Harbor. He builds small working light houses that you put in your yard. The one he had in his yard was stolen. The local police did nothing.
My aunt called the Tacoma News Tribune and they ran a big story about it with my grandfathers picture.
Right after that paper came out he had the police department calling him wanting info on the theft:pat:
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-07-2003, 03:11 PM

hi, actually I am having a hard time with the sheriff & police,got so mad at em I hung up on them,so we went over their heads to the state patrol, now I am getting somewhere!! and yes this is peoples property, our runner was like a freind of the family!! I know one thing I am going to keep it garaged after the rebuild!! thanks for the reply!! johnny!
Originally posted by Plays_with_Toys
Johnny,

I am curious what the response from the local P.D. was. I would think with multiple cars being dumped there, they would setup a sting operation, especially since you had your truck taken there, I would think that would give them a boost in the right direction.

Have they done any research into whatsoever or are they giving you the run around? Especially since you have that picture that you found.

Guys like this need to be stopped, not just for stealing toyotas, the manufacturer doesn't matter, he's taking other people's property. You guys saying it doesn't matter much, how you would you feel walking out of walmart or wherever you are and having the spot where you parked your truck be empty? I know I'd want answers right away, and if I found out it could have been prevented, metaphorical heads would roll.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:01 PM

What's up with the Exclamation marks? Every sentence is !

It conveys that you're angry or excited at us.. I think that's why several of us have misread you..

http://dan.hersam.com/opinions/exclamation.html
Old 10-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Contributing Member

I'll agree that a car isn't worth getting injured or losing your life over.

But....

For those of you who don't think car theft is anything to worry about because you've got insurance, don't you have to pay for yours? Every time an insurance company pays out for anything to anyone, some fraction of that is coming from your pocket if you insure your cars. Those companies are in the business to make money, so if they have more losses to cover, the rates go up. Seemingly unrelated crime affects all of us one way or another.

Alan
Old 10-08-2003, 06:29 AM

No, I am not mad at any of you.I am not excitedat you guys. However I am excited about stopping these theives.although it is up to the washington state patrol now.I am going to concentrate my efforts now on advice for rebuilding my truck.Sorry if you get the wrong message.take it easy.
Originally posted by kaneman23
What's up with the Exclamation marks? Every sentence is !

It conveys that you're angry or excited at us.. I think that's why several of us have misread you..

http://dan.hersam.com/opinions/exclamation.html
Old 10-08-2003, 09:24 AM

!...

I read you the wrong way. I thought you were mad at us or something.haha.. Good luck at catching the thieving bastads and don't do anything to put yourself in DANGER. Later,

Justin
Old 10-08-2003, 11:18 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: Re: Found in dumping grounds!

Originally posted by Sac State
Was this a life threatening situation/injury? Why did you call 911?

Somebody who really needed 911 was put off by your search for junk.

911 is FOR LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES, not to recover a rusted bucket. Be smart next time.
Perhaps I'm a little slow to the draw, but I take offense to your comments about rusted piles of junk. How do you know they are ruste piles of junk? Just because they are not 2003 pretty boy runners, does not mean they are not good rigs. And, remember one mans trash is another mans treasure. How would you like it if someone saw your rig sitting in the woods and just let it be, didn't call the cops or anything. NO amount of money is worth losing your life over, so it just makes sense to call 911 with this info. And another thing: Without looking it up, can you tell me the number to your local police station? Let alone the number to a station where you are? There is a reason 911 is only 3 numbers long. Its very simple and easy to remember.
This is a board to discuss Toyota's and related topics in my opinion, not to attack each other about technicalities.We should all be happy that rigs are being recovered. Theives have no place in our world, and anything thing we can do to undermine them only makes it harder for the thieves.
Insurance companies are not always quick to the draw either. They always try every possible avenue to avoid paying for a new truck, or giving you the money for the truck. I work in a wrecking yard, so we deal with that crap all day long, as we get our vehicles from insurance companies. And maybe you get the money for the rig, but what about your personal feelings? YOu feel like you just got raped! I know if I spent a lot of time and money on my rig, im not just going to let it go without a fight. Its not just as simple as a phone call. Humans have emotions, and whether its anger or sadness, or what not, you still want YOUR truck back, not just "another truck". I'm done now. Back to work with I.