Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Another S/C is in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turboale
should I start a group buy thread? thats three...?
three's a crowd. time for a new home. Let's see if IPT is interested.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:40 AM
Contributing Member

Wow Austin I'm jelouos, you were right I want one now. But there is no way possible. Unless a money tree springs from the ground in my back yard then I'll just have to live with the envy. You need to find a way to get to Tellico in the spring, I bet hitting those switchbacks with the S/C would be too fun for words, heck it was a trip w/o one so it could only get better. Keep pushing with that Tellico vid I really want to see it.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Contributing Member

Cool, who wants to send the email/make the call...? I won't be able to do it til spring break (March 10th) maybe a couple days before...

damn, $500 for a modification, not even a part! wow...

I hope we can pull some strings here...

Last edited by turboale; 02-22-2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

Cool, who wants to send the email/make the call...? I won't be able to do it til spring break (March 10th) maybe a couple days before...

damn, $500 for a modification, not even a part! wow...

I hope we can pull some strings here...
I got it. I'll send IPT an e-mail. Keep you posted...
Old 02-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Contributing Member

i was just writing one... you already send it?

are you on im...?

Last edited by turboale; 02-22-2005 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

i was just writing one... you already send it?
Just sent it 12:27p
Old 02-22-2005, 08:40 AM
Contributing Member

cool cool!
Old 02-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, it's either $500 now or $2000 later, so it's a pretty easy call for me - pull the SC and regear before i spend another $1300 or so on a URD and a VB upgrade. instead of spending $1300, i'll get $1400 and then spend that on a regear w/ front ARB... see, a front locker and regear is SAVING me money... (i'll keep telling myself that)...
Old 02-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Contributing Member

pansy...

you'll save money til you start braking CVs... let me tell you how much fun THAT is... what trails are you going to run with this pristine beast of yours? You now have no excuse not to run table rock...

Last edited by turboale; 02-22-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bamachem
well, it's either $500 now or $2000 later, so it's a pretty easy call for me - pull the SC and regear before i spend another $1300 or so on a URD and a VB upgrade. instead of spending $1300, i'll get $1400 and then spend that on a regear w/ front ARB... see, a front locker and regear is SAVING me money... (i'll keep telling myself that)...
whatever you need to justify the change. You gotta drive my truck though. WOW fast.

Ausitn--
I had the URD kit installed before I saw him. It was just a "fine tune"
Old 02-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

so you hadn't dyno tuned it before?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Banned

i'm not trying to compensate for anything... are you?

ouch.

i got mine to keep highway speeds up when the runner is loaded down w/ the kid and all the wife's luggage. you got it to go fast and want a screaming runner. however, it's going to cost you $3000+ in the long run counting the used SC, fuel mods, trans upgrade, trans cooler, etc. for me, to regear and lock the front for $1300 and sell the SC and pulleys for $1500 so I POCKET $200 ON THE DEAL and get the same results (for my driving style) is much more cost effective for what i want and use it for. i don't care to blow the doors off a 1.8T, although it would be fun. if that was my intent, then i'd get a TT Supra for a play vehicle and not a runner. also, by locking the front w/ the SC and the URD kit, then i'll be snapping CV's like toothpics with the slightest of skinny pedal action.

different strokes for different folks.

if you have any Q's about what i've done or anything else about the SC, feel free to ask.

have fun w/ that thing and don't kill yourself!

Last edited by bamachem; 02-22-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Banned

pansy...

you'll save money til you start braking CVs... let me tell you how much fun THAT is... what trails are you going to run with this pristine beast of yours? You now have no excuse not to run table rock...
CV's are nothing. 45 min to an hour tops to change one out. i don't know why you had such a problem w/ yours.

pristine... now that's funny. just cause i put some paint on my arb cause i was painting the hood and fenders anyway and you think it's pristine... lol... it's 6 years old w/ 125k miles on it. all 4 flares are scratched up, dings in the doors, rear bumper has a softball dent in the underside, one flare is pulled away from the fender - has been for 9+ months and i still haven't fixed it. i also have a ton of scratches down the left rear quarter from tellico last time. it's not pristine. it's nice from about 25' away and looks good in passing, but you get up on it, and it's got plenty of flaws. i'm not putting money into cosmetics. i painted it cause i could and it didn't cost me anything and i like it better that way. why not?

lol... pristine.

i may end up on slickrock w/ chris, brian, and others. i dunno about that one yet. it depends on what i can do to armor the undercarriage by then. i'll be double locked w/ a winch so i know i can make it no matter what w/o any outside help - i'll just have to pull a line at the top to clear the washout. however, if it means bad body damage, then i'll pass. i'm making payments on it for a little longer, and until it's MINE, it's not getting beat up.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
should I start a group buy thread? thats three...?
Four (unless you're counting me already in the three). I'm kinda' broke, but I'll print (umm, "find") the money to get in on a group buy rate.

Just so you know, John's here on the forum as "Transdude". Drop him a line and point him to the thread!

Last edited by midiwall; 02-22-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FilthyRich
I had the URD kit installed before I saw him. It was just a "fine tune"
Did you notice what he did to "unlock" the WOT power? Are you running a EGT or A/FM, did he hook up an A/FM on the fly, or did he just kinda' go by the seat of his pants?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Contributing Member

Damn dude... didn't mean to pinch a nerve, sorry about that.

I'm just trying to add food to the fire and egg you on so you do concur slick rock! Chris can't be the only 3rd gen doing it!!

You are right in that I caught the power bug... though half is wanting more and the other half is wanting a reliable setup. ALL my buddies here are into cars, there are maybe 3 guys with yotas and even then... there is NO place to wheel, and mud is starting to piss me off. So, why not make it faster?

Last edited by turboale; 02-22-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Banned

Damn dude... didn't mean to pinch a nerve, sorry about that.

I'm just trying to add food to the fire and egg you on so you do concur slick rock! Chris can't be the only 3rd gen doing it!!

You are right in that I caught the power bug... though half is wanting more and the other half is wanting a reliable setup. ALL my buddies here are into cars, there are maybe 3 guys with yotas and even then... there is NO place to wheel, and mud is starting to piss me off. So, why not make it faster?
lol no nerved spinched here... just yanking your chain right back...

yeah, i had the power bug when i got the SC and i still love it, but to ENJOY the power, it costs serious money. money that i don't want to put into a truck to make it semi-fast.

Used SC: $1500
Used URD Kit: $700
VB Upgrade: $500
Trans Cooler: $50
Smaller Pulley: $50

Spending $2800 on used parts, doing the labor yourself, and paying ~$2/gal for 93 octane to be slower than a $3000 1994 acura legend GS coupe w/ 6speed manual: Priceless.

I'll get the circa 94 gs sometime this summer for my DD and have some REAL fun and get 25+ MPG doing it... and still have a sweet runner for a play toy...
Old 02-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Contributing Member

Good luck finding one... my buddy used to really be into legends. My uncle has a GS sedan and loves it. Its a blast to drive! You just don't see the coupes anywhere! I love the rear ends though... I don't know about it being faster than a runner with all those mods though... maybe with 33s...

Mark,
I was counting you...
Old 02-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Contributing Member

Austin, Sweet video! don't you just love the difference? I haven't had any issues with pinging, but i do understand the high RPM leanout, I'll prob. get the URD kit down the road...

welcome to the S/C club-
Old 02-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Contributing Member

would you be interested in getting the valve body upgrade? It would be really smart, especially with those big'ol meats you got on there!

Quick Reply: Another S/C is in!