Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Another S/C is in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Banned

Location: OmG, Hi2U !!! .... DANG, my chic's got some SEXY eyes.... among other things. WOOT WOOT !!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bamachem, I'll start saving $500 sound fair for the S/C and all supporting mods ?
Old 02-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol...

try a little more than double that, and there are no supporting mods...
Old 02-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice job on the video and the pics for install.
I am going to have to find a smokin deal on a S/C this spring cause I can't go without for much longer!
Old 02-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by TRDOLMAN
Well just call me a girl I guess----

Dave

I wish I could do that
Old 02-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Contributing Member

You can't? I haven't totally tried yet... I know you can spin one w/o a problem, I could do that w/o the s/c though...

Andy,
Why are you selling it? You going through with that cruiser thing?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by turboale
You can't? I haven't totally tried yet... I know you can spin one w/o a problem, I could do that w/o the s/c though...

Andy,
Why are you selling it? You going through with that cruiser thing?
I can't spin my MT/R's on dry, but I can spin both rears on wet easily w/ the locker engaged.

Dunno. I love the SC, but w/ 33's and 4.10's I'm just scared that I'm "robbing peter to pay paul" and will eventually eat my drivetrain. I'm also sick of paying ~$2/gal for gas. I love the sound and the power, and the first thing I'm doing (after buying a new front bumper next week) is a regear (probally in march) w/ a front locker. However, a front locker w/ a SC is just going to scream for breakage. That's when I thought about selling it for a custom rear bumper. Would I rather have an SC, then have to spend another $700 on a use URD kit that I found, and continue to pay $0.20/gal more for fuel (~$250 / year more and 93 is supposed to be ~$2.75/gal this summer if the financial analysts are right), -OR- would I rather sell it, save on gas, and get a custom rear bumper w/ tire carrier and still come out cheaper AND not have to worry about the drivetrain. I will have most of the power that I have now w/ the regear even without the SC. The SC is nice, and if this were going to continue to be my DD, then I'd definitely keep it. I'm still thinking about keeping it, but for now, I'm leaning on a rear bumper for the runner.

Last edited by bamachem; 02-21-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Contributing Member

Austin-

Congrats on the charger, and great work on the video!

I have serious SC'r envy!!
Old 02-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Banned

Location: OmG, Hi2U !!! .... DANG, my chic's got some SEXY eyes.... among other things. WOOT WOOT !!
Hey Christian, im suffering some from black wheel envy right now.. Im debating on doing mine like yours. Are they PCed, or jsut spray bombed ?

Sorry for the hijack austin !
Old 02-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Contributing Member

do an advanced search with his screen name, he did a full writeup on how he did it.

Thanks christian! The video is nothing... took me 15min to make. Just wait until I get a chance to finish the video from the last tellico run. The footage is limited b/c the others that were bringing cameras couldn't come, but it should turn out pretty well.

Last edited by turboale; 02-21-2005 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Stegall984R
Hey Christian, im suffering some from black wheel envy right now.. Im debating on doing mine like yours. Are they PCed, or jsut spray bombed ?

Sorry for the hijack austin !
Allen-

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...ight=oem+black

Let me know if you have any additional questions. In summary, they are sprayed.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Banned

sweet
Old 02-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bamachem
I can't spin my MT/R's on dry, but I can spin both rears on wet easily w/ the locker engaged.

Dunno. I love the SC, but w/ 33's and 4.10's I'm just scared that I'm "robbing peter to pay paul" and will eventually eat my drivetrain. I'm also sick of paying ~$2/gal for gas. I love the sound and the power, and the first thing I'm doing (after buying a new front bumper next week) is a regear (probally in march) w/ a front locker. However, a front locker w/ a SC is just going to scream for breakage. That's when I thought about selling it for a custom rear bumper. Would I rather have an SC, then have to spend another $700 on a use URD kit that I found, and continue to pay $0.20/gal more for fuel (~$250 / year more and 93 is supposed to be ~$2.75/gal this summer if the financial analysts are right), -OR- would I rather sell it, save on gas, and get a custom rear bumper w/ tire carrier and still come out cheaper AND not have to worry about the drivetrain. I will have most of the power that I have now w/ the regear even without the SC. The SC is nice, and if this were going to continue to be my DD, then I'd definitely keep it. I'm still thinking about keeping it, but for now, I'm leaning on a rear bumper for the runner.
I hear you Andy. Most days I am ready to yank the thing because of high fuel costs and the occasional HG/LR ping. I am at a crossroads right now. I need to pull the S/C off to replace the nosedrive...do I put the S/C back on or go back to stock? Decisions, decisions...
Old 02-21-2005, 03:27 PM

Where'd you get your S/C for and how much? I dreaded starting another thread about this so I'll ask here.. I am going to do the whole lot, S/C and URD, but I am uncertain who has the best deal on the S/C. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quick Vid I made:
Click Here
It sounds like you've got the same lagging shift issue that I do. We _both_ need to get a valve body upgrade done.

Keep an eye on the tranny fluid, and try to stay out of hard 1st/2nd shifts.

Congrats on getting it in!
Old 02-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Contributing Member

The only time I broke them loose was when I had a problem with the Trac VSC and check engine light came on all at one. On damp pavement I had them spinning for at least 600 feet. This was when the S/C was just installed before the ECU learned what it did. I still need to tweak the FTC too.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by midiwall
It sounds like you've got the same lagging shift issue that I do. We _both_ need to get a valve body upgrade done.

Keep an eye on the tranny fluid, and try to stay out of hard 1st/2nd shifts.

Congrats on getting it in!
Great video! Mark is right about your tranny. You are getting a lot of slip at gear change. On a N/A truck that slippage is no big deal. When you bolt on the S/C it becomes a big deal. You will fry the tranny clutches in short order the way you were driving the truck in the vid. With future fuel mods and smaller pulleys it gets worse. I know guys that have fried their clutches in one day! If I were you,I would get in touch with John at Import Performance Transmissions www.importperformancetrans.com and get the valve body upgrade done ASAP. It's a lot cheaper than paying 2 grand for a tranny overhaul. I had it done and it made a world of difference. My 2 cents.
Dave
Old 02-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Where'd you get your S/C for and how much? I dreaded starting another thread about this so I'll ask here.. I am going to do the whole lot, S/C and URD, but I am uncertain who has the best deal on the S/C. Any input would be appreciated.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52476

Last edited by bamachem; 02-22-2005 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Contributing Member

hmmm, group buy? This would be ideal to have done the week i'll be in the bahamas for spring break. What all do I have to disassemble? Will a tranny shop have to do it? I did notice the slow shifts. Ive been trying to ease up a bit on it when shifting. I did recently put BG full synthetic fluid in with the tranny cooler, I'll be a bit more careful though. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-22-2005, 07:27 AM
Contributing Member

hmmm, group buy? This would be ideal to have done the week i'll be in the bahamas for spring break. What all do I have to disassemble? Will a tranny shop have to do it? I did notice the slow shifts. Ive been trying to ease up a bit on it when shifting. I did recently put BG full synthetic fluid in with the tranny cooler, I'll be a bit more careful though. Thanks for the heads up!
I need a valve body uprgade. I met w/ Gadget this past weekend. Holy ˟˟˟˟˟. He unlocked all kinds of power, epsecially at WOT. I fully endorse/recommend the URD upgrades. WOW. i don't know any other way to say it. Rollin' on 285s and this thing flies.
IPT here we come...
Old 02-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

should I start a group buy thread? thats three...?

Filthy,
Did you have the urd kit in before you met up with him? or did he install it and tune it for you?

Quick Reply: Another S/C is in!