Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners
View Poll Results: Whats your favorite decal?
#1- Ghost
25.00%
#2- Simple
11.11%
#3- Blur
22.22%
#4- Plaster
36.11%
#5- Drop Shadow
5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Decal

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 06:33 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is this EPS file that your tlking about? I also have a PIAA decal that I got from PIAA and it only came in white and black, I needed it in red to match the rest of my decals. Do you think I could take the white ones that I have and get Kinkos to make them in red for me? I'm gona try one way or another bu I figured I'd ask b4 I make the trip across town.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

here's one i made real quick. you can tell, but it might inspire some ideas.

anyway, i agree with what others have said. whatever decal we use it should

- be a decal so that just the letters stick
- also, there should be a some different color options. like with me, i sort of have a red and black thing going on with my runner. so a bright blue decal would sort of look out of place. this isn't a big deal i guess, but it'd be nice to have a couple options.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
File Format

EPS stands for Encapsulated Post Script. It's the type of files professional printers use - another format, like a JPEG, only higher quality. Alot of the Adobe software will let you save to this format. I know Kinko's has a scanning service too. Not all of the Kinko's have the "Sign and Banner" section yet. Call yours and ask a few ?? I'm not ready to get mine done, or I'd be happy to be the Guinea :pig:
Old 10-31-2002, 08:47 PM
Contributing Member

Hey calrockx, I really really want to use your decal option. I love the way it is so small and consise. You said you made it up really quick, what do you think is wrong with it? Do it again, make it to your standards and lets use that. I'm all for the color options as well. I would love to get whatever files I need, take it to Kinkos and make me one in red.

Everyone else, what do you think about using calrockx's idea and just getting some color options up and get these things on the roll?
Old 10-31-2002, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

well thanks stump. i just meant that it isn't perfect because i made it up in paint. but if i make it in photoshop then i can get all the lines perfectly straight and i can save it in an eps file. i'll get to work on making that, and i'll post it in a couple different color schemes so you guys can see it in a few different flavors.
yeah i just wanted to keep it simple. not too flashy. if you guys have any suggestions for my design, let's hear em...
Old 11-01-2002, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

I really like calrockx and the last one joshik had.

Calrockx--I have a few suggestions. How about making the Y, big T, and H in red along with the lines across the top and bottom? I guess it would look a bit like joshik's. Or, maybe use red or blue for the yotatech lettering and fill the area between all the letters with that gray color you had. Cool design.

I agree with some of the folk here. We should have at least red and blue (and maybe yellow) colors to choose from. I think the decal should have a clear background too.

Whatever design we choose, it's going to be sweet!

Have fun.
DH6twinotter
Old 11-01-2002, 10:39 AM

i did mine on mspaint too heheh
Old 11-01-2002, 11:08 AM

how bout these?

i figured white would be good coz most ppl will be putting them on their window which probably will be tinted. no background... just the letters and the red slashes will look clean.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:33 AM

heres wat the first one would look like on my truck. heheh

Old 11-01-2002, 10:26 PM
Contributing Member

okay, i like joshik's second one on the top, and the middle one from the three he posted on the bottom. those are cool. and i like mine. i'm posting a refined version of mine, along with an idea of how it might look on a 4runner. maybe we should round up some finalists and vote again, once and for all? or maybe even have more than one design? i'd say two designs tops, but with a few different color schemes for each one. that way there's not too many different designs out there and it keeps some unity. one or two, either way. once things get a little more final, and if y'all like mine i'll make some different versions and save it to an eps or pdf file, whatever the decal making place will want.

sorry about that one being so big and so crappy quality, i saved it as a gif file
Old 11-02-2002, 12:54 AM
Contributing Member

Hey guys tell me what you think of this pic, it is how my truck looks now and i hope you dont mind me using the address Corey...

Old 11-02-2002, 04:29 AM
Contributing Member

How about mergin two... um.. well it sounded good at the time (I was bored).

btw joshik your truck is sweet hope mine looks that good someday.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Color choices

Hey - These options are looking better and better. I just hope we can have some color options. I'm not into red on my blue Runner. Yellow or blue, then we're talkin'. I think the ones that are easier to read are better. Remember, if we are promoting the site, people need to be able to read it as we ride down the road. IMHO of course.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Contributing Member

I like these most recent options, I really like the merged ideas, but just ake it one solid clor option, it's too confusing IMO w/ to colors mixed. I think we are on a good track this time though. Lets keep things rolling.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Contributing Member

now that i look at it, i like my design with only the .com on it, you don't really have to have the www. and it doesn't look off balance or bad with only the .com

the red with mine looks good. i'd use it, but i think most people here want just one main color. i don't think the 3 lines to the left work tho...they look better with joshik's - because those are more flat and horizontal. at least we're getting somewhere
Old 11-02-2002, 07:51 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by metal22lica
Hey guys tell me what you think of this pic, it is how my truck looks now and i hope you dont mind me using the address Corey...
He he, I guess I missed this post the other day.
That is a great place for that Metal, and it sure stands out in a crowd.
Hey, I am getting excited here to get this going soon.

Red or yellow letters, or white would work for me.
The type of sticker I want is the clear kind that goes on the outside of the window.

They are durable, and wil last for years in the sun and from washing it.

I have had this sticker on my rear window since spring, and it still looks new.
Corey
PS, here is my rendition of what you did, only I used my software to do it.

Ya know, my rear spolier is so badly faded. I should get it powder coated from the guy who did my sliderz the other week.
Then I might try and get a sticker made up for it like this.
This might be a good idea.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:56 PM

Looks good Corey, it's simple and to the point I also really like the one (forgot who posted it) where the "O"s were gears and I think it just said Yotatech, that's still my favorite idea :beaver: Hmmmmm Maybe there's some way to incorporate that with joshiks design, because they both are awesome

I think that the stickers should be Vinyl Die-Cut (I think that's what they're called... They stick on just the decal portion, like on Corey's it would just be the "yotatech.com: letters stuck on there) I have a couple of those on my truck, and they are very durable, they've been on my rig for almost 8 months and through numerous power washs, and desert trips, and southern california summers, and they still look like new.)

-Braden

Last edited by 91Runner; 11-02-2002 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:42 AM
Contributing Member

just for you philly, and then some
Old 11-03-2002, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

Hel yeah, I'm all about that solid red one. That is exactly what I want on my rig. Simple to the point and RED. I like the idea of going w/ one design and about 3 color choices, so that everyone can get something that goes well with their own Runners. This discussion is finally headed in the right direction.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:55 PM

these all do look great. calrockx those are sweet too. any color works for me. red's good, or a dark blue color maybe. joshik i like your new ideas too.

im sure anything would be good, lets narrow it down and then do a final vote!! im excited about getting a few stickers on there.

Quick Reply: Forum Decal