Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Busy week for my 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Busy week for my 4Runner

My 4Runner got a treat this week as I dedicated my days off to working on it.

I finally installed the Firestick antenna for my Cobra CB. Unfortunately the bracket firestick sells didn't fit right on the fender and the flex caused the sheet metal screws pull out after only a short drive. I was lucky as a friend of mine was kind enough to make me up a new stainless steel bracket which mounts into a stock bolt hole in the fender.

I managed to scrounge up some steel wheels in the right bolt pattern which were only $10 Canadian each. I got 5 and will be stripping and painting them before putting some winter/offroad tires on.

I repainted my tow bar since it was starting to flake, picked up a bracket to hold the 4 pin trailer connector and redid the trailer wiring which wasn't working.

I finally designed a new fuse and relay block to handle the extra lighting and will be doing up the harness for it while I am on night shift.

Started the work on a new switch plate for the cabin to control all the extra lights.

Replaced the sealed beam headlights with some Bosch housings which take replacable bulbs. I never liked the Sealed beams pattern and the difference is (pardon the pun) like night and day.:rolleyes: I also replaced the sockets as age had done a number on the old ones.

Rebuilt my fog and driving lights as corrossion had started to eat into them. I still have to come up with a new bracket design to put them higher up so they don't get filled with water and road dust.

Put on my TRD sticker that has been sitting in my desk drawer for over a year. It is cranberry coloured and shows the TRD in clear so the underside colour comes through. I put it on th upper bar of my bush bar.

I know, I know where are the pictures right?

Promise I will snap some shots and post them soon but I gotta get some sleep before work.
Old 09-01-2002, 12:55 PM

That is a busy schedule for your 4Runner. I am sure that it is really happy now that it is all fixed up. It feels good to get stuff like that done and see the final product. I can't wait to see the pictures. :fireman:
Old 09-04-2002, 05:53 AM
Contributing Member

Mack awesome list of fixherups there. Feels good when you finish something you been meaning to do the truck for ages doesn't it!
Old 03-09-2003, 03:18 AM

Another marathon mod session!!

Well... weather permitting I am spending the next two weeks doing a bunch more mods and upgrades on the 4Runner. I work a 4 on 4 off schedule so I rarely have the time to do mods and have to do them on my vacation.

I will post results as they get done.