95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Anyone up to helping?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by callmej75
Have you got that intake pipe in yet?
Unfortunately, not yet. I'm talking to a supplier I found who is soon going to be able to custom make the mandrel bends for me out of aluminum which will help distribute the heat better than the aluminized or ss thing. He is supposed to be pricing them in bulk for me and letting me know what the centerline radius will be. However, we do have the other bends on order. Once we get them in stock they will be ss. Don't know if you want to wait for the aluminum bends or not.

Last edited by cootees; 10-24-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldn't do much tonight because I'm at a stand still til the head bolts arrive tomorrow. Snapped some pics of the fuel rails and some of my fancy blue wire loom.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member

Just got it yesterday! Thanks a bunch man...oh and the old lady thought I had a letter from a girlfriend so I was teasing her about it and I finally gave it up to her and she only found a gasket inside hahaha
Haha...Ya the only envelope I had around was one from a birthday card...More pics! Looks good, you may have been able to get away with using the same bolts since they hadn't been heat cycled but better safe then sorry
Old 10-25-2005, 05:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Silver_Truck
Haha...Ya the only envelope I had around was one from a birthday card...More pics! Looks good, you may have been able to get away with using the same bolts since they hadn't been heat cycled but better safe then sorry
I figured if ANYTHING bad was to happen it WOULD happen to me! So yeh...new head bolts a must.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:05 AM
Contributing Member

Final parts needed for assembly...THANKS PHIL!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

The POS seller said this:
I stated in my add that I was not a mechanic and that I did not know much about these heads. I also said that I had not installed them so I could not no. They stayed in the original boxes until I sold them to you. Here is the exact copy of my add:
THIS IS A PAIR OF REBUILT CYLINDER HEADS I BOUGHT ON EBAY FOR MY 1993 TOYOTA 4RUNNER. I HAVE SINCE SOLD MY 4RUNNER AND NEVER INSTALLED THESE HEADS. I JUST DID NOT HAVE THE TIME TO REPAIR MY TRUCK. THANK YOU, VIX
THE FOLLOWING IS THE DESCRIPTION FROM THE ORIGINAL AUCTION THAT I PURCHASED THEM FROM. PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT A MECHANIC AND I DON'T KNOW MUCH MORE ABOUT THESE HEADS, BUT I WILL TRY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AS BEST I CAN.

THIS AUCTION IS FOR A COMPLETELY REBUILT SET OF 3.0 TOYOTA SOHC CYLINDER HEADS. THESE HEADS WILL FIT 3.0 ENGINES FROM 88-95. THESE HEADS HAVE A 3 ANGLE VALVE JOB, PRESSURE TESTED, RESURFACED, & NEW VALVE STEM SEALSINSTALLED. AS YOU CAN SEE THESE HEADS ARE IN LIKE NEW CONDITION AND ARE AS GOOD AS THEY LOOK.
I have highlighted the part in red which states that I am not a mechanic and I don't know much more about these heads. I also state in my payment instructions and return policy that I don't offer returns or warranties, this is a copy of it:

Sorry, but there is nothing more I am responsible for. VIX
Old 10-25-2005, 07:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by FilthyRich
The POS seller said this:
I stated in my add that I was not a mechanic and that I did not know much about these heads. I also said that I had not installed them so I could not no. They stayed in the original boxes until I sold them to you. Here is the exact copy of my add:
THIS IS A PAIR OF REBUILT CYLINDER HEADS I BOUGHT ON EBAY FOR MY 1993 TOYOTA 4RUNNER. I HAVE SINCE SOLD MY 4RUNNER AND NEVER INSTALLED THESE HEADS. I JUST DID NOT HAVE THE TIME TO REPAIR MY TRUCK. THANK YOU, VIX
THE FOLLOWING IS THE DESCRIPTION FROM THE ORIGINAL AUCTION THAT I PURCHASED THEM FROM. PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT A MECHANIC AND I DON'T KNOW MUCH MORE ABOUT THESE HEADS, BUT I WILL TRY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AS BEST I CAN.

THIS AUCTION IS FOR A COMPLETELY REBUILT SET OF 3.0 TOYOTA SOHC CYLINDER HEADS. THESE HEADS WILL FIT 3.0 ENGINES FROM 88-95. THESE HEADS HAVE A 3 ANGLE VALVE JOB, PRESSURE TESTED, RESURFACED, & NEW VALVE STEM SEALSINSTALLED. AS YOU CAN SEE THESE HEADS ARE IN LIKE NEW CONDITION AND ARE AS GOOD AS THEY LOOK.
I have highlighted the part in red which states that I am not a mechanic and I don't know much more about these heads. I also state in my payment instructions and return policy that I don't offer returns or warranties, this is a copy of it:

Sorry, but there is nothing more I am responsible for. VIX
I would just leave negative feedback and be done with it. All problems cured so I can start the assembly. Live and learn dude...thats all we can do! Thanks Eric
Old 10-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would just leave negative feedback and be done with it. All problems cured so I can start the assembly. Live and learn dude...thats all we can do! Thanks Eric

Unless he stated that in the auction that the heads are being sold "as-is" then you can still do a paypal dispute for faulty/defective equipment. It would at least put his money on hold and paypal will do an investigation over it. Meanwhile he may reason up once he sees that you are serious about it and try to work out something. Even a little bit of money back would help since you had to replace parts on that "fully rebuilt" head.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

STRIPPED BEARING CAP BOLT.....small block ford...small block ford...i should have done it! Well its helicoil time. In the meantime I'm saving for that 302. It will happen now John! Well gotta wait til Friday til I get the helicoil so Philip if you are up to it I'm gonna have another wrench-a-thon Saturday.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Contributing Member

ain't she purty...3 heli coils and it should be finished
Old 10-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Contributing Member

Heli-coils are in and loc-tite'd in. Tomorrow starts the final assembly. THANK GOD
Old 10-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member

Got alot done today...should finish up tomorrow
Old 10-29-2005, 07:04 PM

lookin really good. glad to see that its all workin out for ya.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by runnerboy97
lookin really good. glad to see that its all workin out for ya.
Thanks...if I start it up and it smokes then I will have one purty 3.0 for sale and investing in my 5.0! Made me a cam gear tool from a steel shelf bracket from 84 lumber and I straightened it out in the vise and drilled it and put 2 screws in it. Worked like a charm
Old 10-29-2005, 07:41 PM

Holy, I just read this thread from start to finish.

Sorry to see you have such bad luck callmej75, happy to see it's starting to turn around for you though.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Yota4runner
Holy, I just read this thread from start to finish.

Sorry to see you have such bad luck callmej75, happy to see it's starting to turn around for you though.
Bad luck is my middle name...we shall see the true verdict tomorrow when I crank it for the first time in 2 months!
Old 10-29-2005, 07:47 PM

Bad luck is my middle name...we shall see the true verdict tomorrow when I crank it for the first time in 2 months!
Well heres hoping all goes well for you.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:35 AM

Thanks...if I start it up and it smokes then I will have one purty 3.0 for sale and investing in my 5.0! Made me a cam gear tool from a steel shelf bracket from 84 lumber and I straightened it out in the vise and drilled it and put 2 screws in it. Worked like a charm

It should smoke for a little while any how. It will probably smoke from just about every surface on it from handling everything when you installed it.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Ganoid
It should smoke for a little while any how. It will probably smoke from just about every surface on it from handling everything when you installed it.
oh yeh I expect it to smoke and sputter but not carry on and make loud noises. Just until the computer straightens itself out and it has ran for about 20 minutes or so.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

Got some more done today...either tomorrow or tuesday is the completion day.

Quick Reply: Anyone up to helping?