Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Ever seen these 4Runners before?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 07:40 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The look like the kinds of trucks I saw in Hawaii. Big lifts and wide tires.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:40 AM
Contributing Member

Even tho' those trucks will never see much off roading if any at least they weren't Runners that were dropped to the ground with 20"+ wheels on 'em.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:50 AM

I thought those were Hawaii trucks...I see some running around, they sure turn heads. They look better than any American made lifted trucks to me. I doubt they pass the chicken ˟˟˟˟ 'recon' law here...LOTS of Runners and Toy trucks here, mostly stock, so with any kind of mod, they really stand out...those stand 'above'! :bounce2:
Old 09-15-2004, 10:56 AM
AUJWE

Are any of those Hawaii trucks even going off road? Or are they all for looks as it seems? Isn't gas expensive down there?
Old 09-15-2004, 11:43 AM

Yeah, we have one of the highest gas prices in the nation...it SUCKS! Not many places to off road here AFAIK, we are on a heavily populated tiny rock... most of those trucks with the heavy chrome are show trucks, yet daily drivers. Some guys like to drop-n-show, those guys lift-n-show...it looks kool in my book, funny how some guys get bent over how someone else kustomizes their own ride. Most of the mods on show cars are for looks only, same with the trucks...only you can see 'em better at eyeball level.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:56 AM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by butnut
Yeah, we have one of the highest gas prices in the nation...it SUCKS! Not many places to off road here AFAIK, we are on a heavily populated tiny rock... most of those trucks with the heavy chrome are show trucks, yet daily drivers. Some guys like to drop-n-show, those guys lift-n-show...it looks kool in my book, funny how some guys get bent over how someone else kustomizes their own ride. Most of the mods on show cars are for looks only, same with the trucks...only you can see 'em better at eyeball level.
You trying to say that I am getting bent out of shape about it? I wasn't implying anything negative about the trucks. I was just asking because I had no idea. I could care less what someone else wastes/spends his/her money on. That's their prerogative. I was just simply asking out of curiosity.
Hell, I lifted my 2WD, I definitely have no room to criticize anyone.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Contributing Member

no offense to anyone, but personally I don't like trucks lift that high. I think that if the tire is no longer in the wheel well, you've gone too high.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by AUJWE
You trying to say that I am getting bent out of shape about it? I wasn't implying anything negative about the trucks. I was just asking because I had no idea. I could care less what someone else wastes/spends his/her money on. That's their prerogative. I was just simply asking out of curiosity.
Hell, I lifted my 2WD, I definitely have no room to criticize anyone.
I was speaking in general, not specifically at you. Seems we feel the same way, it's kool.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by sublime_4runner
those lifts are nothing compared to the monster that drives around my town, that nasty ford excursion.
You should be in my town for one day... so many huge nasty fords and chevys... some of them you can WALK under...
Old 09-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Contributing Member

holy old post batman.

and they still look weird in my opinion.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member

Mines Bigger!!!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:31 PM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by 96LtdYota
Mines Bigger!!!
Really, I'll take your word on that one.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:19 AM

Hey Brian=Butnut how you been man? Its Aaron. long time no see man. Havent seen you in a while. I've done so much to my runner since I last seen you. Hows your ride comming? I gotta go talk to Daryl over at DH some time soon. Im gonna do a 2 inch body lift from Roger Brown and I want him to do it. Yes, guys Im lifting my 2wd even higher ....bring on the flames. Like Butnut said. Most of the lifted trucks here in Hawaii,:beach: hardly see the trails. One of the only mild off road trails here was jsut closed to off roaders by damn tree huging hippes. Damn then I will never be able to take my 2wd off road. I was gonna put a Detroit Trutrack but now there is no where to use it. Im just gonna lift my truck higher and higher. I want it to go so high I can look up girls skirts when they try to get in. And when I pull up to hot chicks in covertables, I can look down thier shirts. hahaha

As for the lifts the fronts are custom made by Daryl over at DH . His list range from 6 to 9 inch suspension lifts and 2 to 3 inch body lifts. They are all custom built and ussaly run 35 inch tires. It all depends on what the owner wants to spend. Daryl's wife 4runner is nice and clean. Daystar 2.5 inch, 3 inch body, and wheel spacers. Rolling on 33's. No gearing though......
Old 09-16-2004, 01:45 AM

Wassup Aaron....long time. Man, you really workin' on your Runner! I gotta check it out. Still wish we could get a Runner club going, a lot of Runners here. I'm driving the Taco daily, maybe I'll finally get to work on my leather interior for my Runner now since it's the garage queen. Take it easy and keep in touch. Aloha
Old 09-16-2004, 02:42 AM

maybe we should try that again. We gotta find a way to get a turn out of more than 5 people. I see Chris once in a while. He stops by my shop every so often. If we do this again, we gotta get the word out.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Contributing Member

they need bigger rims to look better (18's) anfd the tires need yto be higher profile not fat and chode like the ones on all the trucks.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:54 PM

I think those rigs are awesone, even if they don't go wheeling in them, just the fact that they are riding that high in a runner is cool. but from the looks of it, i wouldn't doubt that those runners can do some damage on rocks or mudd. those runners are sure to be head turners when driving around the big island. I like the gunmetal runner.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Contributing Member

Holy Thread Revival,Batman!!!

At least those truck don't have 22" spinners on 'em and they still can off road but probably never do just like the Ford's I see around my neighborhood;all dressed up but don't go out and play.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:06 PM
AUJWE

Yeah! Old thread revival. Yeah!
Old 04-29-2005, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by sublime_4runner
those lifts are nothing compared to the monster that drives around my town, that nasty ford excursion.

i think those pictures look nice, my favorite was that 2nd generation at the end. thatll be me someday \

except i dont like that grill, i like the billet grills but not the ones that cover the head lights.
Except that Excursion has a Whipple charger and a bunch of other cool stuff

Those Yotas make me :cry:

Quick Reply: Ever seen these 4Runners before?