95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

foglight...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 04:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
foglight...?

hellooooo,
I was noticing an odd light pattern with my low beams and the occasional flash from on comming drivers suddenly and... you guessed it. My right fog light was hit by a rock (i guess) on the highway and cracked the lens. I was wondering if anyone had any factory fogs laying around that they needed to get rid of... seeing as i'm sure buying a new unit would cost me about $70, I figured it would be worth a try. Thanks guys!
Old 12-07-2002, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

Try over $350 from the dealer per lamp. I have the Stanley factory fogs and one of my lenses had a bad crack in it. The dealer told me over $350 for a new lamp, since they do not sell just the lens. Needless to say, I told them they were nuts and found one at a local salvage yard for $100. Get out your yellow pages and start looking and forget about the dealer.

Matt
Old 12-08-2002, 04:47 AM

I had the same thing happen to one of my fog lamps. I went into the dealer to buy a new lense, and they wanted to sell me the whole unit... I practically fainted.

I took the lense out, and went and bought a high dollar epoxy, that remains clear. The way the rock had broken mine, it just left a little tiny hole in the front, and blew out a larger one in the back. I took the eposy and very carefully put the exact amount that was needed to fill the interior hole. It worked perfect, you cannot even tell in the daytime, and at night, you can barely see a slight discoloration in the one spot in the light that was broken.

Because water had seeped into it, I had to replace the bulb, and the one on the right hand side of the car didn't work for some reason until the bulb had been replaced. I bought a Toyota bulb, but they charged me $18.... ouch. I was at Walmart the next day, and saw they had the same bulbs, I think with the same manufacturer markings on it for like $4.99.

I tried the salvage yards too, but I didn't have as much luck.

Good Luck
Old 12-08-2002, 05:16 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks guys. I went to advanced auto parts and found a lens they had for sale, but it was JUST to short... almost a $4.99 fix... oh well. I think i might hold off as I'm hoping to get a TJM bumper, but that will more than likely happen later than sooner, so I guess it will just have to stay like it is for now.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:51 PM

Someone posted a link to Ebay with a guy selling a set of two pretty cheap....just a little fyi