Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Automatic climate control diagram

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Automatic climate control diagram

1999 4runner limited.

Does anyone have a parts diagram of the auto climate control system? I think I need the cable from the control valve on the firewall and not sure which part number that is.... or what the proper term for that cable is.

Also, I think i may have done something to disengage the blend door actuator. I no longer get air flow from the top vents regardless of what the display shows.

thanks.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:06 PM

Received 647 Likes on 522 Posts
Also, I think i may have done something to disengage the blend door actuator. I no longer get air flow from the top vents regardless of what the display shows.
Find where the cable enters the blend door control gears. Sometimes the outer sheath comes out of the "ears" that grip it. When that happens, as the cable is moved, instead of the inner part of the cable moving the gears it's attached to, the outer part moves. This doesn't allow the inner part to move anything.
Check that the cable is aligned properly, then make sure the outer sheath is in the ears that hold it firmly. Locked in so that it can't move, only the inner part can.

​​​​​​​Does anyone have a parts diagram of the auto climate control system? I think I need the cable from the control valve on the firewall and not sure which part number that is.... or what the proper term for that cable is.
I presume you mean the hot water control valve on the firewall? Thus, the hot water control valve cable, I believe.
Are you sure the cable is actually broken, or did, once again, the outer sheath come loose from the holder at either end? Follow the cable to it's ends, and ensure the outer sheath is latched in properly. You can also disconnect both ends, and manually slide the inner cable back and forth to make sure it's not broken anywhere. Yes, if it's broken someplace along it's length, it will need replacing. If it's not broken, though, why replace it?

I think I've read the best source for part diagrams with numbers, is toyotaparts.com. I have never used it myself yet. The FSM is terrible at showing the cables, so don't bother with that. You can call your local dealer's part's department, give them your vin, and get the part number you need for your particular vehicle. Then go online, seeking the particular number your vehicle needs.

Does all that rambling help at all?
Pat☺
Old 01-24-2022, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was able to find the problem with the blend door and fixed that.

Regarding the cable.... its not broken, just doesn't move freely in the cable housing. I've removed it and oiled it before but most have taken on water or moisture in the past. I'm looking for the part number on that cable.

thanks again