Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Cornfed Lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good Fink. can't wait to see the pics with the tires on there. what kind of angle are you CVs at right now? could you snap a pic? i have the same front setup right now and i'm interested to see how yours look compared to mine. i went thru new boots in six weeks with only wheeling on them once the day after i put em in. i have a diff drop too, so i ordered a daystar kit to see if that helps any.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Contributing Member

Oh wow...wish I had known that might have been a problem before I bought these things...I'll snap a pic later today for you for sure so we can be sure I'm not gonna run into any problems.

Fink
Old 12-07-2005, 08:31 AM

Looks great ! Snap some more with the meat tires.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:10 PM

sorry i didnt warn you earlier, i thought i put it in my first post in this thread but i must have forgot. i didn't really think it was gonna be a problem. when my original boots tore after i lifted it, i just figured it was cause the boots were the originals. but then in the end of october, i finally changed the whole axles. i figured i was all set until i put my body lift in two weeks ago and when i was doing the steering extension, i noticed the inside boot on my drivers side had a hole in it. It wasn't there after i wheeled the day after i replaced the axles. i just think i got more than 2.5 inches of lift out of the front, thats why i'm trying out that daystar spacer. its a temp fix since i don't have the money for anything else right now. i forget, did you put in a diff drop yet?

and where are the pics, i thought the tires were put this afternoon???
Old 12-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Contributing Member

Geez...I have had so many problems today, supposedly have a bad driver side inner tie rod according to my alignment shop, my dealership had all 4 of their head techs look at it and they said there was nothing wrong with it so I just had the alignment place align it and went on my way to Sam's. Where I found out the tires won't fit because they are rubbing on my upper control arm.

ANYWAY! I have the diff drop installed that came with the spacers and the techs at my dealership said they are still slinging grease all over the place so I will need to figure out what to do about that.

I'm going to make a thread later tonight after I chill out for awhile, I'm pretty pissed, this was all supposed to go smooth and now its not.

Fink
Old 12-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
Geez...I have had so many problems today, supposedly have a bad driver side inner tie rod according to my alignment shop, my dealership had all 4 of their head techs look at it and they said there was nothing wrong with it so I just had the alignment place align it and went on my way to Sam's. Where I found out the tires won't fit because they are rubbing on my upper control arm.

ANYWAY! I have the diff drop installed that came with the spacers and the techs at my dealership said they are still slinging grease all over the place so I will need to figure out what to do about that.

I'm going to make a thread later tonight after I chill out for awhile, I'm pretty pissed, this was all supposed to go smooth and now its not.

Fink
Are your boots shot or just the clamp giving way and grease coming out from it? When I did mine even with the diff drop, I noticed the inner boots clamps gave way and spilled grease out. I just pryed off the stock boots and used some hose clamps instead... No more grease coming out. Might want to give that a try...

Last edited by grimpy; 12-07-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:05 PM

that sucks Fink. i'm suprised you're getting rubbing. you went 285's, right? i'm gonna wind up doing some Downey high angle boots which will be a PITA cause you have to take apart one of the CV joints.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
this was all supposed to go smooth and now its not.

Fink

Yes, the joy of modifying trucks....NOTHING ever goes like you planned...there is always an unforseen snag, that i have finally just built in what i call "snag time" and expect the brown stuff to hit the fan occasionally.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Contributing Member

*UPDATE*

After talking to several people and doing a load of research I think I am going to take the spacers off and replace them with Tundra coils and OME N91C struts to yield around 2" of lift, then if needed (which it will be, but I won't be able to do it right away...joys of being a poor college student) I will add a 1" 4Crawler body lift to clear the 285's completely.

I will also order a Sonoran Steel diff drop along with the Sonoran Steel Panhard drop bracket.

If there is ANYBODY out there that knows of ANYBODY that has had ANY CV problems or high-speed vibrations or ANY negative things about the front Tundra/OME setup TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!! Haha, I am REALLY hoping to avoid ANY CV problems with this setup!

Thanks for all the help so far, keep it coming on this setup!

Fink
Old 12-14-2005, 12:12 AM

Wow, what you've done in the past 2 months is what most people on this site have taken 2 or 3 years to do. haha.. Hope it works well for ya!
Old 12-14-2005, 04:56 AM

I'm still a bit confused by some of the posts (keep in mind...I've only owned and modified sports cars my whole life...I've always lowered, never lifted anything)...

So you guys are saying that just by adding the Tundra springs (front and back) they will LIFT my 00' 4Runner 2"? Without the use of spacers? Or am I misunderstanding?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:23 AM

No you can only use the tundra front springs to lift about 2.0 inches, but with Bamachem 3/8 spacer about 2.5 in. Tundra's have leaf springs in the rear. You should use OME 891's or LC-80 front 7 wrap coils in the rear.
check out these threads if your still confused...
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/new-suspension-setup-trd-front-lift-3rd-gen-4runner-41848/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/fzj80-springs-4runner-61255/
Old 02-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Contributing Member

Figured I should tie this thread up now after about 5k miles on my new setup.

Tundra/OME is by far the way to go...if you go the spacer route, GO WITH 2.5"!!!! Trust me!

Overall, this lift is amazing, we had an ice storm this weekend and I had to pull some people out and get down in some pretty crazy spots and this thing did great! Didn't have a problem once!

Highly recommended! 5 out of 5!

Fink