Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Finally got some pics of my rig today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevo3
Yeah, its pretty rare to see 4R's this color (atleast I havent seen many). I love it aswell. It looks bluish at certain angles when the sun hits is, then its purple at others.

I think ill call it Blurple
haha.... Steller Blue Pearl is the color. Nice looking truck :bigclap:

Old 10-09-2006, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by d0ubledown
looks good man ...now all you need are some sliders. oh..and of course some pinstriping and dents. that rear bumper is too straight...
Well, the rear bumper was replaced almost a year ago, when some 17 year old wasnt paying attention in the rain and slid right into me. Im not that hardore of an off roader. Ill hit up some trails and stuff, but nothing that needs the sliders.

Originally Posted by YM13
thats pretty sick I was thinking of putting in some spacers as well...do i need to change anything if i get 3'' installed? (shocks?...etc.)
No, you dont need to get new shocks, unless yours are blown. If you do get the 3'' spacers get the 1'' differential drop spacer kit aswell to save your cv's for as long as possible. I just went to a shop to have the spacers put on because stuffing 3'' into the coils when they are already pretty tight is pretty scary. Ohh yeah, I boughts my friends 03' taco coils. they have 9 coils rather then 8.

Originally Posted by X2and4X
haha.... Steller Blue Pearl is the color. Nice looking truck :bigclap:

Whoa, looks like something ate your front tire . thats freakin awsome. Wish it would rain enough out here in this part of AZ so I can go test out the MT/R's
Old 10-09-2006, 04:46 AM

Lots of clay around here. If you want to send those tires up here I will give you a full report on how they do.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Stevo3
Too busy workin on my Golf Cart. If you guys wanna see some pics of that beast ill be glad to post them up. Not going to if no one is interested tho .
Whats this "golf cart" you speak of.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:30 AM

Whats this "golf cart" you speak of.

Alright, all you had to do was ask .

Just bought a digital camera today , now I have an excuse to "test" it out. When I get home from work today ill take some pictures of it. Just to keep ya interested, its a 96' EZ-GO, long travel front indipendant j-arm suspension with a V-Twin 24 HP engine swap.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:44 AM

Looks good, i thought the step bars complemented your wheels nicely
Old 10-09-2006, 08:57 AM

hmm looks like gumbo mud on the tires in thta one pic. There is mud like that in montana when it rains in the prarie. The stuff sticks to everything. I dont care how good your tires clean it builds up till they fill up the wheel wells and you tires dont spin anymore... fun stuff
Old 10-09-2006, 03:07 PM

Heres my Golf Cart and Brothers old 4Runner

Well, here is my Golf Cart, Enjoy

Golf Cart & Truck:

Side Shot + Motor:

The Front and Suspension:

Heres my trck w/o the side steps:

And Finally my bros 98 4Runner w/ 6'' lift and Sway-A-Way Racerunners(these pics are 4 years old):

Hope you like! And let me know what you think!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:11 PM

thats the coolest golf cart ive ever seen
Old 10-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
ya it is i want to see it flex
Old 10-09-2006, 03:41 PM

You got it, ill try to figure out something to make it flex

Otherwise you might have to wait till i get back from the dunes with some pics, then you see some pics of it jumping too
Old 10-09-2006, 08:09 PM

Nevermind, your runner looks better without the steps
Old 10-10-2006, 03:57 AM

Thanks, But now w/o those side steps i get massive mud up the side of my truck. And thats just from work (not trying to fling mud). Rocks also hit my doors now, they dont ping off the steps.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:16 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Stevo3
Thanks, But now w/o those side steps i get massive mud up the side of my truck. And thats just from work (not trying to fling mud). Rocks also hit my doors now, they dont ping off the steps.
But your 4Runner looks so good w/o them on. Check out some sliders instead.

Sweet golf cart too.

I'm curious...I play golf maybe 3-4 times a year. You don't happen to know if it's permitted to take a modified g-cart like yours onto a public golf course do you? That'd be awesome. I'd build/buy one like that just to ride around on a golf course with and play golf.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rock Slide
But your 4Runner looks so good w/o them on. Check out some sliders instead.

Sweet golf cart too.

I'm curious...I play golf maybe 3-4 times a year. You don't happen to know if it's permitted to take a modified g-cart like yours onto a public golf course do you? That'd be awesome. I'd build/buy one like that just to ride around on a golf course with and play golf.

hahaha, I honestly could not give you an answer to that, my bets are no they wont allow you to run a mod'd golf cart like that on a course. and the front wheel base is so wide it would probably not even fit on the sidewalk you drive on.

Im not that "big" on rock crawling so it would be kinda of a waste for me to get the sliders. I know that may sound upsetting to some people. But I do the occasional 4 wheelin just not as drastic as most of you guys.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ha! My current 4Runner is by no means a drastic 4-wheelin' machine...and I've got sliders! Check out my Profile in my sig and you can see some pics of my grocery getter w/ stubb sliders. haha

But seriously, I'm working on getting a lift, bigger tires and a new front bumper. I don't wheel it much at all the way it sits currently, but after the the tires and lift, I will feel much better about wheeling it.

I like the low-profile stance of the sliders and their durability compared to bolt on side steps or factory side steps.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:23 AM

The the I really want to get is the is the hood with the scoop, But want it to actually work, not the fake plastic insert that is in there. Want it to cool off the S/C a tad.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:48 AM

thats a kick little cart there man. I see myself getting tossed out of there the first hill it jumps. You putting any kind of restraint system in it?

about the slider debate. I didnt mind the old step you had on it. sure it would not hold up to much. but if you dont do a whole lot of off roading then put them back on.
Some nice sliders would look good on it though. And who doesnt want a working scoop.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:07 AM

thats a kick little cart there man. I see myself getting tossed out of there the first hill it jumps. You putting any kind of restraint system in it?

about the slider debate. I didnt mind the old step you had on it. sure it would not hold up to much. but if you dont do a whole lot of off roading then put them back on.
Some nice sliders would look good on it though. And who doesnt want a working scoop.
I am working on reinforcing the frame right now so it doesnt crumple when I jump it. The next step is bucket seats with a 3 point harness.

The first time i took it to the dunes (glamis) I tipped it over with the stock roof on it, when we got back to camp my light was busted off and the roof was leaning way to the passenger side. Ohh when we tipped my buddy landed on top of me. He still has a dent in his leg from the steering wheel.

I am reconsidering the sliders. im starting to grow on the the more I see them.

Although Im liking the clean look of no steps or sliders.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:29 AM

thats an awesome project.

Quick Reply: Finally got some pics of my rig today!